“Back again ans still great!”
Review of One World Hotel

One World Hotel
Ranked #3 of 50 Hotels in Petaling Jaya
Reviewed August 22, 2011

A hotel that hosts Liverpool and Chelsea teams has to be great.
and they live up to their expectations. I moved to this hotel in march after some disappointing experience in another hotel and I am so happy about my decision.
Pricing offers excellent value for money in a modern hotel with a great buffet restaurant. The shopping mall next door offers anything we can hope for. The chambermaid told us "welcome back!" which left us feeling great. I wish they would offer the wifi included in my rate.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank worldtraveller98765
oneflo, Public Relations Manager at One World Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 1, 2011

Dear Valued Guest

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us. We are delighted that you enjoyed every aspect of your visit. Not to mention your support and patronage.

Your favourable comments will be shared with our team.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel again.

Reviewed August 17, 2011

The location is great. Next to 1Utama. Direct Skybus from LCCT (RM15) to 1Utama. The bus terminal is at new wing, while the hotel is next to old wing. In 1Utama, lookout for the direction to Jusco (Jusco is situation in old wing & is currently under renovation) if you are not able to find the hotel sign. Once in old wing, just follow One World hotel sign.

The rooms are great. Clean & cozy. 4 pillows & a bolster for a king size bed. Great! The staff are friendly. Once we checked in & settled down, the housekeeping staff came by & asked if everything's fine.

Breakfast is another great in this hotel. Overall, we enjoyed our stay...

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank sunniee33

Dear Valued Guest

We are pleased to read that your experience in our hotel has been pleasant and we thank you for taking the time to share your feedback on TripAdvisor.

Jusco has since reopened after an impressive renovation exercise. I am sure you will enjoy shopping there when you next stay with us.

We hope to have you again as our guest soon.

Reviewed August 16, 2011

Left a bunch of documents in the room which I stayed over for the whole week and checked out without it.

Called house keeping to find it 3 days later only to know they do not have it.

Very disappointed to know such services to retain what could be important for at least a week before disposal. Very surprised.

Poor service.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled on business
oneflo, Front Office Manager at One World Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 1, 2011

Dear Valued Guest

Firstly, I do sincerely apologise for the documents that couldn't be recovered by our Housekeeping. Items left by guests are kept for a maximum of 3 months from the date of recovery. But in your case, our Housekeeping was not able to locate the documents mentioned even after a thorough search.

We value your patronage and hope that this incident does nor mar your image of the hotel. We look forward to having you as our guest once again.

Reviewed August 5, 2011

I would recomend this Hotel for Business or social travel The dining expeience is second to none and great value, the rooms are very well appointed and the staff have to rank with the best anywhere. I got free wifi but I'm not sure its included when booking

Stayed: July 2011, traveled on business
2  Thank Horatio061

Dear Valued Guest

We are indeed happy that you liked your room and enjoyed dining at our hotel outlets.

We look forward to welcoming you back to One World Hotel in the not too distant future.

Warm regards

Reviewed August 2, 2011

Easy for you to find foods & have one of the best Mall for shopping...the hotel room is nice & clean...they have high speed internet also...great breakfast...

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled on business
1  Thank Ywij

Dear Valued Guest

Thank you very much for taking time to share your feedback with us.

We are delighted to hear that you had a pleasant stay and we hope to see you again in the near future.

Reviewed July 30, 2011

This is a 6 star hotel with all that belongs to it. Western standards, Asian perfect service!
The only thing missing is 3rd generation room equipment such as a central light switch at the bed. But apart from these details there is everything you could ask for.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled on business
2  Thank uncovery

Dear Valued Guest

We are pleased that you found the overall experience at One World Hotel a satisfactory one. Rest assured your suggestion will be reviewed.

Thank you once again for your feedback.

If you are returning to Petaling Jaya in the near future, please stay with us again.

Warm regards

Reviewed July 29, 2011

Don't get me wrong, this is a nice hotel. When I was there, Chelsea FC (English Premier League) were staying there at the same time so clearly it's a four-star hotel.

The reason for the low score is that there were some fairly major issues during my stay. First, and most important, is that this hotel does not have a functional in-room internet connection during peak times (evenings). My colleagues and I were not able to use the internet during our two night stay as the connection was extremely slow even over a wired connection.

Secondly, every time I took the elevator, I waited for several minutes (once almost 10 minutes). I don't know if this was purely down to the hotel blocking elevators for Chelsea players and staff or some other issue. My colleague once tried to walk down the stairs from the 5th floor but got stuck in the stairwell as all the doors were locked (so much for an emergency exit).

Finally, the room I stayed in had no alarm clock so I had to use my mobile phone as my alarm in the mornings. I like to be able to see what time it is when I'm half-asleep so I like the LED alarm clocks found at most hotels.

Other than that, the hotel is fine, The rooms are spacious and clean and the beds are very comfortable. Likewise, all the staff are very friendly and courteous, and I liked the included buffet breakfast as well. If the above issues are not important to you, then I would not hesitate to recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled on business

Dear Valued Guest

Thank you for your recent stay and feedback. It's only through feedback from caring guests like you that we are unable to improve on our service.

For your information, One World Hotel is a 5-star hotel certified by the Ministry of Tourism, Malaysia.

On behalf of the hotel, i would like to apologise for the inconvenience you experienced during your stay with us especially for the slow internet connection. We are glad to inform that we have since increased the bandwidth of our internet connection. When you next stay with us, you will be able to experience the difference.

During the period of your stay, we had two renowned football clubs, Liverpool and Chelsea with us. Due to security measures, some lifts were blocked and that caused a slight delay in the calling time of these lifts.

Apart from the above, we are glad to know that you enjoyed the overall experience.

We look forward to welcoming you back to One World Hotel.