“Pleasant hotel and stay”
Review of One World Hotel

One World Hotel
Ranked #3 of 45 Hotels in Petaling Jaya
Long Ditton, Surrey.
“Pleasant hotel and stay”
Reviewed August 16, 2010

I found the hotel to be good, clean, and courteous. The staff were very helpful and answered my questions promptly and correctly. The room was okay. There was an intermittent noise from the air-con, but I could live with it as I was so jet-lagged!

There was not much atmosphere in the bar area on the ground floor and the poor singers didn't have many people to perform too!

All in all the hotel suited my needs and I would stay there again. The spa was excellent.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled on business
oneflo, Public Relations Manager at One World Hotel, responded to this review, August 25, 2010
Dear Valued Guest

Thank you for sharing your feedback regarding your recent stay with us and rest assured, efforts will be made to improve in the areas you have highlighted.

Nevertheless, it was great to read that you have had a satisfying stay and enjoyed our facilities.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Assistant Director of Communications

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (177)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Singapore
Reviewed August 14, 2010

The only reason why I force myself to stay in One World Hotel at Petaling Jaya is because it is near to my Malaysian office.

It’s got to be the worst hotel I’ve stayed in so far.

The TV doesn’t work.

The toilet doesn’t flush well.

As a regular guest, they still have the gall to put me in rooms that are defective.

They’ve done that to me twice. A fantastic way to treat regular corporate guests huh?

Recently I’ve had to change rooms in the middle of the night because of loud noises coming from the aircon blower. Maintenance showed up but couldn’t fix it.

Two months back the same thing happened – had to change rooms in the middle of the night because of some loud mechanical noises from the floor above.

My advice to you is this: avoid this dump like the plague.

1 Thank chiamchao
oneflo, General Manager at One World Hotel, responded to this review, August 19, 2010
Dear Valued Guest

It is with utmost regret to learn of your unpleasant experience during your recent stay at our hotel. Nevertheless, we would like to reassure you that every possible effort has been made to ensure that similar incidents do not arise again. We have since taken the liberty to perform an inventory check of all 438 rooms on noise level emitting either form the air condition duct or exhaust fan which is located adjoining the hotel tower. Consultants have been sought to investigate on the issue raised and appropriate measures are currently in place to rectify the problem.

We seek your kind understanding on this matter. Once again, on behalf of the management and staff of One World Hotel, please accept our profound apologies for all the inconvenience caused.

In the meantime, please do not hesitate to contact us should you need further assistance.

Yours sincerely

Ho Hoy Sum
Penang Island, Malaysia
Reviewed August 10, 2010

This is my 6th stay. Before this, everything is great and goes well. I'm really satisfied with the service, the room, the staff.

But, until last week when I returned for a stay again with my mom and my 2 years toddler, this hotel has disappoint me. We arrived about 10pm after 5 hours journey to find out my reservation has been canceled without any phone call to confirm either I'm check in or not. The reason is "due to my late show up" although I've already select the "LATE CHECK IN" option using their reservation online system.

We have to wait for 45 minutes for their manager who don't even bother to come out and explain although we've request several time to see her. The frontdesk gave us free drinks at the Sphere Lounge while we're waiting but the loud noise and the lounge is full of smokers! Do they really think that I'll let my 2 years kid to stay in that environment for 45 minutes?

Overall, it is a nice stay except their service during the check in process. But I'll try to look for other options after this.

Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed July 22, 2010

We have recently returned from a trip to Malaysia for 10 nights, where we stayed at One World for the first 5 nights. We absolutely loved this hotel. The check in was really fast and the staff member ( Hazel I think) was so friendly and and helpful. She could see my little kids where really tired from a long flight and got us through the process and quickly to our lovely room.

The positives from our stay:
- lovely clean and spacious rooms
-adjoined to 1 Utama from both the ground and first floor.
-fantastic kids pool for little ones
-shuttle bus too and from Sunway Lagoon
-the most amazing breakfast buffet I have seen
-very friendly staff who provide wonderful service
-scales in room for keeping an eye of luggage weight

The negatives, and there is really only two:
-one of the few hotels I have stayed at that does not offer complimentary in-room internet
-the beds where so hard that I can't say I ever got a complete nights rest. They are so firm I kept waking up with a sore back. If you are a lover of a firm, hard bed, then this is the place for you.

We were overall more than happy with this hotel, and was our favorite of the two places we stayed in Malaysia.

Thankyou.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
oneflo, Public Relations Manager at One World Hotel, responded to this review, July 27, 2010
Dear McGirls

Greetings from one world hotel!

Thank you for taking time to review your recent stay with us. We are glad to know that you enjoyed the spaciousness of our rooms and facilities, not to mention shopping at 1 Utama which is only a door away.

However, I would like to apologize that you did not find our bed as comfortable as it should be. As for internet access, for guests who wish to check their emails, they are welcome to use this service at our business centre that offers a free 5-minute internet access for in-house guests.

We appreciate your kind feedback and we look forward to welcoming you and your family back to Malaysia and One World Hotel.

Kuala Lumpur
Reviewed June 20, 2010

I stayed for 1 night to attend a 2 dat meeting next door. It was a remarkable experience. There was a luxurious feeling everywhere. Efficient and lovely staff. The buffet was delicious. The fitness centre was well equipped. 1 - Utama is just next door, so outside dining and shopping is just a few steps away.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled on business
oneflo, Public Relations Manager at One World Hotel, responded to this review, July 1, 2010
Dear Valued Guest

Thank you for sharing your feedback regarding your recent stay at One World Hotel. We are delighted to know that you enjoyed your stay with us.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

New Delhi
Reviewed June 18, 2010

The hotel is ideal to stay at if you have work in PJ. My office building was connected to the hotel and they have a mall on the other side. Almost everything in the mall shuts down by 10 PM so getting a late night snack or morning breakfast is a challenge. Using one of the hotel restaurants/room service is the only option.

Now about the hotel - Well, the rooms are large, which is good and the air conditioning is excellent. The hotel lobby looks like a really busy market during rush hour as people use it as thoroughfare from the office buildings located on one side to the other side where the mall is located.

The service is not good in this hotel. They wrongly charged my colleague for international calls that he didnt make and despite telling them that we were corporate customers and would complain to our firms, they did not budge. Finally some person arrived calling himself the manager and made a big hue and cry about the whole thing before waiving off the charges. So the check out process was extremely unpleasant.

In future I would prefer staying in a hotel in KL and taking a taxi ride to my office in PJ but again, you can choose to stay there if the travel during rush hour is a big deal for you.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled on business
Dear Valued Guest

We are indeed sorry to know that certain aspects of our service did not meet your expectations during your recent stay with us. Our sincere apologies for the inconvenience experienced especially on the charges for international calls. Nevertheless, we are glad to know that our front desk staff was able to assist you on waiving the charges. We also appreciate your feedback regarding our guestrooms which indeed are spacious and comfortable.

Once again, our apologies for the inconvenience and we look forward to having you as our guest again.

London
Reviewed May 6, 2010

This is my tenth stay at One World. The rooms are very comfortable with good bathrooms and comfortable beds. The breakfast is outstanding. Staff are very helpful. I enjoy the pool and gym and direct access to the shopping centre. I had one problem on this trip - I needed to access the internet for 2 minutes but the minimum charge in the business centre is 23 ringit. I tried to negotiate with staff but they refused. In a similar situation in other hotels they have helped me out. I really think that 23 ringit is excessive just to log on and that in 2010 hotels should provide easy cheap internet access. This experience let me down and in future I will look elsewhere possibly the Royale Bintang at the Curve, which I've heard is good.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Tim R
oneflo, Public Relations Manager at One World Hotel, responded to this review, May 26, 2010
Dear TimRudd

Thank you for sharing your review on TripAdvisor.

On behalf of the hotel, I would like to thank you for your continuous support. We are delighted that you enjoyed the comfort of the bathroom and bed; as well as the breakfast spread, staff service and recreation facilities. It is always a pleasure to receive feedback from caring guests which are extremely valuable to us.

Nevertheless, it was with great disappointment that we read of the unpleasant experience you had with internet charges in the room. Please accept our sincere apologies for the inconvenience caused.

At One World Hotel, we always strive to adopt a pro-active response to guest feedback. Immediately upon receiving your comment, the hotel management has implemented a 5-minute complimentary usage of internet connectivity at our business centre; which we hope will be extremely helpful to guests like yourself who would like to connect to the internet for a short period of time.

With this new implementation, we sincerely hope that you would reconsider staying with us should your travels bring you back to Petaling Jaya.

In the meantime, we look forward to welcoming you back to One World Hotel.