1,328 results
All reviews one utama junior suite cinnamon coffee shopping mall biggest mall bandar utama business trip kids pool breakfast buffet kuala lumpur five star hotel free shuttle chinese restaurant club floor rain shower checking in direct access
Reviewed March 24, 2013

5 stars hotel located within the popular award One Utama Shoping Centre. One of the biggest mall in Malaysia. From high end boutique to medium class apparel all there. The hotel has one of the best Chinese restaurant and located next to the most popular TV station hubs and HQ, TV3, TV9 and media prima. Hence, chances to meet the local celebraties.

• Stayed: April 2012
OneWorldHotel, Public Relations Manager at One World Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 12, 2013

Dear Valued Guest

Thank you for taking time to share your positive feedback on your stay with us. We are glad to know that you enjoyed shopping at 1 Utama and our central location.

Should your business/leisure trip brings you back to PJ, do stay with us again.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed March 23, 2013

Was very nicely surprised. Very new, modern and schmick. Everything worked perfectly. As good as most Shangri-La hotels I have stayed in. Very helpful with hotel taxi's throughout our stay including reasonable airport transfers. Not to far from KL city centre. Wirelss internet in the room worked fine.

Dear Valued Guest

We are glad to learn that your experience with us has been a pleasant one.

Should your travels bring you back to PJ, do stay with us again.

Our entire team remain dedicated to providing a memorable and luxury experience for all guests and we look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed March 21, 2013

This luxury 4-star hotel is a nice place to be. The rooms are austere but have everything in it you need. The internet is quite stable for Malaysian conditions. Three topics I like to outlight: (1) the lobby area is nice to sit down, watch the people (huge diversity) and drink a nice Pellegrino, (2) the excellent extensive breakfast buffer; all you need and love is there and (3) the direct corridor to the huge shopping mall with very worth prices (at least for somebody from Europe). Service in hotel is good.

Dear Valued Guest

Thank you for taking for taking time to share your positive feedback on your recent stay with us. We are glad to know that you enjoyed shopping at 1 Utama and our central location.

It would be a real pleasure to welcome you back to One World Hotel.

Florence Leong

Reviewed March 19, 2013

My husband had a business trip to Petaling Jaya last week and I decided to tag along. The office booked him at One World Hotel which is linked to the 1 Utama Shopping Centre (currently listed as the fourth largest mall in the world).

At first I thought that I could take the train and then board the hotel shuttle from the KL Sentral Station, but my flight was arriving at a non-peak hour so there was no shuttle service. Thus, I would first need to get the KLIA Ekspres to KL Sentral, transfer trains and take the MYRapid to Kelana Jaya station and finally board a taxi to go to the hotel (around 15 minutes).

I've discovered that Malaysia is a lot like the Philippines - you never know if the taxi driver will use his meter. That said, the best and safest* way to get to the hotel from the Kuala Lumpur International Airport is to book a cab from the airport counter. The trip will cost MYR 73.50 for the budget version and will take around 40 minutes (this counter is located right after the baggage and customs area and before the exit).

*According to the local newspaper, there's been a number of robberies and one case of rape courtesy of unscrupulous taxi drivers. One driver advised that it would be best to book a taxi over the phone that way the head office will know the name and plate number of the person who picked you up in case something unfortunate happens. Also, you would not need to negotiate the fare since it's either a set price or metered.

The room itself was nice and spacious. The bathroom was relatively clean with just a few mold spots towards the bottom of the shower stall. The bed was more on the firm side - it wasn't hard but it was not as soft as some hotel beds we've tried. The pillows were nice though.

Interestingly enough, they had more cable TV channels than at the Shangri-La Hotel in Kuala Lumpur.

Buffet breakfast was okay, though I was disappointed to find out they had no bacon. Not surprising since we were in a Muslim country, but it didn't stop me from missing it. Somehow, breakfast didn't seem complete - they had the beef version but it's not the same. Take note that the food stations are not close together so one will need to go all around the dining area to find more options.

In closing, I would definitely recommend this hotel for anyone who needs to stay in the area. They also have a shuttle service to the Petronas Towers but we opted to transfer to another hotel to cut down on the commute and save time.

Dear Valued Guest

Thank you for your wonderful feedback. Our team is glad to learn that you had an overall positive stay in our hotel; and enjoyed our central location and facilities.

We look forward to having you stay with us again in the future.

Florence Leong

Reviewed March 19, 2013

Recently, I was invited by IBM to host a Panel Discussion
during their quarterly CMO Event at this hotel.

I was not feeling too well that day and experience giddiness and felt weak.

I was relieved when the staff attended to me and helped me to the clinic
nearby until I was strong enough to conduct my Panel subsequently.

Mr Harmandar Singh aka Ham - President, Malaysia Chapter