“Best deal near the airport”

Concorde Inn Kuala Lumpur International Airport
Ranked #5 of 14 Hotels in Sepang
Reviewed July 8, 2009

There are only two hotels near the KL airport and this was the more budget friendly of the two. The room is large with a very clean bathroom. TV had a fair number of English channels so we were able to catch up on what was happening in the world before we returned home.
Has buffets available for both breakfast and dinner, but also has an a la carte menu for dinner. Breakfast buffet was decent with a respectable variety.
Hotel shuttle runs every 30 minutes, but be aware that it only runs to the main terminal and does not provide service to the Low Cost Carrier (LCC) terminal.
Did not use the gym or pool so no comment.
For an overnight stay near the airport this hotel is more than adequate.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank rounddog

Reviewed July 7, 2009

We had an early flight from LCCT (Low Cost Carrier Terminal) and thought it wise to stay in an hotel nearby the airport for the night. This hotel seemed to be the cheapest option although I understand there’s a new hotel opened by AirAsia right next to LCCT.

The hotel is about 10-15 drive from LCCT and around 5-10 minute drive from the International terminal.

The rooms were dreadful and was reminiscent of a hospital room, cold tiled floors, bland walls and an odd feel. There was a TV with some English speaking channels and tea and coffee making facilities. However if you’re just looking for a place to rest your head before flying than this will do the job, any longer than one night and I would suggest looking for something else!

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank clouds111
Reviewed June 29, 2009

I stayed here because my airline changed my flight schedule so they paid for one night's accommodation. And, of all places, they decided to put me here. What can one say about the Concorde Inn? It certainly isn't a luxury hotel. I understand that transit is the only reason anyone would choose to stay here. For that purpose, its location is great. I, on the other hand, wanted to see a bit of KL and the fact that this was located a few minutes away from the airport meant that one day of my time there was wasted because it was too far away from anything.

Service at the reception desk was extremely poor. I was served by someone who looked like the hotel manager who had a constant sneer on his face. He didn't say a single word to me, no "Hello" or "Welcome". He just took my hotel voucher and processed my stay. Actually, he did say "Passport" to me.

The facilities? The place looks like a prison compound. All it needed was a barbed wire fence around its perimeter and it would've been perfect. The rooms are quite spread out across the grounds but all I remember is one concrete hallway after another. Well the rooms are extremely poor. The pink and peach decor with flowery bedding was a little too much to bear. Then one comes to the green tiling of the bathroom. The pool and the gym are extremely small but I would think after seeing the compound, you wouldn't be in much of a mood for those activities.

The only reason I didn't give it one star is because of the service at the Melting Pot restaurant they have on site. There was a wide array of food both for dinner and breakfast. The staff were extremely friendly. It was my first night in Malaysia and there were many traditional Malaysian foods they served during dinner, things I had never seen before. The staff were more than happy to explain to me what they were and how they are eaten. I happy obliged and sampled a little bit of everything.

At the end of the day, this place should only be visited if you have no other choice. I certainly would not have paid for it and luckily I didn't. Personally, if I had a choice, I would've rather taken the KLIA express train to the The Hilton, which is located directly above the station. It takes 30 mins to get there and may be a little inconvenient for those who have very early flights but it's much more worth your money and time.

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled solo
1  Thank lonelypiano
Reviewed June 27, 2009

Stayed here because of a 6 hour stopover. Wasnt first choice however am very glad we stayed there! Room was very clean and spacious, and the hotel had all the facilities you could need. Its not for a romantic stay or for anything other than a stopover for flights or the GP circuit, but for this it was excellent

Free shuttle to and from airport which is only 5 minutes away and was every half hour.

Would stay again if I had a stopover and can highly reccommend.

Also,the room service was great and the food restaurant quality :)

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank ArthurTsang
Reviewed June 5, 2009

We had 1 night at the Concorde before flying home, we were hoping to get a good nights sleep but to no avail - only managed 2hrs!
If you have to overnight please stay at the Pan Pacific Hotel, the Concorde may be cheap and cheap it is. This has to be the worst that myself and husband have stayed in and it was a relief to check-in at KL for our flight home.

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Greedy34
Reviewed May 31, 2009

Stayed at the Concorde Inn twice in May 09. The first occasion I was allocated a room in Terminal 7. Room was fine for a short stay. Fridge, free tea, coffee & water. Breakfast was fine, lots of choice. The pool was nice to relax in after a days work. Air con in the room was not great. When I stayed the next time I was allocated a room in Terminal 5. This room was very poor in consideration to the first one I stayed in. No fridge, dirty room & corridor & horrible lighting in the room. Ordered room service & the food was poor, not recommended but nowhere else to go except the buffet which I didn't want.

Overall, the hotel is great for a night or two & if you can get a good rate. Staff very friendly!

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled on business
1  Thank slimshaneylondon
Reviewed May 28, 2009

The title is because the hotel is set out in blocks, which they call terminals, but in all honesty it resembles the above. Our room was perfectly ok, but due to the fact the the 'terminals' are in open buildings with tiled floors, the noise levels from people moving around outside is totally unacceptable. We complained about this but to no avail, they just don't seem to care, our room number 714 (even though we had asked for a quiet location) was located near a main throughfare, which didn't help matters. On the plus side the food in the restaurant was not only tasty but reasonably priced.

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled as a couple