“Nice hotel - Nice Location”

Royale Chulan The Curve
Ranked #25 of 45 Hotels in Petaling Jaya
Tabanan - Bali
“Nice hotel - Nice Location”
Reviewed June 11, 2010

I were stay for two nights at this hotel which we feel is very short because we need more time actually to stay to explore the Petaling Jaya and Damansara City.\

We haven't time to visit IKEA which just at a cross the street. Good location for shopping and dining. Friendly staff and the duty were very helpful to us while the safety box in our room is error and she help us with smile and assist us very well. Thank you once again for the service have give to us.

The breakfast were okay with some variatif which we can choose from some foods that provide.

Generally, we are happy to stay at The Royale Bintang Damansaran and of course will back again and may try the Royale Bintang Kuala Lumpur.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (60)
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Mumbai (Bombay), India
Reviewed June 9, 2010

When I read about the multiple negative reviews of the Royale Bintang Damansara on Trip Advisor, I was a little worried that it may not be a great place to stay. However, we had friends in KL who were staying close to this place and they were quite endorsive of the hotel. Thankfully, I agreed to their choice. The hotel was a wonderful experience and a great stay with even with my 2½ year old kid enjoying himself.
The room we had pre-booked – Club Studio - was unavailable, hence we got a complimentary upgrade to the Deluxe Club Studio. Rooms were spacious and most importantly neat and clean including the bathroom. The swimming pool was not too hot though.
What also sets this hotel apart from the ones in main KL town is that it is in the centre of shopping malls, a cinema, supermarkets, even a weekend flea markets and a host of restaurants all around – at the same time – less traffic and not too much of crowd or noise which one can expect in the main KL hotels. There are a host of eateries around this hotel offering all types of food and open from early morning till late night. The tourist population is also a lot less in this area and hence it is a good way to look around for neat deals in the malls / markets around as well as blend in with the locals.
I DEFINITELY RECOMMEND THE HOTEL and would look at staying there the next time I visit.

Place to visit within KL:
• Bukit Bintang (including Bintang Walk) – Great for shopping and lots of restaurants around. Great ambience – a tourist hotspot
• Sungei Wang – one of the oldest shopping centers in KL – must visit for the bargains
• Batu Caves – One of the largest temples in Asia devoted to the Lord Murugan (son of Shiva and Parvathi). This place also have a replica of the famous temple of Lord Balaji at Tirupati, India
• KL Towers and Petronas Twin Towers – wonders of the world – however, KL towers closes at 9:30 pm so make it before that to get to see the view from the top

• Stayed May 2010, traveled with family
mumbai
Reviewed April 14, 2010

Just returned home after staying over a week. Found the hotel to be nice and functionally comfortable. The room was clean. Staff was friendly. Breakfast was good but uninteresting.Good place to stay if you are looking at serious mall walking.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled on business
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed April 9, 2010

Cleanliness is clearly not a priority in this hotel. And I have a laundry list of grievances -

- when I first entered the room, there was a piece of used soap on the sink
- bathroom wall had mildew or mould
- I spotted a number of ants crawling on the bedside tables
- the room had a funny smell. I had to get the chambermaid in to spray air freshener
- the pillow smelt funny
- I had mosquito bites within 1/2 hour of sitting in the restaurant on the ground floor

Other grouses :
- When I had problems with my access card, I brought it to the recep only to have it wrongly coded to the wrong room!
- If I was attending a 3-day seminar, I had quite a number of lunches and dinners in the hotel. The food selection was very limited and not that tasty. You're better off eating at the nearby restaurants
- No bathtub!

Plus points :
- Location's fantastic. The shopping mall next to the hotel had lots of nice, interesting-themed restaurants. Great location for foodies.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled on business

Travelers are raving about these Petaling Jaya hotels

Perth, Western Australia
Reviewed April 8, 2010

This was our second stay at the Royale Bintange Damansara. Our teenage boys love the fact that they can wander outside to any number of restaurants (including Macdonalds!) till late a night, and we feel they are safe in the surrounding environment of the Hotel. The movie theatre and bowling alley is a few minutes walk and of course The Curve Shopping Centre is right there or 1 Utama Shopping Centre 5 minutes away. There are markets on the weekend and the atmosphere is great and we loved being away from the hustle and bustle of KL city. A free shuttle bus is available from The Curve into The Royale Bintang in KL about 45 minutes away. Sunway Lagoon Resort s not too far from Damansara either. We wouldn't stay anywhere else while in KL..

• Stayed March 2010, traveled with family
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 10, 2010

To be fair, the hotel is just okay. Traffic around the area is horrible, so ideal if you intend to shop at The Curve, Ikano or IKEA without having to spend hours to find a spot to park your car.

Food at The Curve is fantastic. I would not spend more than a night here.

• Stayed September 2008, traveled on business
2 Thank dnilbroloc
Perth, Australia
Reviewed December 2, 2009

What I liked best about this hotel was that it looked posh, which helped in terms of the fact that it felt value for money as it's quite an expensive hotel.

The family room is really nice and very cosy - it's almost like having your own service apartment.

However, service is quite lacking and so are the handymen. We had a couple of faults with our room:

* The door to the balcony was broken and slightly ajar... fortunately the handymen did come to fix this

* I was having a bath and having a good relaxing lie down in the bathtub... when suddenly I realised that there was a leak as the water kept slowly receeding. I thought that this was probably just me... but when I got up from the bath tub, I noticed that there was water leaking everywhere... and it even leaked into the bedroom!

Although we complained, no one came to fix the issue. The day we checked out, they also refused to give us a discount or even apologise even though we took this issue up with them.

• Stayed August 2008, traveled with friends