“Good location and hardware but need a lot of staff training”
Review of One World Hotel

One World Hotel
Ranked #3 of 49 Hotels in Petaling Jaya
Reviewed September 23, 2013

這家飯店的硬件是很不錯的,在PJ的中心,位置不錯,裝修、冷氣、電視、浴室設備都不錯。可是員工的態度是愛理不理,而且缺乏作為酒店從業員應有的常識,令人發毛。(我明明是用開英文版的怎的轉過來,不重打了)

Never this hotel unless your booking is straight forward and you do not demand service! And better not pay for it in advance!

The hotel is located at the centre of PJ and next to one of the biggest shopping centres in the world (they so claimed). The executive room we booked into was spacious and good enough even we have put an extra bed to accommodate three persons. Air-con, television, toiletries all good and no complaints about that.

However, the staff and service in this hotel is generally poor. All staff have a couldn't-care-less attitude. They also lack common sense and require a lot of training before they can call themselves a 5-star hotel.

We were a group of 3 men attending a wedding held at the hotel. The room was arranged by the newly-wed and has been paid for. They had even checked in for us before we arrived so what we need to do upon arrival was only telling the reception our names and room number. We did that, name, room number, not rocket science is it? The staff has still managed to give us a wrong room, after spending 5 or 10 minutes to understand what I have told her! She gave us the key card of another room booked by the groom for his brother's parents-in-law. How embarrassing it would be for everyone if we, three men, have checked into a double room for my auntie and uncle! Luckily the groom has put the name on the room card folder by pencil and I have spotted that. The staff still insisted she was right and I have to insist before she actually gave me the right room - the room that I have told him the room number, with my name written on the key-card folder.

The executive room is supposed to come with daily fruit platter. They have not replaced it on the 2nd to 4th nights. Worse, on the last day, when I came back to the room after a day, I found the cleaner has opened a contact len (yes, one of the only pair left) of mine and placed it in the rubbish bin! Perhaps I have not left a tip for him?

At check-out, perhaps it's a bit complicated that our room has been paid for by someone else, and that someone else (i.e. the newly-wed) had paid for more than one room. The staff handling check-out has completely no idea what she has to do! After some forensic science before her computer for 15 minutes, she comes up with a bill insisting we have to pay for 2 rooms! After some explanation then she asks me to show him some sort of coupon! And it seems her English was so poor that she had difficulties to understand me! Finally she has to ask another staff to help understanding the bill, and told me that I only have to pay the extras, and I have spent 30 minutes for this stilly bill. Luckily I have reserved sufficient time before I have to arrive at the airport!

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank EvertonianSunny

Reviewed September 19, 2013

Lets not talk about the territory of where the hotel is located because it's actually located in best place for food and shopping!

Stayed there 1 night with my friend. I was impressed particularly about their gym center. I'm a fitness enthusiast myself and always in look for a good gym in hotels.

One world's gym manager Prakash is very knowledgable guy when it comes to managing a gym and his staff. I had a intensive training with this guy and I AM SO SATISFIED!!

Next thing I noticed is the cleanliness of the hotel! TOP NOTCH!! Luxurious yet so cheap!! Customer service is also at their very best!

I'll definitely will back again for a stay!

Room Tip: Non-smoking room.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 16, 2013

The hotel is very nice. Rooms are spacious. Nice soft beds with huge washrooms.
The hotel is connected to a huge shopping mall called one utama. Bad points is that its out of KL town. But one can always get a cab to town which will cost from rm 15 to 30.

• Stayed: September 2013
1  Thank Deepak33
Reviewed September 12, 2013

We red many good reviews about the hotel in service and their breakfast. We decided to trust these reviews and see it for ourselves.

Location- We took the Aeroline coach which stops right at 1 Utama mall which is right at the doorsteps of the hotel. Plenty of shops to satisfy every shoppers' delight and eateries for the foodies.

Rooms- we were a little disappointed they could not accomodate our request for connecting rooms but we can see that they have tried their very best at it. At least they have us complimentary fruits as a goodwill feature which we appreciated. The beds were very comfortable and the bathroom was a delight to have a good shower and bath in. The standard was what we had expected of this hotel.

Service- they respond very quickly to our every requests for ice or extra linens. The staff were polite and professional which is a rare find in this city.

Breakfast- we only had time to have breakfast there and I must rave about the breakfast. Freshly squeezed juice, all types of eggs done to perfection (we literally tested the chef's ability by asking him to make us hard-boiled, soft-boiled, scrambled, sunny side up and omelette and all turned up immaculate! We decided to call him the egg guru. ) The best is yet to come. We were served freshly baked crossiants straight from the oven. How many hotel breakfast can beat that? It's hard to say no to my 3rd one every morning! Of course the wide arrays of food that can satisfy every nationality is all lined up beautifully every morning and they do try to change the menu a little to spice up our appetite. Check out a picture of the freshly baked crossiant.

I am already planning my next shopping trip to 1 Utama and my stay at One World hotel.

• Stayed: September 2013
Reviewed September 9, 2013

We stayed twice at this property, last time on the 8th floor. The room was in good shape but both times the mattress was rock hard. The voices and ringing phones from the corridor and the adjoining room carried so well through the flimsy doors that we woke up several times thinking someone was talking in our room.
The breakfast buffet at Cinnamon restaurant on the other hand is excellent value for money, extremely varied, with japanese, malay, chinese, indian and western selections. The adjoining mall is absolutely enormous and full of affordable shops because it is not in Central KL. The indoor rock climbing at Camp 5 alone is world class and worth the trip.

Room Tip: Corner rooms are quieter
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 6, 2013

Stayed here on our 1st trip to KL in 2010 & loved it. lt's a bit of a hike from KL central but there is a massive shopping centre right next door. lf you want peace & quiet One World is the hotel you want. Excellent service, very helpful staff, spotlessly clean lovely rooms, just an all round lovely hotel. lf you need to be right in KL then you'd need to stay elsewhere.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 5, 2013

On my trip to KL I had been staying at KL, The major benefits of this hotel is it is next to a super mall and which has a IMAX where you could manage to seek in the evenings
The breakfast has a huge variety of different cusines from around the world
The rooms are comfortable