“Except "that guy" everything fine”
Review of One World Hotel

One World Hotel
Ranked #3 of 45 Hotels in Petaling Jaya
Belgium
“Except "that guy" everything fine”
Reviewed February 27, 2014

After many business trpis to PJ I decided to try a new hotel, this one. Unfortunately the start was quite disastrous:

- I had specifically mentioned in my reservation that I wanted "high floor" & "quiet room", well I got a room on the 7th floor (out of 35), facing the main road and with the loud elevator next to my room. I went down to complain to the (very unskilled and quite unefficient) person that had put me there, and told me that "my fee" didn't allow a higher floor (sounds like nonsense to me, but anyway), after complaining again, eventually got a room on the 5th floor (if I keep complaining I may have got the basement) but at least far from the elevator. Fortunately the isolation on the windows was quite decent, so even facing the street the level of noise was ok.

- The same guy gave me the wrong code to access the internet, and told me wrongly that the gym opened at 7:00 when it was opened at 6:00

Anyway, the secret for the rest of the stay was ... to avoid that guy.

And now the good news, the room was very nice. The breakfast absolutely fantastic, and the dinner on the same restaurant was amazing. Only problem is that it was COLD (and I come from Northern Europe), it would have been great putting the airco a few degrees higher.

And the gym, that I used everyday, really good. The treadmills are top quality and in order to let time pass you could either look at the traffic jams on the street ahead of you or to the built-in TV on the treadmills.

Really a stay to repeat ... specially now that I know whom NOT to talk at the reception desk ;-)

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
OneWorldHotelPJ, Public Relations Manager at One World Hotel, responded to this review, March 6, 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for the review that you had provided for us. We apologise for the inconvenience that you had faced during your stay. We appreciate the feedback you have provided to us to help further improve our services better and we will continue to improve to help serve our future guests better. Take care and have a great day ahead.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (178)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Bangkok, Thailand
Reviewed February 26, 2014

Stayed 2 nights lately and had indeed stayed here before about a year ago. The following had amazed and impressed me:
a. Check in process - polite, quick and professional
b. Hotel ambient and room cleanliness - consider top class in Malaysia
c. Complimentary car park

This hotel is connected directly with the famous One Utama Shopping Mall so it provides quick accessibility to food, shopping and services with ease.

Perhaps the only point which i hope can be improved will be the tastiness of the buffet breakfast, food are ok but not extremely good.

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for choosing one world hotel. We are glad to know that overall you enjoyed your stay with us. We look forward to have you back with us soon for another memorable stay! If you require any asistance we are just an email or phone call away . Have a nice day.
Norwich, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 25, 2014

When arriving at KL airport do not make the mistake many people make and head for the limo taxis, unless you don't mind paying the extra. Head for the city taxis, obtain a ticket for 2 Ringgits and head outside to the taxi rank. Ensure the taxi is metered, it usually starts at 6 ringgits. All taxi drivers know the One World Hotel which is all you have to say. The journey takes between 40 minutes and 1 hour dependant on traffic which can be very bad in Petaling Jaya during commuter times. We were charged 120 Ringgits (£24) including toll fees.

On arrival at the hotel, a chap will help you with your bag and another one will open the door. The reception staff are all very friendly and speak very good English, as do most people in Malaysia. The lift requires the key card to be inserted to get to the higher floors which is an added security measure. I was told there is a lot of crime in the Kuala Lumpur area, but did not see any sign of it during my stay.

My room was on the 18th floor and I was surprised at the amount of space considering it was standard. The bed was huge as were some of the pillows. A well appointed bathroom had a great shower with dual shower heads and a toilet that also functioned as a bidet. Light sleepers may find the air conditioning noisy, but it did not bother me and is a definite requirement for a comfortable temperature. Cleanliness was second to none and the free WIFI was of great benefit.

We tried the Chinese restaurant on the first night which has lots of choice, including shark fin soup, which I was not happy to see. Needless to say I did not have that. There are glass windows to the kitchen so you can see the chefs prepare your meal which took quite some time. A Chinese in the UK will normally have a complete meal cooked in 10 minutes. We had to wait over 40 minutes. The food was very tasty when it arrived, but not as good as we had expected. We agreed we would not dine there again, but would choose one of the many other eating places available in the hotel and adjoining shopping mall.

Breakfast the next morning was superb. Every taste is catered for and we were spoilt for choice. The only things missing were traditional Scots style porridge and an English fry up. I made good use of the waffle/pancake bar where they are cooked to order. The coffee is pretty rough, but the tea is ok, just. We were served freshly cooked croissants on the first day which were delicious, but oddly enough we were not served them on any other days.

We tried the Cinnamon restaurant on the second night and are glad we did. The fixed price buffet has to be seen to be believed. There is Chinese (which was better then the previous night), Japanese, Italian, English, Indian, traditional Malaysian, copious amounts of seafood and a huge variety of desserts including a massive chocolate fountain. We were suitably impressed and decided to come back the following night and try some of the other dishes.

The One World Hotel is approximately 30 minutes from KL city centre, but this journey can take 45 minutes during peak times. I paid 40 Ringgits (£8) and could not get a taxi to come to the hotel as they do not like going into the centre during rush hour. I eventually managed to jump in one that had dropped some other people off.

I did try to use the swimming pool on a couple of occasions, but unbelievably it was raining heavily each time. This was after a month of no rain in Malaysia and leaving 3 months of continuous rain in the UK.

We were recommended this hotel by the company we were working with and I can see why they choose it. If we come back to this part of the world I would be happy to stay here again and my colleague felt the same. If they could improve on the coffee at breakfast time and take shark fin soup off the menu it would get a five star rating.

Room Tip: Get one facing away from the IBM building for a better view.
1 Thank damasinnas
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking a moment to share your experience with us. We are delighted to note that you find our bedroom and in house amenities to your liking. Your comments are noted and we will be sure to forward them to the respective teams to see what can be improved from there. Thank for choosing to stay with us. We look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future.
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed February 24, 2014

We travelled in a group of 3 and was pleased that the room is spacious and the service is good. When we asked for an additional towel twice, the hotel staff responded very quickly for these 2 requests. In addition, the hotel is well maintained and is cleaned. It is linked to the 1-Utama shopping mall that we cut down a lot of travelling time. It is also within 1 minute walk to the First Coach station that it makes an ideal choice for those who is looking for shopping within Petaling Jaya. The breakfast spread is very good. Just a feedback that we have to ask to replenish coffee/tea during breakfast time which I thought the staff should do their rounds of check. We will visit this hotel again.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
OneWorldHotelPJ, Public Relations Manager at One World Hotel, responded to this review, February 24, 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking some time to share your experience on your recent stay with us. We are happy to note your positive comments on the excellent service you received. We look forward to the pleasure of your return for another enjoyable stay. Have a nice day.
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 23, 2014

The junior suite was spacious and located at quiet ends of the hotel. Bed is a comfy king-size, walk-in shower with adjoining bath tub, and two large LED tv screens. Free wifi. Breakfast at the concourse Cinnamon was good, although the range of dim sum is woefully disappointing. Service was a little lackluster with little attention to the clearing of plates and filling up of coffee. Sweets was a good spread. Check-in /out was a little slow with no special express lane. Reception staff were courteous however. The attached big mall is a bonus. This also means the hotel lobby is constantly full of people passing through from the carpark to the mall, giving the impression of unrestricted access and poor management.

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking your time to provide us this review. We learnt much from your stay and glad to be able to identify areas which we could improve on. Your feedback is valueable to us and we are currently working to rectify on the matters mentioned. We hope to impress you when you next return to us. Please do let us know if you require any assistance with future reservations and we will be very happy to accommodate and welcome you back again.
Penang Island, Malaysia
Reviewed February 23, 2014

I travelled wih my husband with 2 young kids, stayed at the executive deluxe room. Overall we are happy with the stay:-
Room - Size not very big, the bathroom are not very big too. The room design is average. Good things are, the bathroom come with a bathtub, seperate toilet and shower room. We requested a room with twin bed, there are 2 queen size beds in the room. Guest room is well equipped like a real 5 stars hotel: mini bar, tea & coffee, drinking water, toiletries like sewing kit, toothbrush set, comb, moouth wash & etc. In-room safe, TV, iron + rion board, mini fridge, bath robe, slippers are available.

In-room wifi- Hi speed wifi. One password is provided for each room, but there is no problem for more than 1 device to access the wifi by using same password.

Dining- Breakfast started from 6:30am to 10:30am. You have to pay for RM38++ if your room doesn;t include breakfast. Great variety of choice. We also tried their weekday buffet dinner at their coffee house, also provide great variety of food such as fresh oyster, sashimi, Malaysian food, international food & etc. The price is RM95++ per head.

Facilities- They have gym, spa and swimming pools. There is an outdoor kids swimming pool with a water slide. Kids are happy with that. No kid's club in the hotel.

Location- Can't be better. There is a huge shopping mall (i Utama) is just next door, under the same roof. You can easily spend hours in the shopping mall as there are many restaurants, shops, groceries, ciniplex in there. The hotel is also near to another popular shopping mall- Ikano Power Center where the famouse theme park Kidzania and IKEA are located. Not far from the hotel, maybe 3 km. Heard that the hotel do provide free shuttle to this place.

I'll be happy to stay there again if I visit to KL in future.

Room Tip: Higher floor facing to the pool
1 Thank datin_tan
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your detailed review. We are glad that you had a memorable stay with us and enjoyed our breakfast spread, facilities as well as the convenience of the shopping mall next to our hotel, One Utama. Should you decide to return for another stay, please do reach out to us. Till then, take care.
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed February 22, 2014

My family of 5 stayed at One World during February 2014 and had a very enjoyable stay. The staff was friendly and helpful. My 3 little girls got lots of attention.
We had a Junior suite and a connecting deluxe twin room. Both rooms were very spacious and comfortable for my kids to move about. The living area in the suite was more than adequate. Both rooms were clean and well kept.
The facilities were excellent, the kids loved the kids pool with the slide. The gym was well equipped. At breakfast, the kids and I went up to the Peridot room. There was a good selection of food, all beautifully presented. The breakfast on offer in the Peridot room was a small selection of what was on offer downstairs in the Cinnamon café. Even so, we preferred the Peridot room as it was quiet and very comfortable. The Cinnamon café had a HUGE selection of food.
The Utama shopping centre was connected to the hotel so we rarely left the building to go outside other than for swimming and visiting Kidzania. This enabled us to escape the heat and humidity.
Staying at One World Hotel was an excellent experience.

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your wonderful review. We were delighted to read that you and your family had a great experience with us. It had been our pleasure to have welcomed you and assisted in making your stay memorable. Thank you for choosing one world hotel as your preferred destination. Have a nice day!