“Yummy Japanese Buffet”

Cuisines: Japanese
Dining options: Buffet, Reservations
Dining options: Buffet, Reservations
Reviewed March 10, 2014

We had our buffet lunch in Shogun@Solaris Mont Kiara as soon as we reach KL as I've bought their promo package. This place is huge and try as we want to, we are not able to sample every dishes. The choices is massive and amazing and there is everything for everyone, even picky eaters. Sushi is ok, but too bad no raw salmon, only raw oyster. Love sukiyaki, tempura, teppanyaki and other dishes too especially the curry salmon and lamb shank. My kids love the soups and deserts which has so many choices we are simply spoilt for choice......Will return if there are any more promotions.

1  Thank Christine Y

Reviewed February 24, 2014

We have visited the restaurant in 1-Utama previously and found it good. However, this time my children decided to try the one in Sunway Pyramid.
Firstly the plates were wet, dirty & oily.
The sashimi (salmon/tuna) was NOT FRESH at all. Only white tuna was served instead of the usual 'red' fish.
The takoyaki tasted like flour balls. Tempura was not crispy but soft & oily.
The drinks were watered down and do not taste like juice at all.
The sharkfin soup tasted of pickled green chilli & vinegar only.
The fried udon mee was very oily too.

4  Thank Rina298313
Reviewed November 27, 2013

As others said, stay away and it is bit expensive. My friends and I had Shogun few years ago (maybe 2007), but from the reviews it seems the restaurant did not improve ever since.

One of the worst experience we had was the awful taste of cheesy oyster.. just look at the other reviewers, even today the cheezy oyster is one of the worst! As a seafood lover, how can we even tolerate such disgusting cheezy oyster.

definitely not worth a visit, pay extra to visit Jogoya, or Tao. even their chain restaurant Saisaki is better than this but still not the best.

2  Thank chinsinvoon
Reviewed September 13, 2013

Possibly the wurst Japanese restaurant I ever been into. Tasteless sushi, dried out chicken which had to pass for yakitory. In the end I paid RM50,- for ice cream cause was the only thing nice. AVOID THIS PLACE I'd say.

Reviewed July 27, 2013

I just ask the chef whether is there any fresh oyster but the chef replied, conversatin as per below;
Me: excuse me, chef. Do you have any oyster without cheeze?
Chef: no, we dont have as we have a lot of complain by our guest about food poisoning.
Me: what?? All these oyster with cheeze is it fresh?
Chef: no and that is why we baked it with cheeze.
I really few surprise the way chef is answering me.. what a brilliant chef they had employed.

4  Thank unknown1992