“Newly renovated but not included the warm welcome smile from front desk”

Sama-Sama Express KL International Airport
Ranked #1 of 16 Specialty Lodging in Sepang
Kuching, Malaysia
“Newly renovated but not included the warm welcome smile from front desk”
Reviewed October 16, 2013

I staying in this hotel due to overnight delay. The hotel was located next to gate C5 where inside airport. The hotel was still in the process of renovation at public area. Notices and signs were noted at public area.
An 6 hours stay would cost MYR243, Extra hour charged was MYR32 per hour.
The room was newly renovated. My room number is 140 at the end of the pathway. I got a queen size bed. The location of my room was extremely nice because located at end of the pathway and no much people would pass by when they move in or move out. This is a good location for people like quiet place like me.
I have stay in transit hotel in Singapore before. This was not consider best but the room was newly renovated and maintained in clean condition. Wifi was provided free.
Overall I would rate this as satisfactory stay only except the warm welcome from the front desk.

Room Tip: Ask for the room at end of pathway if you need a quiet place.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank sunnybatu
Iqmal M, Manager at Sama-Sama Express KL International Airport, responded to this review, October 23, 2013
Dear Sunnybatu,

First and foremost, please accept our sincere apologies for the lack of customer service accorded at the Front Desk, and thank you for taking your time to share your experiences through tripadvisor.com.

We truly appreciate your feedbacks and we look forward to welcome you back in the near future.

Regards,

Mohd Iqmal
Sama-Sama Express, KL International Airport

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (86)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Indonesian first
Perth
Reviewed October 1, 2013

I stayed here again last week and while the renovations are nice, the noise level in the hall ways was a big problem! I arrived at 11pm checked in and went to bed. The noise level of people coming and going in the hall ways kept me awake most of my 10 hours. Kids running and laughing in the hall ways at 2am and cleaning staff talking very loudly, enough to disrupt those wanting to sleep at night time.
Yes while it is a great location for a short sleep and shower, this time I did not leave feeling overly refreshed.
Hoping my next stay will be better?

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank carrie a
Singapore
Reviewed September 30, 2013 via mobile

Not a Cheap hotel. Excellent location if you missed flight. Amazed by the 'window' . No gym, pool or lounge. But it got nit so hot shower, stable wifi, safebox, samsung 17 inch tv.... charged based on a block of 6 hrs. No way I want to stay here l do want tomiss my flight !

• Stayed September 2013
2 Thank Mokette
Los Angeles
Reviewed September 19, 2013

I recently stayed at the newly reopened KLIA Transit hotel, renamed as Sama Sama Express hotel. The hotel runs in the same concept as Singapore Changi Airport Transit Hotel, and allows passengers with a quick overnight stay being able to pay for a bed. It is not a five star hotel but the room is clean enough for a short night. Free wifi is available but connections are poor. But for a short night, Internet is not my main concern. The room is a bit expensive but then most of the hotels near KLIA are pretty expensive anyway. Sama Sama actually owns a more upscale property at the hotel ground, but the Sama Sama KLIA requires one to exit immigration and customs. If you have more time at KLIA, that hotel might work better for you. If I have a short overnight stay, I will not hesitate to return.

I hope the hotel can work on improving the wifi signal and the lobby definitely needs a major refurbishment, as it looks a bit run down.

Please also remember to bring all the hotel confirmations, as the front desk staffs speak limited English and require you to present document.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Adrian L
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 9, 2013

Worst experience ever. Drilling going on next door and could not get any sleep. Worst hotel I have stayed in - they charge exorbitant amounts for 6 hours and you get no sleep. Non-existent customer service - horrible staff

Room Tip: Its quieter and better out on the terminal than in this horrible hotel
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
4 Thank Bhar G
Iqmal M, Manager at Sama-Sama Express KL International Airport, responded to this review, September 11, 2013
Dear Sir/Madam,

Thank you for taking your time to share your experiences through tripadvisor.com.

It is with regret to note the unpleasant experience during your last stay with us. Please accept my apologies for the inconvenience caused.I would very much wish to make contact with you personally, and if it’s not too much to ask, please do drop me an email with your contact details so that I can be in touch.

Once again, thank your for your time and we look forward to welcome you back in the near future.

Mohd Iqmal / Sama-Sama Express KL International Airport
email: iqmal.muslim@samasamahotels.com
Bundanoon, Australia
Reviewed September 8, 2013

Having stayed in this facility previously it was good to see the refurbishment particularly in the bathrooms ,the whole place looked much cleaner and inviting and the lobby will be finished by October: However in spite of booking well in advance our requested booking was not available to us on arrival, we were given another booking but given we had a 19 hour stop we would have preferred a suite so we could sit in comfort as well as lie down, Our wake up call came two hours early!! Staff were friendly and went out of their way to help with a number of requests,

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank AnnandBob99
Dear Sir/Madam,

We thank you for staying with us during your last visit to Kuala Lumpur International Airport. We are delighted that our vision to " Create Meaningful Connection" have reached you and effort in transforming the property into a brand new look are appreciated.

Please accept my apologies for the inconvenience caused in relation to your arrival experience and the wake up call time. We will certainly use your feedback and review our operating procedure accordingly.

Once again, thank you for sharing your experience and we look forward to welcome you back in the near future.

Mohd Iqmal / Sama-Sama Express KL International Airport
Perth, Australia
Reviewed September 4, 2013

Have stayed a number of times in the Airport hotel at KL.
Last trip was July 2013 and I must say..I am impressed with the refurbishment.
It's fresher...the bathrooms have been upgraded and don't appear shabby and dirty anymore!
The new carpet has added a sense of cleanliness and modernism too!
All in all a much more pleasant experience than in the past. Sama Sama is good value for money and I would recommend it for an overnight transit journey.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo