“a real 5 star experience”
Review of One World Hotel

One World Hotel
Ranked #3 of 50 Hotels in Petaling Jaya
Reviewed June 20, 2010

I stayed for 1 night to attend a 2 dat meeting next door. It was a remarkable experience. There was a luxurious feeling everywhere. Efficient and lovely staff. The buffet was delicious. The fitness centre was well equipped. 1 - Utama is just next door, so outside dining and shopping is just a few steps away.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled on business
oneflo, Public Relations Manager at One World Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 1, 2010

Dear Valued Guest

Thank you for sharing your feedback regarding your recent stay at One World Hotel. We are delighted to know that you enjoyed your stay with us.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed June 18, 2010

The hotel is ideal to stay at if you have work in PJ. My office building was connected to the hotel and they have a mall on the other side. Almost everything in the mall shuts down by 10 PM so getting a late night snack or morning breakfast is a challenge. Using one of the hotel restaurants/room service is the only option.

Now about the hotel - Well, the rooms are large, which is good and the air conditioning is excellent. The hotel lobby looks like a really busy market during rush hour as people use it as thoroughfare from the office buildings located on one side to the other side where the mall is located.

The service is not good in this hotel. They wrongly charged my colleague for international calls that he didnt make and despite telling them that we were corporate customers and would complain to our firms, they did not budge. Finally some person arrived calling himself the manager and made a big hue and cry about the whole thing before waiving off the charges. So the check out process was extremely unpleasant.

In future I would prefer staying in a hotel in KL and taking a taxi ride to my office in PJ but again, you can choose to stay there if the travel during rush hour is a big deal for you.

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled on business

Dear Valued Guest

We are indeed sorry to know that certain aspects of our service did not meet your expectations during your recent stay with us. Our sincere apologies for the inconvenience experienced especially on the charges for international calls. Nevertheless, we are glad to know that our front desk staff was able to assist you on waiving the charges. We also appreciate your feedback regarding our guestrooms which indeed are spacious and comfortable.

Once again, our apologies for the inconvenience and we look forward to having you as our guest again.

Reviewed May 6, 2010

This is my tenth stay at One World. The rooms are very comfortable with good bathrooms and comfortable beds. The breakfast is outstanding. Staff are very helpful. I enjoy the pool and gym and direct access to the shopping centre. I had one problem on this trip - I needed to access the internet for 2 minutes but the minimum charge in the business centre is 23 ringit. I tried to negotiate with staff but they refused. In a similar situation in other hotels they have helped me out. I really think that 23 ringit is excessive just to log on and that in 2010 hotels should provide easy cheap internet access. This experience let me down and in future I will look elsewhere possibly the Royale Bintang at the Curve, which I've heard is good.

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Tim R
oneflo, Public Relations Manager at One World Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 26, 2010

Dear TimRudd

Thank you for sharing your review on TripAdvisor.

On behalf of the hotel, I would like to thank you for your continuous support. We are delighted that you enjoyed the comfort of the bathroom and bed; as well as the breakfast spread, staff service and recreation facilities. It is always a pleasure to receive feedback from caring guests which are extremely valuable to us.

Nevertheless, it was with great disappointment that we read of the unpleasant experience you had with internet charges in the room. Please accept our sincere apologies for the inconvenience caused.

At One World Hotel, we always strive to adopt a pro-active response to guest feedback. Immediately upon receiving your comment, the hotel management has implemented a 5-minute complimentary usage of internet connectivity at our business centre; which we hope will be extremely helpful to guests like yourself who would like to connect to the internet for a short period of time.

With this new implementation, we sincerely hope that you would reconsider staying with us should your travels bring you back to Petaling Jaya.

In the meantime, we look forward to welcoming you back to One World Hotel.

Reviewed April 2, 2010

I stayed for a night while on a business trip to PJ.
This is an excellent hotel - clean, confortable and not overly luxurious that you feel uneasy. The room was nice, cosy and love the LCD TV. Staff was attentive and friendly. From the moment we arrived, there was someone eager to help every corner you turn. The hotel is adjacent to One U and that is a huge PLUS for a shopaholic like me. Breakfast was great with huge variety.

One small complain is the complimentary fruits - the apples were dried up and wrinkled , looked like they were left there for days, and definitely not something that looked edible. The hotel should consider putting them in the mini fridge in a container (reusable, of course). to maintain the freshness of he fruit.

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled on business
oneflo, Assistant Director of Communications at One World Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 22, 2010

Dear Valued Guest

Greetings from One World Hotel!

Thank you for sharing your review on TripAdvisor. We are delighted to know that you have had a satisfying stay with us. However, on behalf of the hotel, I would like to apologise for the freshness of the complimentary fruit platter.

We sincerely hope that the above incident did not mar your image of One World Hotel. We look forward to having you as our guest once again.

Reviewed February 26, 2010

I have stayed in another five star hotel in Petaling Jaya but One World is so far the best hotel I have stayed in this srea. The room was spacious and had all the amenities that I needed. The room even had an flat interactive TV. Internet was fast but was not free.

To compensate for it being a bit far from the airport and also downtown KL, there is a nearby mall Utama which is just beside the hotel.

If u are on business near this area, this is the best hotel so far.

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled on business
oneflo, Assistant Director of Communications at One World Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 10, 2010

Dear Bettylopez10

Greetings from one world hotel!

Thank you for sharing your review on TripAdvisor. We are delighted to know that you enjoyed your stay with us and shopping at 1 Utama.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon!

Reviewed February 26, 2010

Good service, very clean rooms and attentive staff. It is conveniently situated next to a large shopping mall so you can pop over to the mall for meals, shopping and cinemas.

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled as a couple

Dear NaniLondon

Greetings from one world hotel!

Thank you for sharing your review on TripAdvisor. We are delighted to know that you enjoyed your stay with us. Do visit our hotel website for promotions which offer value for money packages if you next visit Petaling Jaya. You may just find the package and rate which suits your budget.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon!

Reviewed February 24, 2010

I reserved a room at this hotel because it was close to the condo where my son and daughter-in-law live. Although I reserved this room on Nov. 9th, it was clear that a room was not set aside for me when I arrived. The front desk clerk asked if I would accept a room in a smoking hallway, and I said "no". Then she tried to get me to accept a junior suite for more money. (I was exhausted after traveling for 22 hours.) Finally I was given a room, but also told that breakfast would cost 35 RM ($10+ USD) and I'd also have to pay for the internet. This is not common for any 4 or 5-star hotels in KL. When I went to the room the furniture was banged up, the air con slow, and the bedding uncomfortable. The bathroom faucet swayed like it was about to come off. When I asked for a regular blanket and top sheet, no one arrived. I called after 20 minutes and a man showed up with only a blanket. Ten minutes later he returned with a sheet. After 5 hours I asked my son to pick me up, and I decamped to the Royal Bintang, which I HIGHLY recommend for this area. And to top it off, the One World so far has refused to refund a penny of my 12-day reservation.

Lorie
Seattle, WA

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled solo
1  Thank asiarelated

Dear Valued Guest

Thank you very much for your feedback regarding your room reservations with us. We were most concerned to learn of the incident you mentioned with regards to the room condition and refund.

Please accept our sincere apologies for the inconvenience caused. Rest assured a thorough investigation on the matter will be made. Please give us some time to sort out the issues and we will contact you personally to resolve the matter.