“Leaky bathrooms”

Ranked #23 of 45 Hotels in Petaling Jaya
Perth, Australia
“Leaky bathrooms”
Reviewed December 2, 2009

What I liked best about this hotel was that it looked posh, which helped in terms of the fact that it felt value for money as it's quite an expensive hotel.

The family room is really nice and very cosy - it's almost like having your own service apartment.

However, service is quite lacking and so are the handymen. We had a couple of faults with our room:

* The door to the balcony was broken and slightly ajar... fortunately the handymen did come to fix this

* I was having a bath and having a good relaxing lie down in the bathtub... when suddenly I realised that there was a leak as the water kept slowly receeding. I thought that this was probably just me... but when I got up from the bath tub, I noticed that there was water leaking everywhere... and it even leaked into the bedroom!

Although we complained, no one came to fix the issue. The day we checked out, they also refused to give us a discount or even apologise even though we took this issue up with them.

• Stayed August 2008, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (60)
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
manila, philippines
Reviewed December 1, 2009

we were looking for a hotel in petaling jaya - basically so we could be near ikea. this hotel is perfect, located smack in the middle of The Curve complex and pretty much literally across the street from ikea. for regular shopping, one doesn't have to leave this area at all.

it's a cab ride away from the city center - around 40RM.

but the main thing i want to say is that the staff was great! extremely efficient, very polite... down to giving us a box to pack our last minute purchases as we were checking out. good value at 245RM a night and highly recommended if you're staying in this part of town

• Stayed November 2009, traveled with friends
Ipoh, Malaysia
Reviewed October 7, 2009

Stayed there twice in 2 years. For both occassions, we stayed at the family suite. Clean and comfortable. Most convenient where food and shopping is concerned since the hotel is attached to a few shopping centres. Breakfast buffet spread a bit small but tasty nonetheless.

• Stayed February 2009, traveled with family
Singapore
Reviewed October 5, 2009

Great location as it's just above all the shopping. Rooms are clean and tidy. Airconds are strong enuf. Breakfast was also good. Great pool too. Had a happy stay. Stayed at a Family room and a deluxe. Family room was a connecting 2 bedroom wif a small living corner. Shared 1 big bathroom. Will return in the future.

• Stayed February 2009, traveled with family
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed September 18, 2009

The hotel has a location away from city centre but is still suffered from traffic jam from connecting roads. For most, the hotel is convenient in terms of restaurants and departmental stores nearby. If you choose it for business purpose like me, just bear with the poor housekeeping service on top of time spent to travel to KLCC when you need to go out during free time.
I had never got the right number of towels in my bath room. When I asked the housekeeping staff on my floor, they asked me to call housekeeping myself. It happened to me almost everyday during my 9 days' stay. Can't the housekeeping does it right for the guest? My last day I got only two bath towels. Floor was not vacuum if not asked. Bin sometimes not cleaned if not full. I got skin rash one morning and had my room changed without a question asked within 2 hours.
Reception just didn't answer questions in full and left me to figure what was missing. My bill is supposed to be paid by company account but I was asked to pay when check out. I told the girl she should check the check in voucher but she could not find it and asked if I could pass her my copy.
The breakfast was one of the worst in its class. I ate the same (95%) food for the 9 days. Quality of food was poor too. Porridge was just warm which is not acceptable for a 4 star hotel. Service was slow and had to be reminded to clean up table.
I could have no complaint if the hotel was 2 star and I stayed shorter period. For the rate it charged me, I am sure I could find a better deal. Quite disappointing indeed.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled on business

Travelers are raving about these Petaling Jaya hotels

India
Reviewed June 17, 2009

The hotel is right in the centre of a pretty big mall, the Curve.. I loved the options we had for meals as there are probably 100's of joints in near vicinity.. Being an Indian I liked Colonial times restaurant; which is just outside the hotel.

Taxis can take you easily anywhere in KL in just about 20 minutes.. The buses for Genting are at walking distance as well and pretty cheap. There is also a good Cinema hall about 50m from the hotel and can be enjoyed over the weekend.

Overall a very nice experience..

• Liked — Great location.. Food options around
  • Disliked — Taxi's sometime overcharge you!
  • Stayed February 2007, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Johor
Reviewed April 11, 2009

I stayed in the Royale Bintang for the second time.The first time was about 2 yrs ago. The staffs were friendly and the buffet breakdfast was sumptous. The location of th e hotel is so good..so many shopping area around it and you will definately need more than one day to tour around the area. Looking for meals were never a problem because there are so many eateries to choose from.. The disadvantage of this hotel is you need to pay for the parking fees....which is normally free for other hotels.I checked in on Friday and checked out on Saturday..thus have to pay RM5 for the parking fees. The room was clean and the furnishing was still very new. The housekeeping service was not so efficient but tolerable.Overall this hotel is highly recommended for those who enjoy shopping all day long...

• Stayed April 2009, traveled with family