Concorde Inn Kuala Lumpur International Airport
Ranked #5 of 14 Hotels in Sepang
Reviewed September 28, 2013

We arrived hot and tired and were looking forward to aircon, a cold drink and maybe a snack from room service...but were denied all three! We were given a room miles from reception and arrived to find a hot room (that did not cool down much overnight even with aircon on 16!)...a fridge that was empty (stayed there once before and there were cold beers and soft drink in minibar only 2 weeks ago?)...our room was half the size of last time and the bathroom was tiny! Tried to call reception for wifi password to find phone didn't work so limped back to reception to get password and report phone not working to a receptionist who couldn't care less. Went back to room hoping phone would be fixed and could order room service..no such luck..no one came so just had shower and went to bed. Up early to catch early flight and went to reception to order taxi..told no taxi only shuttle..so asked for shuttle and then we were asked if we had booked..which we hadn't because we thought we could get a taxi!! After much sighing and carry on from receptionist she took our monry for shuttle tickets. At $86 for a hot night with no assistance truly not worth it!

Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
ConcordeInnKLIA, Guest Relations Manager at Concorde Inn Kuala Lumpur International Airport, responded to this reviewResponded September 30, 2013

Dear Sally M,

Warmest greetings from Concorde Inn KLIA.

First and foremost, please accept my sincere apologies for the unpleasant experiences on your recent stay. We appreciated you taking the time to share the shortfall of our services rendered which was not up to your expectations.

Rest assured that your inputs have been shared with the Managers of the respective departments concerned and will take the necessary corrective measures on those matters.

Thank you once again and we hope to be of service to you, should you be travelling to Malaysia in the near future.

srewart@concorde.net

Write a ReviewReviews (1,872)

Reviewed September 28, 2013

This is hotel reminds me of dormitory style accommodation. Room was at Terminal 5 of the hotel and found it too far from reception and noise level of people moving about quite high. The good things about this hotel is the free shuttle to/from KLIA. free wifi, spacious and clean room and free breakfast. However, the areas that need improvements are:-
a. Breakfast was awful - tasteless food and poor service
b. No option to leave the hotel except using the same shuttle to KLIA. Limo taxi service is overpriced.
c. Ironing board is outside at the end of the block as a shared facility.

This a convenient place to stay for non fussy travellers who just want a place to stay before taking their flight.

Room Tip: Rooms starting from 400-500 are far from reception/restaurant
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear shedee,

Thank you for sharing your views and feedback with us.

It is unfortunate that the outlook of the hotel is not to your liking. As for your information, we are set in with nature surroundings and the hotel is more of a resort style.

We sincerely apologize that we were unable to meet your expectations and will certainly look into improving on the problems mentioned. We would like to assure you that our commitment to quality hospitality service remains paramount at all times.

We hope this incident will not deter you from visiting us again. Thank you for your patronage.

Reviewed September 27, 2013

I choose this hotel because I needed only 1 night stay to continue my trip. I arrived at about lunch time and went to basement to find a shuttle bus. There is a place for us to wait for that bus, but the driver never said anything to customers, just looked inside and went away to the bus, I followed a group that I believed will stay to the same hotel, and thanks God they did. We walked to the bus without any notification from staff. A silent service...

After checked in, I went to KL by train for dinner with some friends and get back to the hotel. When I arrived in the lobby I came to the receptionist and told them that I need someone to pick up my husband at 4:30 at the airport, he must get some rest and then continue for another flight at 11 am. They said they will remind the shuttle bus to pick up, and to make sure my request I came to the shuttle coordinator table, and asked my self to her directly. She wrote down my request on her log book and gave me a card with a contact number, for me just in case want to remind them.

Oh my God... they have log book and still asked me to remind them? Well, OK.
Off course I can't sleep at all, and at 4 am I called operator to ask them picking up my husband. And it was 4:40 am my husband called my cell # and said no one in the shuttle point :( he was tired of 16 hours flight and came and no one pick him up.

I went to the receptionist and started to yell to them that why nobody care about my request. I was really upset. After that a driver just started leaving the lobby by a small bus to pick up my husband in the shuttle point., and he arrived in the lobby at 5:45 am.

Imagine... he wasted his time, he needed some rest, that is why we choose your property.

Why your staffs were like really hotel workers?? I was a hotelier., I was an F&B Director in one of Boutique hotel in Bali, and we did much much better that this.

People are tires of this non professional employees with that skill.
And your Front Office Manager/Duty MAnager/Supervisor, just said sorry for that and he told me, that I did not need to be upset, because you guys picked my husband up anyway....
What a service ...

Thins about a really good training for your staffs and manage the good collaboration between department.

RM

Room Tip: No idea...
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear rmaria m,

Warm greetings from Concorde Inn KLIA.

We regret to learn of the unpleasant experiences you have gone through and that we did not meet your expectations during your recent stay. Please do accept our sincere apologies.

Rest assured, this is not the standard of service that the hotel is renowned for and I have taken the time to personally discuss the issues highlighted with the team members, ensuring the team focus on providing memorable experiences for all the guests in the Concorde Inn KLIA.

Once again, we hope that despite your disappointment on this occasion, the hotel will have the opportunity to welcome you back and be of service to you in the near future.

Reviewed September 23, 2013 via mobile

We stayed at Concorde Inn but the rooms are old, quite dirty and all furniture is very dated. The bathroom is really below average. No noise isolation with people arriving and leaving in middle of night.

To get there you need to make a 20 minute bus journey then wait for a shuttle bus. Count on app 40 to 45 minutes. Or take a taxi but quite expensive fixed rates.

Two weeks later we instead took a bus to central Kuala Lumpur, it is direct and first stop is central, costs around USD4 per person and right next to the bus terminal there are around 5 different budget hotels like myhotel and metro hotel. We tried metro hotel, it is brand new, spacious room and bathroom, use of nice quality materials throughout, comfy bed, quiet. Easy to get anywhere in town as the metro is 5 minutes walk away. Bus back to the airport runs from 3am.

Far more convenient and far cheaper option than staying at the airport!

• Stayed: September 2013
ConcordeInnKLIA, Guest Relations Manager at Concorde Inn Kuala Lumpur International Airport, responded to this reviewResponded September 24, 2013

Dear worldtravellerLDN

Thank you for sharing your views and feedback with us.

With deep regret, I sincerely apologize that we are unable to meet your expectations. We do feature this information in our official website, which you can refer the distance between the Low Cost Carrier Terminal (LCCT) with our hotel.

We appreciate the information given and we stand by our commitment to provide the best service possible and your reviews have certainly enlighten us on the areas we sorely need attention.

We hope and look forward to be able to serve you again in the near future.

Reviewed September 21, 2013

This hotel was perfect for an overnight stay... close to the Main Terminal at KL airport. Hotel shuttle bus was very efficient and free, and ran every half hour. NOTE. Can get busy early in the morning so give yourself plently of time. The journey to the airport is approx 10 minutes.
The hotel complex is quite large, the rooms are basic, but have all the facilities, inc TV ,tea and coffee making facilities, fridge, air con. The beds are very comfortable.
The rooms are spotlessly clean, good hot showers.
Staff very friendly and helpful
The on site restaurant was good with a buffet or set meal available.
The price was very good, would stay here again, it beats battling the traffic and staying in KL city.

Room Tip: It can be a long walk to some rooms, but these rooms maybe a bit quieter
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Pam W
ConcordeInnKLIA, Guest Relations Manager at Concorde Inn Kuala Lumpur International Airport, responded to this reviewResponded September 22, 2013

Dear Pam W,

Thank you for your splendid review during your recent stayed at Concorde Inn KLIA.

We are very delighted to know that you had a very pleasant stay with us. It is our pleasure to make you feel comfortable while rejuvenating before embarking your onward journey. We will definitely your kind comments to the team and for sure it will bring smiles to their faces.

We look forward to your returning to our little stop-over whenever you travel via Malaysia again. Feel free to let us know if we can be of any assistance to for you.

Reviewed September 21, 2013 via mobile

Booked this motel for stopover. Im kind of disappointed that I had to wait for long to check in coz they cant find my booking number. Then I was given the room in the 500's block that was soo far from the main building. Only to realized it was a motel style stay. Toilet was perfect n clean. Room was styled simply like a motel with tiles without carpet. But the two main disappointment here were the bed was veryyyy noisy as u move n the room was totally not sound proof. You can hear footsteps clearlyy whenever people walk outside the room , if u ever been to school hostel. I will never come back with such a price.

• Stayed: September 2013

Dear raweeda,

Thank you for taking time to write this review.

We take your comments with great importance. We apologize for any inconvenience caused and would be grateful if you can kindly provide us your full stay details. We would like to rectify the shortcoming and serve you better in the future.

Reviewed September 21, 2013

Stayed only one night. We choose this hotel because of location and the free shuttle for stopover.

Shuttle Service is good but the driver should more put smile on his face.

Check in very fast and the bellman show us how to go to our room. Room is clean but very basic. The problem is to noisy. You can hear people drag their luggage all the time.

Breakfast was okay. Chef who cooked at egg counter very polite and friendly compare to all waiter/ress.

The staffs seem not bother to clear soil plates at your table. Just chatting at hostess stand.

• Stayed: August 2013

Dear Bie_16,

Thank you very much for taking your time to write in. We valued your feedback and comments positively to improve and to strive further towards achieving excellence services to our guests. We take extra note on the issues that you have kindly raised, especially the staffs attentiveness. This is certainly will be shared with the team on the shortcomings.

Thank you again for staying with us and we wish you many more happy trips ahead.