“Great Transit Stopover”

Sama-Sama Express KL International Airport
Ranked #1 of 18 Specialty Lodging in Sepang
Reviewed March 9, 2013

The hotel is ideal for a short stay while transiting. I arrived at the International airport via MAS at 11pm and did not have to connect to my Langkawi flight until 0900 the following day. The hotel arranged for me to be met at the airbridge with a golf buggy and I cleared immigration the following morning.
I stayed in a deluxe room (in a 6 hour block) which had plenty of room, clean bathroom and comfortable bed. The hotel is being renovated and will is looking good.

Room Tip: Email for booking and confirmation early and go for a deluxe room.
3  Thank CruisingNanna2013

Reviewed March 3, 2013

There's nothing much to be said about this place. We had an eight hour layover between flights and, at 03:00, thought it best to book a room to catch some sleep. It's difficult to rate the value but it's certainly nice being able to shower and get some sleep in a proper bed before jumping on your next flight.

We would recommend booking this in advance as you'll otherwise run the risk of no rooms being available. We did it as a spur of the moment kind of thing and got one of the last rooms on offer. The hotel itself is easy to find and check-in went without a hitch. The room is nice and dark and the bed is comfortable enough to offer the chance of a good sleep.

There was no alarm clock in the room, which seemed a bit odd in the context of someone travelling and looking for a few hours sleep before the next flight. We also found the soap dispenser in the shower to have a broken lever but were given soap and shampoo upon approaching staff at the reception. There was also some mould in the shower.

No mention was made of the free buggy service to the gate - not that we asked but we overheard another customer discussing this with staff as we were checking out.

Over all it might seem expensive but definitely makes flying easier after a shower and some sleep.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 2, 2013

My first time to stay at this transit hotel. Relaxing between longhauls. Clean, almost quiet (building happening) and very comfortable bed. A great rest had ahead of my next flight. I booked the room for one block (6hrs) + 2 hours. I had returned on my way back for a shower, only 30 MYR. A very handy facility I would certainly utilise in the future.

Room Tip: Choose a room with a view. Nicer than curtains over a wall. Ask the staff any questions, they are al...
2  Thank LouTassie
Reviewed February 28, 2013

I stayed here last week after a very long flight. It was perfect for the short time I was there and I had a great 4 hours sleep that was well needed. The room is basic and clean with nice clean bathroom and a nice shower, I could have fallen alseep in the shower I was so relaxed.
I will be using this each time I transit from now on as I was fresh and relaxed when I arrived home.

2  Thank carrie a
Reviewed February 24, 2013

I had a long transit of 12 hours and this hotel fit to my needs almost perfectly. Location of the hotel is very easy to find. I found out about this hotel from transit counter. I was informed to go to C5. I got a room with a very nice view of the airport. Before check in I was informed that their some renovations going and that it might be a bit noisy. I could hear the noise in my room but it was not that bad and it only lasted for couple of hours. So no complains.
Room was a bit small than I expected. Small TV with a very limited range of channels, but free Wifi. Bathroom was a bit cramped but clean. The main problem for me was that beds were a bit uncomfortable and small. I expected them to be more comfy. For meals you have to go to the restaurants in the terminal but that k as it is only a short walk.
All in all I recommend this hotel if you have a long transit and want to get some rest.

Room Tip: Ask for room with a view of the airport..
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank Sithirarr
Reviewed February 19, 2013

During my 10 hour transit in KL, I had a real room and was able to shower and rest without going through immigration.
The room was clean but bathrooms need renovation. Ask for a room with a view (you can see the planes).
Kettle provided, really appreciated. Comfy bed. Wouldnt hurt to have more TV channels.
Service is good but could be a little more friendly (not many smiles..) for tired passengers in transit.
Cost is reasonable (appr. 10 euros per hour)
I was very satisfied and stopped on my way back. Perfect for transits!

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a view (you can see the planes) instead of having a window opening on ..a wall...
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed February 6, 2013

Room was comfortable & had been recently refurbished. Even though it was a non-smoking room it smelled very strongly of smoke. We arrived early in the morning after an all night flight & had a late evening flight so were looking forward to some sleep. Unfortunately, we were right next door (or so it sounded!) to a room that was being renovated. When we called reception we were told the hammering would finish at about 6pm! They did offer ear plugs, which certainly helped & we did manage a few hours of decent sleep. The buffet restaurant allowed us to choose a lighter food option as we were hungry but didn't want a heavy meal before flying. Would have liked more traditional Malaysian dishes,however there was a good choice of food.

Room Tip: Check that you are away from the rooms that are under renovation.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank jan-n-lee
Also consider these accommodations in or near Sepang
0 mi away
#12 of 14 in Sepang
Hotel Time
Hotel Time
#5 of 10 in Nilai

Been to Sama-Sama Express KL International Airport? Share your experiences!