“Revisit again....”

Ranked #3 of 45 Hotels in Petaling Jaya
singapore
“Revisit again....”
Reviewed June 25, 2013

Stayed here for the 2nd time. This time, we were given corner room, which seemed bigger than the previous one (previously we had connecting rooms). Room was clean, toilet was big.

Location is great, no problem with food, shops & transport.

Breakfast is the best, good spread & high quality.

Overall, we enjoyed our stay again...

Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (178)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Singapore
Reviewed June 25, 2013

Me and my husband and our two kids (10, 7) arranged for a very last min 2-night weekend trip to KL. I managed to book a room through the website and obtained a good package which included complimentary in-room internet access. Although we reached the hotel after midnight, the front office staff was very courteous and polite, and processed our check-in very quickly.

The deluxe room was big, on the 17th floor with a nice view, with 2 queen sized beds (just nice for our family!), the big bathroom was well stocked too. Everything worked fine in the room, and I don't think we have any complaints at all!

Due to the haze, we stayed indoors most of the time. Good thing the hotel is connected to the adjoining One Utama mall, which is huge! We were never bored of shopping or doing other things to pass our time. Kids did enjoy some time at the pool, which had a slide.

The breakfast variety was really good, I think one of the best I've seen in Malaysia.

It was a very pleasant stay, and I will definitely want to go back again some time soon!

Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed June 25, 2013

I booked directly with Kidszania package ... so i got an opened date tickets.
After a long drive... the check in was fast and straight-forward ( unlike my next 2 hotels )
and including Afternoon-Tea which was what I needed for some kids. Nice coffee , scones and sandwiches. Plenty to choose for breakfast and fresh juices. The room is big enough for whole family and comfortable beds to tuck in. Nice view looking over Kidszania / Curve.
The hotel is linked to One Utama shopping mall....and plenty of cafes / restaurtants.
I would say a better family hotel than those in Bukit Bintang.

Room Tip: Book directly from the Hotel website where there is a selection of packages where you choose to suit...
ipoh
Reviewed June 24, 2013

latest stay was on the 14th june in room 110. view is great at night cause daytime nothing different from others...traffic jammed. room is superb and perfect. there is nothing to complaint or comment. only 2 personal issue to highlight. 1. the key card seems to be not functioning accordingly. perhaps only ours. twice i need to approach the reception to rectified it before i could go up to my room. 2. the breakfast is good BUT not much of local varieties. expecting bit more of local food, such as "masak lodeh", "rendang" etc. but maybe the concept is more to international. taste is perfect only for local like me , more local dish is preferred.

1 Thank n_hisham1966
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed June 24, 2013

Stayed 2 nights at One World. Rooms are spacious, clean and well-maintained. Our room comes with 2 queen beds and free wifi. Bathroom was big with bathtub and shower area.

The international breakfast buffet in the Cinnamon is worth a go. Great spread (best that we've tried in Malaysia), good quality food and very attentive service. The chef even brought my mum-in-law for a "tour" around the restaurant, introducing the various dishes to her, when he saw that she's at a loss as to where to start. He also made sure that someone was attending to me when he saw me waiting at the waffle station. 5 star service!

Forget about the English High Tea at the Sphere. Very disappointing pastries and people were allowed to smoke in the cafe. Much better High Tea can be found in the bakery cafe joint at the adjoining mall for just RM$3 more per person. But again, staff at the Sphere were impeccable in their service though the food is not.

Mega shopping mall just at the doorstep of hotel. Can shop till you drop! Many good restaurants in the mall too.

Overall, a great place for a few days of eat, shop and relax! :)

Singapore
Reviewed June 24, 2013

I stayed 3 nights in one world hotel in June for the school holidays. It was an excellent hotel. Fantastic location as it is linked to a mega mall, one utama. I had no problems looking for food for my family of 2 adults and 2 kids.

The room was very comfortable, aircon was working well, bath tub was huge, beds were comfortable. I stayed in a deluxe twin which consisted of 2 queen sized beds. there was really nothing much I could ask for as everything was perfect. There was a slide in the kids pool, which kept my kids very happy and entertained!

The hotel had regular shuttle buses to klcc, sunway lagoon and kidzania. I practically parked my car there for the entire 4 days. Everything was so convenient with the shuttle buses.

I will definitely be back! Keep up the great job, one world hotel!

Romsey, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 23, 2013

I first stayed at this hotel for six weeks in 2008, and my recollections were of it being a good hotel. I was pleased to witness that this has not changed, and that it is still a very comfortable place to stay as a businees traveller, with access to a large and comprehensive shopping mall right next door, where there are many places to eat well at reasonable prices. However, the hotel should not feel too complacent, because there were issues that niggled during my stay. The in-room internet was not always reliable, and would regularly drop the connection when using it to skype. In common with most hotels, the One World has its own 'conservation policy' which guests are encouraged to support by re-using bath towels and not having the bed linen changed every day. it was disappointing to witness that the policy was not taken at all seriously by the house-keeping staff, despite my two calls to the duty manager to express my concerns that the towels and bed linen were changed routinely every day, in spite of me returning towels to the hanger and not putting the 'change my linen' card on the bed. Also, I was charged for a night that I didn't stay in the hotel, having been entered on the system by someone as arriving the day before my confirmed check-in date. As with all hotels, check your bills methodically.

Room Tip: Request a room on a higher floor for a better view, such as it is.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business