“Great location...very nice hotel”

The Royale Bintang The Curve
Ranked #23 of 45 Hotels in Petaling Jaya
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
“Great location...very nice hotel”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 25, 2010

A great location near shops and restaurants.... Rooms very nice... Very clean hotel... Pool nice... Quite expensive and no free car park... Staff not the most helpful but ok

• Stayed September 2009

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (60)
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Malaysia
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 4, 2010

I've book 2 rooms with this hotel earlier for the stay during Hari Raya for 2 nights - a superior room. I've put a remark to have 1 room with double bed and 1 room with twin bed, paid RM100 deposit. The next day, I received an email from them saying that their superior room only comes with double bed - NO TWIN BED!!! I request for refund since they can't provide me what I want, but they told me that the room is booked under agent - which I booked directly in their official website, thus they can't refund. And if I insist to refund, they'll call their agent to call me back. And the call never comes!!!

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family

Travelers are raving about these Petaling Jaya hotels

My
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 2, 2010

1st star: I made a booking thru online, remark stated: Not smoking room, and I reserved for 5 nights..
When I checked in the hotel, I open the door for myself, where the bell boy was actually standing inside, I lifted my lugage across the staircase... the best thing was from the bell boy, he actualy asked: "is the lugage heavy?? "" Well, I answer,:" yes, it is!". -story end-... I was thinking, shouldn't you, help me with the lugage instead of asking? or shall I said mocking me? Funny~~~ this is where the first star came in~~~

2nd star: Well, as usual, the bell boy was actually ONLY serve FOREIGNER for their lugage, upon I have checked in, I need to take my own lugage to the room, where all the bell boys were actually busy with helping foreigner...
Stepped in the room~~~ wow, smell good, I guess it might from Dunhil? or mayby Malboro..Well...Since I rushing out.. I didn't actually bother much...
Left the lugage in my room..and I headed to the Lobby... Asking the receptionist to HELP me to arrange a taxi for me on the next morning~~, 8.30AM, I reminded the lady at front desk...

3rd star: It was a sleepless night with the cigaratte smell... After taken my breakfast...I decided to change to a non-smoking room as I was actually stated before...
The lady.. asked me to place my lugage to conceirge and they will checked-in again for me in the afternoon since all the room was full at that point of time...ok..it was considerable...that's what was still in my mind...
I was waiting for taxi at lobby, it was 8.15AM...tick tack tick tack..clocking ticking.. 8.30AM... I re-check with front desk lady VIJAYA..she said: 'wait'. 'ok', I answered....
8.45AM, I asked again, is the taxi on the way? "wait." Same answer from Vijaya.... 8.50AM...I asked again, guess what she said? "Actually we were not able to call the taxi". WHAT???? what the hell??? She DID NOT tell me earlier?!!!! and I already informed them since last night!!!!! "My class at 9AM mam!!"
They couldn't do anything for me? not even get a taxi for me???? Well... No apologies from anyone, she asked another person to look for a taxi at the road side... finally, I saw a taxi drove in... HAHA.. funny..wasn't for me!!! She sent another lady for the taxi... stupid enuff.. I was running late for my class at 9AM!!!!
I waited, for another few minutes... OK.. now ONLY my turn..

4th Star: I collected my room key from from desk, and I double checked with them, were my lugages already sent in to the room? She said: "ya" "ya"..
I went into the room, was looking all the corner... well.. no sign of lugage!! I called to reception, at least 7 attempts..nobody answer..where the hell??
I pressed 1 for operator service, asking for help, I need my lugages.. it was already 10.30PM....te lady said they will sent in... waited for 15mins.... no sound no image, I called again..OMG, they said yaya.. on the way...

OMG, is this what we call 4-STAR HOTEL SERVICE??

I still waiting the call from the manager name MR. HASHIMI, I wanted to feedback..
Do you think I get his call?

Tell you what, if you racist!!! if you don't like malaysian..if you are looking down on ppl!!! PLEASE DO NOT RENT THE ROOM TO ME!!!!!

• Stayed August 2010, traveled on business
1 Thank SierraR
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 21, 2010

I arrived the hotel around 3:30pm and expected to check-in immediately. However, i've waited > than 10 minutes for my turn to check in and the room is not ready due to late check-out customers. I finally managed to check in at 4:30pm. Frankly, i was a little upset with the hotel front desk service as i would expect a better service from this hotel compare to other smaller scale hotel. Another thing to note is that you will need to pay a fee to check-out later than 12noon.

You will receive complimentory drink, breakfast voucher for 2, complimentary fruits. The room was a little noisy in the late afternoon as there were performance at the street, Curve (our room is facing Marche Movenpick Restaurant, Level 7).

I won't consider staying in this hotel again.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple
Tabanan - Bali
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 11, 2010

I were stay for two nights at this hotel which we feel is very short because we need more time actually to stay to explore the Petaling Jaya and Damansara City.\

We haven't time to visit IKEA which just at a cross the street. Good location for shopping and dining. Friendly staff and the duty were very helpful to us while the safety box in our room is error and she help us with smile and assist us very well. Thank you once again for the service have give to us.

The breakfast were okay with some variatif which we can choose from some foods that provide.

Generally, we are happy to stay at The Royale Bintang Damansaran and of course will back again and may try the Royale Bintang Kuala Lumpur.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple
Mumbai (Bombay), India
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 9, 2010

When I read about the multiple negative reviews of the Royale Bintang Damansara on Trip Advisor, I was a little worried that it may not be a great place to stay. However, we had friends in KL who were staying close to this place and they were quite endorsive of the hotel. Thankfully, I agreed to their choice. The hotel was a wonderful experience and a great stay with even with my 2½ year old kid enjoying himself.
The room we had pre-booked – Club Studio - was unavailable, hence we got a complimentary upgrade to the Deluxe Club Studio. Rooms were spacious and most importantly neat and clean including the bathroom. The swimming pool was not too hot though.
What also sets this hotel apart from the ones in main KL town is that it is in the centre of shopping malls, a cinema, supermarkets, even a weekend flea markets and a host of restaurants all around – at the same time – less traffic and not too much of crowd or noise which one can expect in the main KL hotels. There are a host of eateries around this hotel offering all types of food and open from early morning till late night. The tourist population is also a lot less in this area and hence it is a good way to look around for neat deals in the malls / markets around as well as blend in with the locals.
I DEFINITELY RECOMMEND THE HOTEL and would look at staying there the next time I visit.

Place to visit within KL:
• Bukit Bintang (including Bintang Walk) – Great for shopping and lots of restaurants around. Great ambience – a tourist hotspot
• Sungei Wang – one of the oldest shopping centers in KL – must visit for the bargains
• Batu Caves – One of the largest temples in Asia devoted to the Lord Murugan (son of Shiva and Parvathi). This place also have a replica of the famous temple of Lord Balaji at Tirupati, India
• KL Towers and Petronas Twin Towers – wonders of the world – however, KL towers closes at 9:30 pm so make it before that to get to see the view from the top

• Stayed May 2010, traveled with family
mumbai
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 14, 2010

Just returned home after staying over a week. Found the hotel to be nice and functionally comfortable. The room was clean. Staff was friendly. Breakfast was good but uninteresting.Good place to stay if you are looking at serious mall walking.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled on business