“Business stay”
Review of One World Hotel

One World Hotel
Ranked #3 of 50 Hotels in Petaling Jaya
Reviewed April 27, 2013

Overall satisfied. Clean, well organised..things miss is the tooth brush and shaver in the toilet. One thing to highlight is that I almost get charged for a taxi booking that I did not book. It appeared in my bill, I question the cashier and he don't know too, until he bring the taxi service guy in to delete the booking order then they delete the booking fee from the bill.

• Stayed: April 2013
OneWorldHotel, Public Relations Manager at One World Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 28, 2013

Dear Valued Guest

We would like to take this opportunity to thank you for taking time to review your recent stay at One World Hotel. For your information, different room categories in the hotel provide different amenities. But should you need essentials such as toothbrush or shaving kit, do request from our Housekeeping Team. We would be more than happy to provide at no cost.

Also do accept our sincere apologies for the wrong billing. We are glad to know this was resolved instantly by our team member.

In the meantime, we look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed April 27, 2013

Lots of KL hotels are either resort hotels, or else fine hotels in the middle of town. Both of these types of hotel present problems for business travelers. One is either bothered by families having fun (quite reasonably, if it is a 'resort' hotel) or else suffering the nightmare of KL traffic.
Having stayed at numerous KL hotels to which the above categorisations applied, I was delighted to find the One World Hotel after a recommendation from a chance encounter on an aeroplane.
In the area, there is no other business hotel to compete. Obviously one has to watch the timing but for access to our office in Kelana Jaya, traffic is usually pretty acceptable in and out. I have stayed here several times and never been troubled by children running around until 01:00 in the morning, as I have in other KL hotels.
The rooms are spacious and well appointed. There are various grades of room and I think that the grade in which I last stayed, the 'Superior King Room' on the fifth floor might be somewhere near the bottom of the hierarchy of luxury, but it was more than adequate. Very comfortable bed, complimentary internet, spacious room, separate shower unit in the bathroom, iron and ironing board, morning newspaper, complimentary fruit and bottled water.
My room on the fifth floor was looking out onto an inner courtyard and was very quiet.
The rooms, in fact the whole hotel, are very clean and the whole hotel has a most pleasant ambiance.
I should at this stage remark on the first of my two gripes about this hotel. The water is hot enough for a shower if you run it for five to ten minutes (really, it needs that long). It is no way hot enough for a bath, although the bathroom does have a tub. I remarked on this to the hotel staff before but I am beginning to think that this is normal for Malaysia as I have stayed at other Malaysian hotels where the 'hot' setting was probably only slightly above 30C. When I remarked on this to my Malaysian colleague, he seemed to think this was an acceptable situation.
The breakfast in Cinnamon coffee lounge is good and I especially enjoy the freshly squeezed fruit juice. Staff in the Cinnamon and throughout the hotel are always very friendly and helpful. They always seem genuinely eager to please.
Other reviewers have remarked on the convenience of being next to the One Utama shopping mall, and they are quite right. The One Utama provides a wide range of possibilities for dinner as well as for shopping. In fact we had an emergency with a colleague's broken computer one afternoon and we were able to procure a suitable replacement from the HP shop in One Utama.
During my last stay I suffered from a heavy cold and could not be bothered to go out. From the in-room dining I chose Hong Kong Beef Noodle. It was superb. Delivered within the promised thirty minutes, hot, plentiful and delicious.
Because of my cold I did not, as I normally do, use the gym during my last stay. However, as hotel gyms go, it is pretty good. They have a good number of running and a couple of cycling machines, plus a reasonable (by hotel gym standards) selection of free weights. However, external members also use that facility, so you may find all machines in use. Two saunas are available and a well appointed changing room.
My only other gripe, apart from the lack of hot water, is that there is no effective queuing system at reception. I don't understand why they can't put a rope up and enforce sequential queuing.
If the area is suitable, bearing in mind KL traffic, I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone on business.

Room Tip: A number of rooms have connecting doors. usually no problem with noise from the next room but you ma...
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
OneWorldHotel, Public Relations Manager at One World Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 8, 2013

Dear Valued Guest

Thank you for the extensive review on your recent stay at our hotel and your kind feedback; as well as commendation. We are nevertheless glad to know that you enjoyed your first stay with us.

We have taken note of your feedback on hot water. We are currently upgrading the hot water system. Hopefully when you next stay with us, you'll notice the difference.

Once again, your cake and time taken to write this review is much appreciated.

Best wishes from all of us at One World Hotel!

Always at your service,

Reviewed April 25, 2013

Stayed 2 nights in this hotel. The hotel was fully booked and was upgraded to junior suite. Very spacious room come with 2 TV. Room was good with clean toilet with full amenities. Finally free wifi in room compared to hefty Internet charge in my previous stayed 3 years back. Everything was fine and good service from staff too, especially the egg section during morning breakfast where the staff will serve your egg to your table. No need to queue, just place order.
The 1 Utama shopping was a boring and expensive mall. Mid valley mall is much more lively and cheaper to shop and eat.
Overall satisfied with the hotel.

Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business

Dear Valued Guest

Thank you for your kind review. We are glad to know that you enjoyed your stay in the suite room; as well as our extensive buffet breakfast which has received so many positive feedback from travellers like yourself.

Our team is glad to know that our service and facilities have met your expectations. We definitely look forward to having you as our guest once again.

Always at your service!

Reviewed April 22, 2013

Stayed there for company soft-launching. It was indeed a great choice. Excellent service n food. Room was very clean and comfortable. The room service was prompt and efficient. Love the fact that I didn't have to wait so long for my food to come as I was starving after a tiring journey from Singapore.

Buffet breakfast was awesome, especially love the fresh juices counter! :)

Plus point is the huge One Utama shopping mall. Love shopping in the morning when the stores are just opening. No crowds at all. Food choices were many.

Overall, the service was excellent. Good choice for shopping addicts.

Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
OneWorldHotel, Guest Relations Manager at One World Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 8, 2013

Dear Valued Guest

Thank you for choosing to stay with us during your trip to Petaling Jaya. We are glad to know that you enjoyed our facilities and food, especially breakfast. And 1 Utama is indeed a shopping paradise with over 650 retail outlets.

Best wishes from all of us at One World Hotel. We look forward to welcoming you again!

Reviewed April 20, 2013

Whenever I am in PJ, this hotel is my first choice. Convenient location connected to the huge One Utama Mall. I appreciate the convenience and after a day of shopping, I can retreat into my comfortable room. Room is spacious and although not the most lavishly decorated room, I did feel comfortable staying in the room. Service from staff is consistent and good throughout. Buffet breakfast is worth waking up for, good with lots of varieties. Reception is efficient, always hassle free and quick check in & out.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Mulberry79

Dear Valued Guest

It's always a pleasure to learn that our guests have enjoyed our service and facility; continue to choose One World Hotel as their preferred hotel. Thank you very much for your kind support. Our mission is to ensure each of our guests receive the best in service from our team.

A big thank you for your kind commendation and feedback. We look forward to having you back soon.

Always at your service.

Reviewed April 19, 2013

I stayed here for two nights while on business. The rooms are well sized, comfortable, great bathrooms. Staff very helpful and unfailingly polite. Excellent breakfasts. Would be quite happy to stay here again.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business

Dear Valued Guest

Thank you for your kind review. We are happy to note that you will be coming back to stay with us should the opportunity arose and we definitely look forward to welcoming you again.

Our team is indeed glad to know that they have made your stay a satisfactory and memorable one.

Wishing you a great week ahead!

Always at your service!

Reviewed April 11, 2013

I really enjoyed my stay at One World and found the staff, rooms, and common areas to be of exceptional quality. The staff was very friendly, and happy to assist with any request I had. This included going out of their way to find me the name of the artist that did all the paintings lining the lobby and hotel rooms! The room was clean, spacious and comfy, and gets huge points from me for having pillows with four different "fluffiness" levels! The only drawback was the tv, which was internet based (I think) and often skipped or lagged.

Breakfast was good and had a wide selection, and having the attached One Utama mall was a great convenience for other quick and easy dining options. The hotel is outside the city, so traffic in the area isn't too bad. If you pick the right times, you can make it to the towers in 20 minutes.

I highly recommend the property, and would be happy to stay there if I find myself in KL again.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank beau3636
OneWorldHotel, Public Relations Manager at One World Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 12, 2013

Dear Valued Guest

Thank you for staying with us during your recent trip to Petaling Jaya and for sharing your experience. Our team is pleased to know that they have made your stay a memorable one and your satisfaction is indeed our most valuable reward.

We definitely look forward to welcoming you back soon.