1,318 results
All reviewsone utamajunior suitecinnamon coffeeshopping mallbiggest mallbandar utamabusiness tripbreakfast buffetkids poolkuala lumpurfive star hotelfree shuttlechinese restaurantclub floorrain showerchecking indirect access
Reviewed July 19, 2011

The hotel rooms are nice. Unfortunately, staff attitude there are extremely bad. Most of the staff there that I encountered are rude. If you are not dressed in suits or look rich, basically the staff will look down at you and talk to you very rudely even though you are a customer of that hotel.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled on business
3  Thank shateq123
oneflo, Assistant Director of Communications at One World Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 22, 2011

Dear Shateq123

Thank you for your recent stay at One World Hotel and for your comments. On behalf of the hotel, please accept our sincere apologies for the inconvenience experienced. Rest assured the issue you mentioned will be addressed especially on staff attitude.

Nevertheless, we sincerely hope that you will give us another opportunity to prove our services to you.

In the meantime, we look forward to welcoming you to One World.

Reviewed July 17, 2011

I stayed with my wife and 3 year old son. With the price of the room, I expected a lot more honestly. The room was just simple, like a 3-star hotel room, though it was spacious. Swimming pool was also small. However, the service was excellent, though they can improve a little bit more at the reception because at check-out, I just stood in front of the reception (just to see what they'll do) but no one called to invite me to their respective stations. To be fair, they did looked a bit busy though because all of them were like looking down, to the computer I suppose.

The breakfast was superb with a lot of choices and tasted quite good. The major plus point of this hotel is it is connected to the One Utama shopping mall.

Oh ya, I couldn't sleep really well maybe because of the hard mattress, but my wife and son did not complaint, so I guess it's just my body didn't like that kind of mattress :)

If you don't mind the basic hotel room, I would recommend this hotel. But I have stayed over in a private apartment nearby the hotel (FJ Inn Apartments) with also basic rooms but with better swimming pool and location. Not too mention a a lot cheaper.

One more thing, the Internet speed is totally crap. Just to let you know up front. I do mean crappy slow.

Dear Zebramones

Thank you for your patronage and feedback which we truly appreciate. We are pleased to note that you found the overall experience satisfactory except for some issue on internet speed and service at the reception. We have addressed this issue with our IT department to ensure that the speed is up to mark as well as service at Front Desk.

We are glad to know that you enjoyed the breakfast spread at Cinnamon Coffee House and of course, 1 Utama Shopping Centre.

Once again, thank you for your invaluable feedback.

Best wishes

Reviewed July 14, 2011

Been attached to the 1Utama Shopping Centre it is good for shopping- however the Mall is undergoing big renovations so it isnt that easy to find your way around as the Hotel enters the Mall from the Old section.

I found the front desk staff to be lacking in knowlege, our reservations both times were for the Shopping Package Rate and on both occasions we were not giving the complimentary items that come with the package, until I asked for them.

There is Wi-Fi in the hotel but it is all chargeable. In a hotel that is aimed at Business people I would have thought that at least the front area/lobby would have had Free Access to Wifi.

Another negative was the use of the Pool Bar area by non-residents at the Hotel. This changes the nature of the secure atmosphere.

The locatiion of the Hotel is good if you are not wanting to be in KLCC as the taxi ride to the Curve and Midvalley Mall is quick and inexpensive.

The first stay , we had a room close to the Elevator and it was very noisy. Get a room down the corridor.

The breakfast is excellent , however there are not enough staff in the dining area in the morning so as to clear your table or to serve coffee.

Dear Valued Guest

We really appreciate your feedback on your recent stay with us. Please accept our sincere apologies for any inconvenience you experienced. We have taken note of the shortfalls in our level of service in the respective areas mentioned and we will continually strive to improve our service levels.

The hotel do offer complimentary shuttle service to the Twin Towers and The Curve. Do make use of this service when you next stay with us. As for the PoolBar, it's open to the public but not the pool facilities.

Despite the above feedback, we hope that you will give us the opportunity to welcome you back soon.

Reviewed July 13, 2011

I joined the ONE WORLD hotel member as I read a lot of good reviews about the hotel. As the reason why you join the member of a hotel is because they odder several complimentary vouchers and the privilege you get. However, I was so disappointed with the services of the staff during my free night stay in the hotel.
The staffs at the front desk are not friendly and unhelpful when i was checking in that time. Fine! I thought is just the front desk staffs. Then I went to the sphere lounge for lunch as I have discount for being the member. So I ordered some food and drinks and when I asked for the bill and presented the membership card, they told me that the food you ordered was a promotion item. So I could not get the discount. I mean, common sense, how would I know that the food I ordered was promotional item. They did not display any card or leaflet mentioning that the item is promotional item. They did not as me as well when I was ordering the food whether am I the member or am I using the member card or not? I mean you do not aspect me go around and telling the staffs that I'm the member so what do I get or don't get??
The reason why i had my lunch at the sphere lounge is because of the discount. Without the discount I would have my lunch at one utama which (shopping mall that connected to ONE WORLD HOTEL) offers more choice.
Besides that, I claimed a celebration cake which is member's complimentary from the hotel. I told them to write some sweet message as the cake is for my wife birthday. I repeated thrice to the staff about the message. When I collected the cake, the message written there was "HAPPY FATHER'S DAY". OMFG!!! How could they make a silly mistake like that. I have no choice but to give the cake to my dad.
Lastly, I was told that as a member I would have the privilege to check out late subject to room availability. So i called the front desk at 10am to confirm the late check out. They told me I have to go to the font desk to validate my room key. So I did ask they told. When I reached the front desk and asked them to validate the room key, the front desk staff told me that I would be charged extra for checking out late. I was so furious and frustrated and told her that, your colleagues asked me to come down to validate the key card and I was told on the phone that there won't be any surcharge.
The front desk staff was unhappy and got a bit pissed when I told her off. She showed a very unsatisfying face to me. Ended up she validate the card after making a few calls.
ONE WORLD services are really bad and is not up to the international standard. I myself is a Starwood member (LeMeridien, Sheraton, Westin). You really get the privilege as a member and the services they offered was really a world class service.
After this bad experience, I definitely would not come back to this hotel and the membership is so not worth with this type of services offered.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled as a couple
6  Thank dannykoay

Dear Elite Club Member

Thank you very much for your valuable feedback on the Elite Club membership. Your feedback has been shared with our Elite Club Programme Manager so that improvement will be made especially when it comes to explaining to guests on the entitlement of privileges and offers.

We do understand your frustration and we are truly sorry to have fallen short of your expectations.

Thank you for bringing this matter to our attention and we will endeavour to make the necessary improvements. In the meantime, if I may be of any assistance, please contact me at pr@oneworldhotel.com.my

Reviewed July 12, 2011

Checked into their deluxe room with 2 twin size beds with 2 other family members.

The hotel is connected to a shopping mall - One Utama (almost as big as the shopping mall at Mid Valley), so shopping and looking for food is definitely no problem.

Hotel Lobby nice but finds their concierge and service staff at Lobby not friendly and very lacking in service!

Absolutely hassle free at reception during checking in and out as it was low season maybe!

However, what made up for the unfriendliness from the lobby staff was the efficient service of the housekeeping staff. They made extra effort to come round in the evening to check if guests need to replenish anything from coffee to toiletries! The next day, when we requested for extra shower gel through the operator, they were sent to us within 5 mins and the operator even called us again very quickly to ensure that the items requested were sent to us.

The hotel is relatively new - about 3 to 4 years old but the furniture and fixtures in the room seem abit out of date. Apart from the furnishings, the room and toilet are very well maintained and kept very clean!! The 2 twin size beds are comfortable and am surprised and extremely happy to find that they even provided a bolster! Seldom one finds a hotel that provides bolters for their guests. Each bed comes with 3 pillows (very generous) with another extra one kept in the cupboard!

Toilet comes with both a bath tub and a shower cubicle with very up to date accessories! Even the toilet bowl is eco-water!

Definitely worth mention is their breakfast at their CINNAMON restaurant! Wide varieties of food from local fares like roti canai, amazing curries to international japanese and mediteranean fares such as baked salmon and spagetties etc!

Overall, truly value for money hotel in PJ. Also near to a few Coach stations like First Coach, Transtar etc.

Will consider coming back to this hotel if just moving around in PJ and not going into KL City!

Dear Cecilia

Thank you for choosing to stay at One World Hotel. We really appreciate your detailed feedback. Rest assured it will be shared with our team.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future.