“Over charged my credit card three times!!!”

Sama-Sama Express KL International Airport
Ranked #1 of 16 Specialty Lodging in Sepang
Perth, Australia
“Over charged my credit card three times!!!”
Reviewed March 14, 2014

The hotel facilities were really nice and until I checked my credit card statement I was very happy. I found that the hotel had charged me three times for one night accommodation to the total of almost $1,000 AUD. When I contacted them they reversed one payment but have still not reversed the second payment and today I find they have debited my account again!!!! I'm not at all happy. Still travelling in Vietnam it is difficult to get anything done other than through email.
Despite me sending a copy go the CC statement they will not reverse the second payment. BEWARE THIS HOTEL AND YOUR CREDIT CARD!!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled solo
5 Thank Valerie T

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (86)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Indonesian first
Dhahran, Saudi Arabia
Reviewed March 13, 2014

My family stayed at the Sama-Sama Express in the KL International Airport for 6 hours. Would we stay here again and/or recommend it to friends – yes.

The great thing about this hotel is they offer hourly rates. We were able to book a 6 hour block. It was great. We were able to get some must needed rest before catching our next flight.

A word to the wise, book online before showing up. We did this and when we were checking in the hotel was turning people away because it was full.

I have uploaded lots of pictures of the hotel for you to get a better picture of what it is like.

If you found my review helpful, please let me know that by clicking the Helpful Button. Thanks.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
8 Thank ToonTowner
Iqmal M, Manager at Sama-Sama Express KL International Airport, responded to this review, March 17, 2014
Dear ToonTowner,

Thank you for staying with us and taking your time to ewview our hotel.

We look forward t welcome you back in the near future.

Regards

Mumbai (Bombay), India
Reviewed March 11, 2014

While returning to India from New Zealand, we had a one night transit stay at KL. Malaysian Airlines provided us accommodation at Sama Sama. We thoroughly enjoyed the brief stay at this lovely hotel. It is very convenient to reach once the immigration formalities were done. The check in was very fast. The rooms are excellent. The bathrooms are huge and very well equipped. The fully automated controls for every facility in the room were highly impressive. I only wish we had more time to spend in the hotel.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
2 Thank Ameet_Patel
Fethiye, Turkey
Reviewed March 6, 2014

I was travelling alone from Brisbane to Istanbul and had a scheduled stop over between flights of 19 hours so booked 12 hours in the Sama Sama Express.

The location is excellent - by gate C5 so no need to leave the terminal. Check in procedures seemed to take ages but eventually I was shown to a large, clean and airy room overlooking the runway. It was nice having somewhere to sleep, relax, use the internet and generally rest between flights.

As another reviewer has already said, there was very little aeroplane noise. But despite notices asking guests to be quiet as people were sleeping there were children running up and down the corridor and making a noise unchecked. I was also woken by the sound of someone trying to insert a key card into my room lock and I eventually called out. I thought that was end of it only to be disturbed a short time later by a male member of hotel staff who had opened my door to let someone in. Luckily I had put the security latch across.

When I came to check out I did receive an apology - apparently I had not been allocated a room on the computer! A mistake but nevertheless one which was quite distressing especially as I was travelling alone.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled solo
1 Thank KemerCaz
Dear KemerCaz,

Thank you for staying with us and taking your time to review our hotel. It is with regret to note about the inconvenience encountered during your last stay with us. We view this seriously and will addressed this with the relevant personnel.

We hope this one off experience would not deter you from supporting us again and we look forward to welcome you back in the near future.

Regards,

Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed March 3, 2014

Do you have 8 to 10 hours between flights as I did a few days ago , I stayed here and grabbed a nap freshened up with a nice shower and watched some TV all of this without leaving the terminal for a reasonable $80.00 for a 6 hour block.

The hotel is in the arrivals so it is within 5 to 10 minutes depending on where you land.

The bed is very comfortable the rooms very quiet pull the curtains and there is no light .

Great shower, complimentary coffee tea and wifi

Room Tip: ask for a room with a view overlooking the runway
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled solo
1 Thank philippe1953
Doha, Qatar
Reviewed March 1, 2014

This is for the Sama Sama Express hotel, next to gate C5, airside in KL airport not the other one outside the airport. Firstly love we didn't have to get on the train and do the whole round robin out and back through immigration. We got off our first flight and literally within 10mins we had checked into our room and slept for the next 5 hrs before a 5min walk to our next gate and onto the plane. You'll need your boarding pass for your next flight to checkin. Our room looked exactly like the picture. Great shower, good sized bed, National Geographic channel to fall asleep to, 2 bottles of water, wifi, all too easy. We paid $75USD for 6 hours and to us money well spent in lieu of paying for lounge access. Amazingly quiet considering out the window was enormous planes. Grab some food from the food court before heading to your room. Would recomend and do again.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
3 Thank SumoDoha
Dear SumoDoha,

Thank you for staying with us and taking your time to reviw our hotel.

We look forward to welcome you back in the near future.

Arundel, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 23, 2014 via mobile

The suite we had was superb ... Gorgeous an sumptuous ... Fresh fruit platter ready for us ... Great bathroom ! We arrived tired from a long trip so went straight downstairs to eat . Being careful eaters , and vegetarian and vegan , w are some Indian vegetable curry , rice and had some fresh fruit . The buffet dinner have us both runny tummies .. !!! Never again

• Stayed February 2014