1,328 results
All reviews one utama junior suite cinnamon coffee shopping mall biggest mall bandar utama business trip kids pool breakfast buffet kuala lumpur five star hotel free shuttle chinese restaurant club floor rain shower checking in direct access
Reviewed February 9, 2013

Stayed for a few weeks and enjoyed every moment of it. It's linked to one of the biggest shopping center in Malaysia and there are public buses that will depart for Singapore or Genting Highland, plus other public transportation systems.

The services at the restaurant and the rooms are always pleasant and warm. Every evening, the housekeeping staffs will wheel their trolley to every rooms and asked if you needed anything, toiletries or drinking water for your room. They even lent me a vase to put my bouquet of flowers in.

The staffs at the restaurants are exceptionally friendly and helpful. The breakfast buffet spread is big with plenty of food and the varieties are rotated daily. And the food taste great. The selections are abundant and one might even mistake the breakfast spread as a Lunch or Dinner Buffet due to its vast and sprawling orientation.

They really made us feel at home and we were actually sad to leave the hotel but have since gone back for meals.

Room Tip: Any rooms will do. But maybe if you can get higher floors, you might be able to see the KLCC
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
OneWorldHotel, Public Relations Manager at One World Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 19, 2013

Dear Valued Guest

Thank you for staying with us during your trip to Petaling Jaya. We are indeed pleased to learn that you had overall enjoyed your stay with us.

Best wishes for the year ahead and we look forward to welcoming you again!

Reviewed February 7, 2013

This is my 2nd stay in this hotel due to the shopping centre next to it. I guess they are known for being 5 star was due to the shopping area? To me services is surely not 5 star.

1) For both night stay every morning about 10am their hotel staff will knock on the room door and request to check on the mini bar. That is shocking, i have stayed in tons of hotel and never i have any hotel staff checking mini bar this early. Its done either in the afternoon when they pack the room or during turn down services.

2) I have problems with the wifi in the room, 1st time ever i dial the hotel operator, i actually was on hold for nearly 5mins before it was pick up asking for my request. Inform the operator my wifi having issue she refered me to their IT staff and told to wait for my call back. After 10mins no call from them i called back the operator i told her the issue she ask me back "so the IT staff did not call back"? Alright i get them to call you, only then in the next 1 min or so the called return.

3) I wrote in asking about complimentary airport pick up services, i told them i would require airport transfer both ways and will pay for one and asking the sent off for complimentary and i sent them all my flight details, the reply was their vehicle price list asking me for details and select the vehicle. After a few emails only then they reply me saying they are not able to provide. To me this is seriously not professional. I would expect these sales staff to at least read the mails carefully.

Seriously they are not the only hotel next to shopping center, there is also one hotel at this location called "the curve" perhaps i would try that on my next trip.

Rather disappointed over the services provided.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank jiwenen

Dear Valued Guest

Greetings from One World Hotel!

Thank you for your comments regarding your recent stay at One World Hotel. Please accept our sincere apologies for the inconvenience experienced. Rest assured all the issues highlighted have been shared with our team for improvement to be made. Our goal is to continually strive to improve our service levels ensuring that mistakes do not occur again.

We look forward to your future return. At that time, we will endeavour to provide you with a level of service that will meet and exceed your expectations.

Reviewed February 4, 2013 via mobile

Stayed over the weekend with 4-yr old daughter.

Room:
Premier room is decently sized w lounge chair and huge closet space. A tad tired looking with dingy carpets and furniture.

Service:
Requests are fulfilled fairly quickly but all calls to housekeeping are responded with a call back to ensure that you hv been served. Seemed like a considerate gesture but 3 calls will hv you answering 3 subsequent calls. The towel
Service at the pool is served by the gym actress the pool. So do head to the gym for your towels before u go swimming.

Hotel:
A nice kid's slide but more for older kids for sure. My daughter played at the fountain area and has to be heavily supervised at the kids pool as it was pretty deep (1 ft plus).

The breakfast buffet was a nice spread but the coffee served was awful perhaps I was there 30 mins before closing which was at 10.30am.

Location:
Right next to One Utama shopping mall w indoor access. Convenient for a shopping weekend. The hotel also provides free shuttle downtown (KLCC) should you want to see the sights. There are no other tourist attractions close by this surburbian mall.

A hotel suited for business or shoppers.

• Stayed: January 2013
OneWorldHotel, Public Relations Manager at One World Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 5, 2013

Dear Valued Guest

Thank you for the detailed review. We are glad to know that you have overall enjoyed your stay with us.

We definitely look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed February 4, 2013 via mobile

Checked into hotel - staff not overly friendly. Went to rooms - clean but problem with hot water which struggled to come through both rooms - left water running more than 8 minutes and had a tepid shower!!! Same thing in the morning... Bed hard but each to their own. Shopping fantastic with a huge mall enough to satisfy all shopaholics!! Every brand available. Might stay in this hotel again for the shopping but no other reason. There are plenty of other hotels around that we would choose before this one!! ;)

• Stayed: February 2013

Dear Valued Guest

Thank you for taking time to give us your feedback regarding your stay with us. We sincere apologise for not being able to meet your expectations. Your feedback has been shared with the team for appropriate changes to be made for improvement.

Nevertheless, we are glad to know that you enjoyed shopping at 1 Utama Shopping Centre.

We hope that you would give us another opportunity to be of service to you.

Once again our sincere apologies.

Reviewed January 15, 2013

Stayed a couple of nights for work, fast check in service and shopping is just five minutes walk away. Was told by my colleague that it's probably the nicest hotel in PJ, though a bit old. So I didn't harbor any expectation, just want to get it over and done with. But It definitely surpassed my expectation, I like the sumptuous breakfast spread and spacious hotel room. The lobby looks grand although bar service is on the pricey side. The hot water takes a while to be hot though.

Only one thing that irks me. My caucasian colleague received a free room upgrade to a suite when he checked in ten minutes after me. Caught me by surprised and I wonder is it because I'm Asian which explained why I'm not getting the same treatment.

Nonetheless I'm overall satisfied with the hotel and will go back in feb again.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
OneWorldHotel, Public Relations Manager at One World Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 15, 2013

Dear Valued Guest

We are glad to know that your first time experience with One World Hotel has been a pleasant one. Nevertheless, we will also check on the upgrade which you mentioned.

Thank you for your kind feedback. We definitely look forward to welcoming you back soon.