1,318 results
All reviewsone utamajunior suitecinnamon coffeeshopping mallbiggest mallbandar utamabusiness tripbreakfast buffetkids poolkuala lumpurfive star hotelfree shuttlechinese restaurantclub floorrain showerchecking indirect access
Reviewed January 31, 2010

Staying here for 2 nights (29th January -31st January). Some problem when checking in as their system only showing my booking is for one night. Even though i have my hotel voucher printed out to prove it. The person who was in-charged said that she would get in touch with the agency regarding my booking. the 2nd night my internet account has been dis-activated due to the previous matter....as they said according to their system I was supposed to check out on 30th January. On the phone they said they will come to my room to collect another copy of my hotel voucher. Problem solved finally. Then after few phone call to the operator and receptionist, my internet only got reactivated. For an Executive Deluxe Room, the room looked average to me compare to other hotel. I was particularly satisfied with the gym. Breakfast at Cinnamon Cafe on the 1st day was better than the 2nd day. Zuan Yuan Chinese Restaurant's Halal Dim Sum is okay.

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled with family
oneflo, Assistant Director of Communications at One World Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 2, 2010

Dear maydaymusic

Greetings from one world hotel!

Thank you very much for your feedback regarding your recent stay with us. Please accept our sincere apologies for the inconvenience caused during check-in and internet connection.
Rest assured our Front Office Manager and team will make every effort to resolve such service deficiencies at the Front Desk so that similar incidents do not arise again in the future.

We hope that the above incidents did not mar your image of the hotel and we look forward to a renewed opportunity to welcoming you back to One World Hotel.

Reviewed January 26, 2010

The best place to stay for shopping with 1 Utama shopping mall connected just next door - no need to step outside!
Stayed in a deluxe twin, very spacious, good quality hotel products (soap, shampoo)
New, clean, Good size TV
Gym close at 10pm, would prefer 24hrs but oh well
Always lock your door even when you're in the room! A guy in blue jumpsuit holding a box (like a set top box lookalike thing) opened our room door without knocking claiming to be technician to fix tv but we only just arrived at the hotel (11:30pm) and he looked very dodgy. On top of that, our tv was a flat screen with built in tuner...

• Stayed: January 2010

Dear Valued Guest

Greetings from one world hotel!

Thank you for taking time to review your recent stay with us. We have taken note of the incident with regards to the Maintenance Staff (in blue jumpsuit). Please accept our sincere apologies for the inconvenience experienced.

Nevertheless, we are glad to know that you enjoyed shopping at 1 Utama Shopping Centre and the spaciousness of the guestroom.

We look forward to welcoming you back to One World Hotel.

Reviewed January 19, 2010

If need to stay in or around Petaling Jaya, as I did for business meetings, this is an excellent choice. Reasonable prices. Junior suite was a very good size which allows 2 hours free access to conference room facilities and also the breakfast on the executive floor. Would not go out of the way to access the breakfast, however, as it was fairly average fare (split between Asian and American-type offerings). I found service to be excellent.

The mall (1 Utama) has plenty of shopping and food offerings, although note very few serve beer!

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled on business
oneflo, Assistant Director of Communications at One World Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 21, 2010

Dear dwtn

Greetings from one world hotel!

Thank you for sharing your review on TripAdvisor. We are delighted to know that you enjoyed your stay with us.

Reviewed January 19, 2010

Stayed for 3 nights during new year's eve period with my 2 kids 3 and below and my parents. It's my 2nd stay and this time my pre-engagement experience with the hotel prior to my booking was much much better. The staff was very friendly and helpful to my queries compared to my previous encounter with them a year ago. Qudos to Florence!

However, serivce was not always consistent. Although my booking had very specific requests, the email reservation response did not inform me that not all my requests could not be given. In fact, they seemed to have assigned me to room bookings that defeated my choice of hotel (I had chosen to stay here for to watch the NYE fireworks). Fortunately, learning from my last year's experience, I did a round of check while they were busy processing my reservation and found out that the rooms they assigned me had no fireworks view. There was a tense period after that as they refused to provide me with other rooms claiming they had already been booked by other customers. Fortunately, we managed to get one of 2 rooms with the fireworks view and we were happy that they were directly opposite each other.

Breakfast as usual was excellent, wide array to suit all palates, including Indian food & we didn't feel bored even though we ate there for all 3 days. I especialy like their noodles station which cooks upon request only. We also took their shuttle to KLCC which I think not many knew since it was empty with only my family on both legs of the journey. We also visited their pool which was good but very cold. The kids pool had a slide that was enjoyed by older kids.

The convenience of the shopping mall next to the hotel was greatly appealing with 2 young kids in tow. I'd recommend dining at the mall, great food (i-dragon, i-canton, Sushi Zanmai) Rooms were excellent as usual. We took Deluxe rooms but were told that there's absolutely no difference with the Superior rooms except that superior were on lower floors.

World of caution for those who drive: We had some difficulty trying to get to the hotel though this is our 2nd visit. The hotel had no written directions except a very broad map and as it is just off the highway, the challenge was ensuring you are on the right highway given that there are at least 3 highways around the area. We were especially lost and spent at least an hour (given evening peak traffic jam) as this round we relied totally on GPS and forgot to bring along the good old printed map. [[One World, if you wish to appeal to drive visitors not familiar with PJ, please provide a written direction on how to get there.]]

• Stayed: December 2009, traveled with family
1  Thank pearlie

Dear Pearlie

Greetings from one world hotel!

Thank you for sharing your review on TripAdvisor. On behalf of the hotel, I would like to thank you for giving us the opportunity to be of service to you again. We have taken note of your feedback with regards to the hotel map; and we are delighted to know that you enjoyed shopping at 1 Utama Shopping Centre that is adjoined to the hotel.

Please do not hesitate to get me in touch should you need assistance in the near future.

Reviewed January 5, 2010

A good hotel with the added value of a great shopping mall attached to the hotel (One Utama). It is not that easy to get into the center of the city, only by taxi. The swimming pool is small and not that great, it has seen better days.

• Stayed: December 2009, traveled as a couple

Dear Valued Guest

Greetings from one world hotel!

Thank you for sharing your review on TripAdvisor. 1 Utama Shopping Centre that is adjoined to the hotel is indeed a great place to be. Apart from taxis that are easily available, the hotel does provide shuttle service for guests who would like to visit Kuala Lumpur city centre. We hope that you will make use of this complimentary service from the hotel when you next stay with us.