All reviews baby cot kuala lumpur kidzania shopping ipc eateries vicinity varieties
Selected filters
Reviewed October 23, 2016

Reservation and Check In
Have book the room through booking.com, travel with wife and infant and request to have non smoking floor and have call up to the hotel on the actual date in the morning to request for non smoking floor again and reminded them again. When check in was been told that my room is upgrade to the next category deluxe room since the room actual superior room is not available. Thank for the upgrade however I ask it is non smoking floor and the answer is smoking room. GOSH..the receptionist check in check for another room and room was been given to me and I was not been told where the breakfast will be serve and which way to the lift. However good site is the concierge, very friendly.

Room
Room 1005 was given and when open the room, my impression is hey there is not much different from the Superior except there is a balcony in the deluxe room. The room carpet is dirty and the fridge in the room is not functioning at all and the hand basin water drainage is clog and took a while for it to flow. Have call the operator to fix the fridge and a fridge is send to my room to replace the faulty.I guess the room is not a ready room to sell.. Air cond is cold and the water pressure is excellent. Free of smoke.

Breakfast
Average breakfast with pastry, local and western combination. I almost forget..Please try the porridge. Taste good

Check Out
Was been given a reminder call that check out will be 12noon at 11.15am. I think it is too early for a reminder call. Standard time is 12noon onwards

Overall
Hotel need to refurbish. Good location with a lot of restaurant and baby stroller user friendly.

Room tip: High floor to avoid the band music
Reviewed October 18, 2016 via mobile

Convenient for work purposes - stayed here about two years ago and everything has really gone down hill. Basically unless you're a smoker who can sleep through anything steer well clear. I was on a non-smoking floor but strong smell of smoke. Colleague on a different floor given a room that was non-smoking but with smoking rooms on either side. He left at 3 in the morning and checked into a different hotel. Staff told him the floor I was on is smoking, I was assured it was not. Every night a band plays right outside - and I mean outside, open air and right outside the hotel rooms that face the food street. And v bad cover bands singing 'country roads' and the worst rendition of 'frozen' I have ever heard up until 11.00. Every night. Rooms not soundproofed. And on the last night I had to get up at 04.00. So if you have to stay here ask for a room facing ikea. Breakfast was uninspiring - was better 2 yrs ago. I went and had breakfast in Teh Tarik next door - cheap and good if you like Malaysian style breakfast. Staff need training - really not prepared for dealing with the needs of hotel guests. Doorman was helpful up to a point, helped get a taxi but when I asked him to help make sure the taxi driver knew where I needed to go he just said "no you do it". Rooms basic but clean enough, wifi not very strong. Def won't stay here again. Shame as it is convenient but esp when on a work trip I need my sleep.

Trip type: Traveled on business
1  Thank TeresaB948
Reviewed October 11, 2016 via mobile

Our second visit...coz of its vicinity to the Curve n Ikea etc.We like this hotel which is very vibrant at night..there is a live band outside the hotel n stalls selling almost everything n of course close to IKEA n within the curve.There r various restaurants at the ground floor to serve ur empty stomachs.Good comfortable rooms esp the family room we booked...one King size bed n two singles.What we DONT LIKE is the absence of washing facilities for Muslim...the management should seriously look into this important extension.Those who want to do so can go the rest rooms downstairs or first floor much to my discomfort.Anyway apart from this no other complaints.We also enoyed the good breakfast spread.Thank You.No Regrets except one mentioned.

Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed October 11, 2016

We stayed recently stayed in one of the family suites for several days. The suite is very spacious having dual bathrooms and separate bedrooms and lounge area. Certainly some of the room fittings were in need of additional maintenance, but we had no issue with the cleanliness. The hotel is in an excellent location next door to the Curve shopping/dining and only 10 minutes walk to One Utama

Room tip: Higher level rooms would be less disturbed from Food St nightlife/singing
Reviewed October 10, 2016

I would say..good location & safe, walking distance to ikea, the curve, e-curve.
Night Market on Sat Nite. Safe Area after watching midnite movies. Cafes closed quite late on Sat Nite.
Hotel just nice, Dont expect much after neg. review but i got my non-smoking room and room near lift. My advice just be patience and communicate nicely with the staff.
Yes..need to upgrade on the toilet ..esp bidet issue. Others than that..this hotel save $$ on cabs and time...
Hotel have outdoor bbq at RM50++ on wknds (look out for it)

Room tip: The Lift is a bit slow..maybe request level 02-09