“Good location, rude housekeeping”

Royale Chulan The Curve
Ranked #25 of 45 Hotels in Petaling Jaya
Jakarta, Indonesia
“Good location, rude housekeeping”
Reviewed March 13, 2014

I have been staying at this hotel for almost three weeks, and so far Everyone's nice until I moved to the family suite and I did not get the towels in my room replenished after the rooms's cleaned. When I called to ask for them, they said they wouldnt be available until 7 pm. At around 8 pm, I called again, since the housekeeping did not keep its promise and asked for 5 towels. They said the family suite is only alotted 4 towels. This is the first time I have stayed at a hotel that is not willing to give even a single extra towel. My conclusion is the housekeepers on the 6 th floor are such pain in the neck as opposed to the really nice ones on the 9th floor. When they finally delivered the towels, a housekeeper came pressing the bell and knocking like there's no tomorrow. Since I had just completed a medical procedure and could only walk at a slow pace, I was very pissed off. I could still keep my cool though and merely said "can you be a little more patient next time?" But all I got was nothing, no reply. She just turned away quicky. How rudeeee!!!!! FYI, I kept paying for my stay in advance and in cash. There was even an instance when they said they didnt have a change for me and told me to claim for it when I check out. Wowww, it's the first time that a hotel owes me. Shouldn't it be the other way around? I had actually been quite pleased during my 2 weeks stay and the front desk guy, Admie, was very helpful and accomodating. However, the housekeepers on the 6 th floor have really suceeded in ruining the whole experience.

• Stayed February 2014
2 Thank Hanurs

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (60)
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Manila, Philippines
Reviewed March 5, 2014

We were booked here since the office was a mere 5-minute walk via the building connectors. It is directly linked to a mall complex which was pretty convenient. There's also an Ikea nearby.
The breakfast buffet was also just ok. Normal selection of fruits and pastries and other breakfast items.
We ate at the hotel cafe on our first night. I found the food bland actually. Pricey and not worth it. The staff was helpful but i cant say their service was exemplary. Stayed for 5 days.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
royalebintang, Manager at Royale Chulan The Curve, responded to this review, April 21, 2014
Dear superawesome,
Thank you for choosing to stay with us. We hope to have another opportunity to welcome you back to the hotel soon. Best regards.
Malaysia
Reviewed March 1, 2014

Not our first time at this hotel, and like our previous visit everything was a bit average and the rooms are overpriced. The "Studio Delux" at RM 1,007.00 for two nights (or RM 503/night) is more expensive than 5-star places we have stayed at in Bukit Bintang.

The breakfast was a huge disappointment, as was the case with our previous visit. It appears the "chef" has no idea of menus, and what is on offer are very very cheap selections ( I guess management are watching their costs here).

The room was generally in good condition, but it was a 5-minute wait until the hot water arrived at the shower tap. Initially I called the technician after no hot water after waiting 2-3 minutes, but it seems as if this long wait for hot water is normal and he seemed surprised that we even called him as a 5+ minutes wait did not seem to be an issue he seemed concerned about.

For the price we were paying (RM 503/night), surprised to find that bathrobes were not provided. On a "special request" we were finally provided with bathrobes. Management cutting costs again?

Surprised we were charged for parking. Again in 5-star hotels are lower rates the parking is always included.

Location was good given the reason we were on this business trip.

Have vowed to avoid this hotel in the future, and would rather travel further than choose this hotel based on location only.

Room Tip: Room and floor access key cards can be problematic. Check operation first.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Dear MikeMalaysia,

Thank you for the review which we greatly appreciate it. We assure you the feedback is heard clearly and taken on board to improve it. We look forward to welcome you back then.
Johor Bahru, Malaysia
Reviewed February 7, 2014

Hotel rooms are average at best for a 4 star rating hotel, room cards given lack information and faulty and i need at least 10 minutes to access the lift and room! This morning i had the most pathetic breakfast ever in all my hotel stays in kl which prompt my FIRST ever review here in tripadvisor.

• Stayed February 2014
2 Thank chuujack
royalebintang, Manager at Royale Chulan The Curve, responded to this review, March 10, 2014
Dear chuujack,

We are apologizing for your inconvenience during your stay. We hope you will give us the second chance to serve you again and provide you the positive experience with us. Thank you

Travelers are raving about these Petaling Jaya hotels

Kuching, Malaysia
Reviewed January 28, 2014 via mobile

I've stayed here a few times last year. All I can say is everything is amazing. The staff, the room, the amenities and it is near to all the places that I want to go. This hotel is worth staying. The room service is excellent with delicious food and the staff even remember your name. Overall, this is my favourite hotel to stay in Damansara.

Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
Dear Abby I,

We are so happy to serve you and also meet your expectations. Thank you and please do come back soon!
Kilkenny
Reviewed January 27, 2014

My wife and I are annual visitors to The Royale Bintang The Curve having stayed there 9 successive years for a minimum stay of 2 weeks on each occasion. The fact that we return each year is testimony to the excellent service and attention we find there.

If its location you want, then The Royale Bintang The Curve has it in abundance............you will be shopped out, and socialised out from all the opportunities at your doorstep (literally!!)

If its personalised attention you want , from the moment you arrive at the entrance to the hotel you are made welcomed and cared for .

We regard the Royale Bintang as a "home from home" and highly recommend it!

Our 10 th visit beckons.........surely a "suite" to mark the occasion!!

Forgot to mention the lovely variety of breakfast.........yummy!

Room Tip: The busy night life of the "Street" has a buzz that resonates with younger than us when it...
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Egpos,
It has been a pleasure to serve you as our guest and we are glad to note that you did have a pleasant stay with Royale Bintang. We are happy to be able to meet your expectations! We do hope to see you more often! Thanks.
Johor
Reviewed January 21, 2014

Given this is one of the decent hotel available and situated at a really strategic location , easily access for food and mall, I've chosen this hotel, however, the condition is unsatisfying. the moment i walk into the bath room, I check on the towel, it give me a feel of very old used towel feel, however, thinking that it's a 4 star hotel, i thought it should be clean th look old. I regreted, for not asking for a change, I had skin irritation second day, even th the towel already change, it look the same . As i approach phamarcist asking why could be the cause of the skin irritation, one of the reason suggest is using of unclean towel. Well, th i can't be 100 % sure that is the sole cause, i feel upset. on top of that, the breakfast choice is truly limited, they only have very very extremely basic food like, some toast, porridge, normal scramble eggs, little bit of fruits. fried noodles,.It gives me a feel that i was walking in to a malay mamak stall. It has no difference if i choose to stay in any boutique hotel nearby which only cost me 1/3 or less of the price i pay,yet getting such level of treatment. total disappointment. In short ,I regretted for insist to stay in this hotel.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Dear Johor_Mari

Please accept our sincere apologies. We recognise that cleanliness is a basic requirement and takes great pains to ensure our guests experience the most hygienic and clean environment. We regret that we didn’t meet your expectations. Thank you for sharing your experience with us.