“I will not return.”

Royale Chulan The Curve
Ranked #25 of 45 Hotels in Petaling Jaya
“I will not return.”
Reviewed April 15, 2013 via mobile

I stayed here for one night in April in a family room. The rooms are in a bad shape. The carpets are badly worn. The tv remotes on both tvs do not work. There is mold in the bath and also mold in the drinking cups which pose a serious health issue. Good location as it is close to the shopping centre

• Stayed April 2013
2 Thank Chrisgoldc
royalebintang, Manager at Royale Chulan The Curve, responded to this review, July 21, 2013
Dear Chrisgoldc

Your comments are well received and we have taken note the whole situation of your unfortunate encounters. I regret that your experience did not meet your expectations; please allow me to express my sincerest apologies. We are sure you will notice our commitment to world class service during your next stay with us! Would you kindly contact me at royalebintang@gmail.com so that I can personally assure you that there will not be such encounters the next time when you visit our hotel.

Thanks

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (60)
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Penang Island, Malaysia
Reviewed April 6, 2013

It was a short stay (8pm-8am) in TRBTC.
The check-in was efficient (probably we are the only group at that time and I've done advance group booking).
I not aware of any fitness or swimming pool facilities (may be they do exist, just because of my short stay, I not keen to explore much). However, the cineplex, shopping and furniture mall linked are enough to kill of most of your leisure time.
I did rent a SUV and spent my dinner in New Paris, my all time favorite in Petaling Jaya. The transportation is convenient but limited choice, meaning, call for a cab.
The room size is slight under expectation. Perhaps higher class will have greater space, I assume. What delighted me was, there's a BOLSTER! It enhanced my sleep quality. That's why I rated it at max.
The breakfast was in small scale but scrumptious. Do not be shocked by the limited indoor space when you stepped into the dining area. There's a open-air smoking zone out there.
Overall the hotel is doing good especially for shop-til-ya-drop.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
royalebintang, Public Relations Manager at Royale Chulan The Curve, responded to this review, July 22, 2013
Dear Hs_Yeoh84

Thank you for staying with us during your recent trip. We are glad to note that you did have a pleasant stay with Royale Bintang. We are happy to be able to meet your expectations! We do hope to see you more often! Please do contact me at royalebintang@gmail.com when you next stay with us. Thank you
Maidstone, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 29, 2013

9 days business stay in KL - stayed at the relatively new Royale Bintang Damansara - away from KL city centre but good for moving around KL and surrounding areas. Hotel facilities OK but added bonus of being in the centre of the Curve shopping area with lots of restaurants and bars. Newly opened Spa very good value for money with 60 mins massages from 100 MYR only. Rooms spacious, very clean and nightly rate good value for money.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
royalebintang, Manager at Royale Chulan The Curve, responded to this review, July 22, 2013
Dear Trevor S,

Cherating, Malaysia
Reviewed March 12, 2013

Despite a few negative reviews we decided to stay at this hotel. Very good location, near to shops, cinema and restaurants; I could recommend the Assam Pedas and Marche. Big family room and clean. Nothing bad with the standard breakfast. The reception were very kind to let us check-in 3 hours early! We will come back again.

Room Tip: Family room
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank russel1409
royalebintang, Manager at Royale Chulan The Curve, responded to this review, July 23, 2013
Dear Sabasyioyaki

Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed March 10, 2013

We were there for Chinese New Year. We were very happy with our choice of hotels. We found the staff very friendly & helpful. We ordered fresh towels they arrived very promptly ordered room service it also was very prompt. I read some reviews just before we left for our holiday and they were all terrible. I thought we had made a huge mistake. But all our worries were unfounded. We had a great time. The position was perfect being in the middle of a shopping centre. The breakfast was very good they had a chef on the terrace making fresh rotti ,omelettes & eggs to order. The western breakfast in the hot box though was plentiful was not great, but then why would you go to Malaysia to eat a hash brown. There were also many places around the hotel to eat, we would not normally eat at the hotel we like to get out & about in it but the hotel included it. I would definitely stay here again. I think sometimes people only write reviews when something has gone wrong which tends to make you a little bitter. That's why I'm writing a positive review.

Room Tip: Choose a room that overlooks the pool area
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Sally-Jane4412

thanks
Butterworth, Malaysia
Reviewed March 3, 2013

I've been staying at this hotel for countless times since few years back. Love it for the good location. The first few stays were good i.e. comfy & the most important good services, but the most recent stay was horrible.

1. It all began from the rooms reservation made from the online website. I decided to make some changes to the rooms after that by calling them few times but they were not of help at all, rude & didn't have much knowledge on how to tackle my problem until I was told to e-mail them and this was then solved by DirectWithHotels professionally, who is handling their online reservation.

2. Rooms look very old. Wallpapers peeling off, dirty stains on the wallpapers & floor, vandalism found on the door & internet socket came off the wall without being fixed.

3. Breakfast's standard getting worse and lesser choice this time. You can see the santan was not well-mixed with the rice for nasi lemak, bacon was too dry & hard, etc. 2-3 staff were walking around but nobody pick up the empty plates until we started to remove our own empty plates then only they came to assist.

4. 8-10th floors are non-smoking floors but you still can smell the smoke along the corridor. Worse, well asleep around 5.30am but awoke by the sound of fire alarm triggered at 9th floor and somebody banging on the doors. Checked with the staff in the morning & found out that somebody smoke at 9th floor and triggered the alarm. No ideas who was banging on the doors.

5. Housekeeping service was terrible too. My sis was taking a short nap in her room around 10.30 am before checking out and turned on "Do Not Disturb" mode but was being disturbed by the bell rung by the housekeeper. They were quite loud too while doing room cleaning as you can even hear them banging the door from next room.

I'm wondering how can they maintain their 4-Star Status while all these are not improved.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank chyeo
Dear chyeo,

Your comments are well received and we have taken note the whole situation of your unfortunate encounters. Rest assured that corrective action is being taken to improve the service and to train our staff to be more pro-active in addressing to our guests’ requests such as yours. I regret that your experience did not meet your expectations; please allow me to express my sincerest apologies. We are sure you will notice our commitment to world class service during your next stay with us! Would you kindly contact me at royalebintang@gmail.com so that I can personally assure you that there will not be such encounters the next time when you visit our hotel.

Travelers are raving about these Petaling Jaya hotels

KL
Reviewed February 10, 2013

I have to agree with many reviewers after staying here for one night.
I don't think it's worth staying here. As a muslim, I need to pray and carpet in my room is not clean. Though I use prayer mat but quite surprise to look at this new hotel( considered new if it's less than 10 year old). It's not well maintained. Good side, it's very near to The Curve shopping mall and Kidzania. Only reason I stayed here because we went to Kidzania which was opened last year. Nothing fancy on the breakfast menu.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Dear SuzKL

Thank you for staying with us during your recent trip. We take note that the services of our hotel did not meet up with your expectations. Please accept our sincere apologies. We recognises that cleanliness is a basic requirement and takes great pains to ensure our Guests experience the most hygienic and clean environment.
We regret the inconvenience faced by you and understand that it must be very upsetting for you. We are taking immediate action to correct the position and also to ensure that such a lapse does not occur again. We are sure you will notice our commitment to world class service during your next stay with us!