“Excellent Hotel for Shopping” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of One World Hotel

One World Hotel
Ranked #4 of 45 Hotels in Petaling Jaya
Kuching, Malaysia
“Excellent Hotel for Shopping”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 13, 2014

We stayed in this hotel to attend a Malaysia Book of Records Award Ceremony organized in the same hotel. The function hall is large and impressive. The hotel is attached to 1 Utama shopping mall, which is large, serving more than our need. We recommend highly to those who consider this hotel.

• Stayed April 2014
1 Thank FEEDBACKS2014
OneWorldHotelPJ, Public Relations Manager at One World Hotel, responded to this review, May 19, 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your kind comments and recommending the hotel in Tripadvisor. We are delighted to note that we were able to meet your expectations during your stay. Should you return for another visit, please do let us know and we will be very happy to accommodate. Till then, take care!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (167)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Barcelona, Spain
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 13, 2014 via mobile

I had the chance to stay three nights at this hotel in a business trip. The hotel room is very nice and comfortable. The breakfast is awesome, specially the selection of fresh fruit juices and homemade yougurt with marmelade. Both the yougurt and the juices are delicious.
The swimingpool is great and big enough for the ones who love swimming as i do.
I had some problems when checking in due to a double booking. I was afraid this would make me have to pay extra cancellation charges when checking out ? however, I was very lucky Ms. Pamela (responsible/supervisor) was there to solve the issue in a very friendly and efficient way. All the service was very friendly and efficient too

Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you very much for the wonderful review provided. We are glad that you had a pleasant stay with us. We appreciate your kind comments on our service and will be sure to commend our chefs and Pamela on how they have made a significant impact on your hotel experience with us. We look forward to welcoming you back soon!
Petaling Jaya, Malaysia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 12, 2014

The staff, rooms, food, service were all great and I'm pretty sure the hotel makes a good impression with foreigners but they really need to upgrade their parking levels and improve how it looks like down there.

I had the 'pleasure' of exploring the basement levels 1, 2 & 3 while searching for a parking at this hotel on a Friday as I had a meeting with old buddies staying at the hotel. Honestly, it got creepier towards B3. Ramps in the parking levels are amazingly narrow - you can see evidence of accidents with the walls and parking meters very clearly on every level. Lighting is poor in some areas and the walls were moldy/unpainted, and there was an area with water puddles and moldy floor quite close to level B3 elevator entrance. Really hope some sort of upgrade can be done here. The hotel is so well-known in PJ and they've some really amazing restaurants too.

• Stayed April 2014
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write us this review. It’s splendid to know that overall you find that our room, service and food to your liking. Your concerns regarding the parking levels has been addressed to the respective teams for improvements to be made. Thank you for highlighting this matter to our attention. We hope to have another opportunity to serve you again soon!
Coventry
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 6, 2014

I stayed 10 nights here for work in April/May 2014 and thought it was a really nice hotel.
The pool is a good size, was never busy when I visited it.
The spa looked really nice but I didn't use it so cant comment on the quality of the treatments
The bar in reception was a great place to have drinks with friends or colleagues with some nice accompanying jazz music (a little bit pricey for Malaysia but nothing out of the ordinary compared with similar quality hotels and a lot cheaper than somewhere like London would be!)
My room was a standard smoking room on the third floor, views were OK, I image the higher floors have great views. Room service was really fast and efficient, the room was cleaned daily.
Only issue I had was cockroaches, I had two in my bathroom, each time I called reception and they sent someone immediately who removed it and they offered to move me to another room both times which I declined as it seemed like too much trouble, I could imagine that its not uncommon in such a climate to have the occasional cockroach, I was impressed by how the staff handled it and they were very apologetic giving me a letter and plate of chocolates to say sorry.
I would definitely stay again.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
      Sleep Quality
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
OneWorldHotelPJ, Public Relations Manager at One World Hotel, responded to this review, May 7, 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you very much for writing us such a detailed review. We are glad that overall, you enjoyed your stay and the service provided by our team. Your feedback is vital to us to ensure that we can continually improve. With regards to the issues highlighted, please be assured that we have taken remedial action.Thank you for staying with us and we look forward with pleasure to welcoming you back soon!
Ipoh, Malaysia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 6, 2014

My 2 days first time stay was indeed a very pleasant and memorable one. The staff are very welcoming and humble. I was checked-in very expeditiously and promptly. The wait time was shot. I walked into a already prepared room, well lit, aromatic and a very clean room. It was an Executive Deluxe Room.The location is very convenient though there is traffic lead out to Petaling Jaya or to Kuala Lumpur, which I beleve is acceptable being part of the metropolitan life style.
My wife had a very pleasant time shopping at the adjoining shopping mall and eateries whilst I was busy at work at the adjoining business centre. The food at the cafe was abundant and had a lot of variety to favour from. Most surprising was that we had freshly squeezed orange juice. There were also also freshly squeezed juice.
My wife and I will most definitely return to One World Hotel on a strictly holiday trip, to rest, relax, enjoy the visits to the shopping mall and its sights. OVERALL THE ONE WORLD HOTEL IS A MUST STAY AND A MEMORABLE ONE TOO.

Please book early to avoid any disappointments.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
      Sleep Quality
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your gracious comments about your recent stay with us. We are delighted to note that you and your wife enjoyed your time with us and plan to return again. It had been our pleasure to have welcomed you and assisted in making your stay a memorable one. Should you require assistance in arranging another stay, please do reach out to us and we will be happy to accommodate. Until then, take care and have a nice day.
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 5, 2014

Service terrible. Rooms are very poor quality (Mini bar empty, TV not working, phone not working, faulty plumbing etc). F&B very disappointing. Watch out for unauthorised use of your credit card when checking in.

• Stayed May 2014
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Compradore123
OneWorldHotelPJ, Public Relations Manager at One World Hotel, responded to this review, May 8, 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

Please accept our apologies for the inconvenience that you encountered during your stay with us. We appreciate your effort in providing us with your feedback and please do allow us to reach out to you to personally apologize. We hope to have the opportunity to serve you again. Thank you.
Perak
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 1, 2014 via mobile

Stay for one night..with my husband..Actually I have reqst for a slice of cake for my husband to clbrate birthday.When check in i ask about the cake with the guy attend me.I dont know the name .Like a mix He looks like not cnfdent about that..have to double check.Firstly I felt dispointd but after enter my room.I got a call from rception the guy who check in me tell me there were arrangement for cake for my husband..within 15minute .I got already the cake.Same guy call my room to reconfirm whether i get or not that cake and also wish me enjoy the cake.The next day he also asking me about the cake when I go to rcption rqst late checkout.Really impressive me..A good manner,professional recption,great breakfast and also lovely hotel. satisfied with service.I would come back to this hotel if I been in kl.

Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Stiflovely
Dear Valued Guest,

It has been great to welcome you and your partner and made your stay a memorable one. We will be sure to share your feedback with the team and thank them for a work well done. We are just an email or phone call away if you require assistance in making arrangements for your next stay. See you soon!