1,319 results
All reviewsone utamajunior suitecinnamon coffeeshopping mallbiggest mallbandar utamabusiness tripkids poolbreakfast buffetkuala lumpurfive star hotelfree shuttlechinese restaurantclub floorrain showerchecking indirect access
Reviewed March 21, 2013

This luxury 4-star hotel is a nice place to be. The rooms are austere but have everything in it you need. The internet is quite stable for Malaysian conditions. Three topics I like to outlight: (1) the lobby area is nice to sit down, watch the people (huge diversity) and drink a nice Pellegrino, (2) the excellent extensive breakfast buffer; all you need and love is there and (3) the direct corridor to the huge shopping mall with very worth prices (at least for somebody from Europe). Service in hotel is good.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
OneWorldHotel, Public Relations Manager at One World Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 12, 2013

Dear Valued Guest

Thank you for taking for taking time to share your positive feedback on your recent stay with us. We are glad to know that you enjoyed shopping at 1 Utama and our central location.

It would be a real pleasure to welcome you back to One World Hotel.

Reviewed March 19, 2013

My husband had a business trip to Petaling Jaya last week and I decided to tag along. The office booked him at One World Hotel which is linked to the 1 Utama Shopping Centre (currently listed as the fourth largest mall in the world).

At first I thought that I could take the train and then board the hotel shuttle from the KL Sentral Station, but my flight was arriving at a non-peak hour so there was no shuttle service. Thus, I would first need to get the KLIA Ekspres to KL Sentral, transfer trains and take the MYRapid to Kelana Jaya station and finally board a taxi to go to the hotel (around 15 minutes).

I've discovered that Malaysia is a lot like the Philippines - you never know if the taxi driver will use his meter. That said, the best and safest* way to get to the hotel from the Kuala Lumpur International Airport is to book a cab from the airport counter. The trip will cost MYR 73.50 for the budget version and will take around 40 minutes (this counter is located right after the baggage and customs area and before the exit).

*According to the local newspaper, there's been a number of robberies and one case of rape courtesy of unscrupulous taxi drivers. One driver advised that it would be best to book a taxi over the phone that way the head office will know the name and plate number of the person who picked you up in case something unfortunate happens. Also, you would not need to negotiate the fare since it's either a set price or metered.

The room itself was nice and spacious. The bathroom was relatively clean with just a few mold spots towards the bottom of the shower stall. The bed was more on the firm side - it wasn't hard but it was not as soft as some hotel beds we've tried. The pillows were nice though.

Interestingly enough, they had more cable TV channels than at the Shangri-La Hotel in Kuala Lumpur.

Buffet breakfast was okay, though I was disappointed to find out they had no bacon. Not surprising since we were in a Muslim country, but it didn't stop me from missing it. Somehow, breakfast didn't seem complete - they had the beef version but it's not the same. Take note that the food stations are not close together so one will need to go all around the dining area to find more options.

In closing, I would definitely recommend this hotel for anyone who needs to stay in the area. They also have a shuttle service to the Petronas Towers but we opted to transfer to another hotel to cut down on the commute and save time.

Dear Valued Guest

Thank you for your wonderful feedback. Our team is glad to learn that you had an overall positive stay in our hotel; and enjoyed our central location and facilities.

We look forward to having you stay with us again in the future.

Recently, I was invited by IBM to host a Panel Discussion
during their quarterly CMO Event at this hotel.

I was not feeling too well that day and experience giddiness and felt weak.

I was relieved when the staff attended to me and helped me to the clinic
nearby until I was strong enough to conduct my Panel subsequently.

Mr Harmandar Singh aka Ham - President, Malaysia Chapter
World Board Member, International Advertising Association

Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed March 19, 2013

If you're looking for an excellent hotel and you like shopping, the One World Hotel is the place you want to be! Attached to the hotel is one of the biggest and best shopping malls I have ever been to in the entire world - Sungai Buloh. There are many excellent restaurants and fast food places in the mall that are inexpensive, clean and customer friendly. There's a huge movie complex, bowling alley and a 10 acre indoor rainforest with beautiful koy ponds and rain showers every hour. The hotel is elegant, the staff superb and the complimentary breakfast one of the best I have ever had! All in all, an A1 place to stay. Note* It is about a 20 minute taxi ride to downtown KL, so if downtown is where you want to be, this may not be your ideal location. But taxis are cheap, and there's lots to do at One World

Room Tip: All rooms are nice, the rooms at the very top have beautiful views of the mountains.

Dear Valued Guest

Many thanks for leaving a review for us on TripAdvisor. Our team is indeed delighted to learn that you have an enjoyable stay with us; as well as shopping in the nearby malls.

We are looking forward to welcoming you back in the not too distant future.

Reviewed March 18, 2013

Was really pleased with my stay. The room was spacious and clean and they even had a welcome greeting on the TV with my name on it.

The location was great too. Linked to the mega mall which has everything. Really no need to travel out of the area. The Curve, mega mall was also a short drive away. Basically, a great shopping mall away from the traffic in town.

They also have a wide selection for their breakfast buffet. Staff was friendly and greeted us along the way. Overall, a great experience.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Valued Guest

Thank you for taking time to share your experience of your stay in One World Hotel. We are glad to know that you enjoyed our facilities especially the wide spread of buffet breakfast. Not forgetting the joy of shopping in nearby malls.

We look forward to welcoming you back and have a pleasant day ahead.