“Excellent location & buffet spread”
Review of One World Hotel

One World Hotel
Ranked #5 of 50 Hotels in Petaling Jaya
Reviewed December 5, 2013

I stayed here with my partner as part of my birthday celebration trip and found it a very good place to stay in.

What I liked:

It was right next to 1Utama shopping mall, which is HUGE. To give you an idea of how huge the mall is, they have two Starbucks outlets. TWO. You can find international clothes chains like H&M, Topshop, Dorothy Perkins and the usual here. But they also do have the local shops as well.

I went to the hotel spa, Sanctuary@one, and it was AMAZING. Spa facilities were clean and their staff were very friendly and hospitable. I was actually the last patron and my session ended way past their closing time, but my masseuse Nana did not complain once and still gave me a professional and wonderful experience.

The buffet spread was mind blowing! I've been to a couple of hotel breakfast buffets, but have not seen a spread of this much variety! Besides the usual eggs, mains and pastries sections, they also have a Japanese section (which had my favourite Chawanmushi!), Indian section, Chinese noodles section and a fruit juice section. My only regret was that I didn't have four stomachs! Special mention goes to Ee Ling (if I remember correctly) at the Teh Tarik station. She was always so chirpy and polite even though it was so early in the morning.

What I didn't like:

I made a note on my reservation that I was checking in on my birthday and if the hotel could do something special, but unfortunately they did not. It was partly my fault though, as I had conveyed the message through the booking website Agoda, when I should have emailed the hotel directly. So I'm not sure if it was a lapse on Agoda's part or the hotel's.

The toilet amenities were really the basic - shampoo, conditioner, body wash, body lotion, shower cap, cotton buds and sanitary bag. I was surprised that they did not provide toothbrush and toothpaste and also a razor as most higher-end hotels I've stayed in would do so.

But all in all, those are just minor hiccups and I would definitely recommend this hotel as a good place to stay if you're looking to unwind in a city and do some big-time shopping.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
OneWorldHotelPJ, Public Relations Manager at One World Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded December 13, 2013

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for the 5 star rating. We are delighted that you enjoyed our breakfast spread at Cinnamon Coffee House and managed to have an amazing spa session at sanctuary@one. One Utama shopping mall is indeed one of our biggest draw we are glad you had a great time shopping there.

Please accept our apologies for missing your birthday. As for the feedback regarding our amenities, we would like to share that toothbrush, toothpaste and razor is available upon request.

Thank you once again for the elaborate review that you have written for us. Your kind words to Ms. Nana and Ms. Ee Ling for their contribution in making your stay here a memorable one will be conveyed to them. We hope to see you again soon!

Write a ReviewReviews (1,217)

Reviewed November 25, 2013

This hotel is really good. Location is not at very center of the city, but this is also interesting to avoid traffic jam. The best point of the hotel is the breakfast, there is a lot of options and everything is delicious!

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Bruno M
OneWorldHotelPJ, Public Relations Manager at One World Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded December 4, 2013

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your review. It was a great pleasure to have you stay with us. We are glad you enjoy our breakfast buffet spread. Cinnamon Coffee House is one of the main stars in our hotel and well known for its variety and delicious food. Should you return for another stay, please do not hesitate to reach out to us for assistance. Have a nice day!

Reviewed November 23, 2013

Two nights on business trip to KL. Good location as all my appointments were outside the city centre. Comfortable room, good service, free wifi and very convenient for the shopping centre next door. Overall, very good value for money.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
OneWorldHotelPJ, Public Relations Manager at One World Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 25, 2013

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for choosing us as your preferred destination. We are really glad to have been able to make your stay with us memorable. Thank you again for the amazing review and should you return for another stay we will be happy to welcome you back. Have a nice day!

Reviewed November 22, 2013 via mobile

My company usually holds our meeting there. The hotel room is fine. The bathroom is big with separate shower and bathtub.

Buffet within the hotel is very good irregardless of breakfast or lunch. Good spread and delicious.

Function room are usually extremely cold. We have to tell them to turn the temperature up.

There was once that I was sick, saw the doctor in the vicinity of the hotel. Very thoughtful too.

Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your continuous support and the and detailed review you had written for us. We always feel truly blessed when we get great reviews from our guests. It has been such a great honour to have welcomed and made your stay with us a memorable one. We hope that you’ll return again soon. Have a great day.

Reviewed November 19, 2013

This is probably the hotel you will be picking if you are staying at Petaling Jaya.

Getting a cab from this hotel is a superb pain during rush hour! Try calling a cab from your cell. I ended up getting a cab within 15 minutes by calling the cab hotline while I waited for more than 30 minutes while the hotel tried to arrange a cab for me!

There are some positives about the hotel. The hotel is located right next to 1Utama mall which is a massive shopping center and it houses most of the major brands! A great place to spend time in the evening if you want to avoid going to the city. If you are a shopper, then this is paradise for you.

The rooms are spacious with all the amenities that a business traveler requires. What struck me the most is the elaborate and massive array of offerings at the breakfast buffet! Their breakfast offers all major cuisines!

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a view overlooking the main road. The view is beautiful.
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Amit B

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking a moment to provide us with your feedback. We are glad that you found our bedroom and in house amenities to your liking. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed our breakfast spread at Cinnamon Coffee House as well as shopping in One Utama. This shopping mall is indeed one of the best malls in town to shop. We have taken note of the remarks regarding your difficulty in getting a taxi. We apologize for the inconvinience caused. Our team will look into this matter immediately. Again, thank you for your kind words and we hope that you will return for another stay soon.

Reviewed November 16, 2013 via mobile

Great hotel with just a walk to 1Utama shopping complex.

All the standard amnities inside the room complete enough to make your stay a nice memory.

May be just my luck, got a malfunction room key card causing me not able to enter the room. Because of a very helpfull staff, the problem considered no affect for my review..hehehe

Stayed: November 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Miezarnd
OneWorldHotelPJ, Public Relations Manager at One World Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 18, 2013

Dear Valued Guest,

We would like to extend our warmest thank you for your kind review on your experience during your recent stay with us at One World Hotel. We are glad that your stay with us was pleasant and we are looking forward to serve you again in the near future. Have a nice day!

Reviewed November 16, 2013

This is a super option for those who expect to spend most of their time outside of the city centre. Comfortable rooms, decent variety at breakfast and direct access to one of the better regarded shopping malls in the city are the highlight. Service standards were high, as to be expected in most 5-star hotels in the city. Price-wise, it's no secret that hotels in Malaysia are amongst the cheapest in the region, so it was well worth the cost - relative to similarly graded hotels in the city, it's fair.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Imran A

Dear Valued Guest,

We would like to thank you for choosing One World Hotel as the choice of stay during your holiday recently. We are glad to read that you enjoyed your stay and we lived up to our usual high standards in providing comfortable rooms, good breakfast and excellent service.Thank you again for your recommendation to all TripAdvisor members and we hope to see you again during your next travel to Kuala Lumpur.