“bedbugs and termites”

Shah's Village Hotel
Shah's Village Hotel
Ranked #44 of 50 Hotels in Petaling Jaya
Reviewed May 30, 2012

yup, bedbugs i had too in two rooms on 1st floor but the third room on 2nd floor i am currently occupying, has termites! never never come here again..

Room Tip: lift up the pillows and you will see the bedbugs running around...
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business
4  Thank ganung_traveller

Reviewed February 11, 2012

I spent one night at Shah's and the next morning I had these bites in a string up my legs and on my chest. The room disgusting and dirty. Do NOT stay here if you value your health.

Room Tip: Do not stay here. Filthy.
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled on business
5  Thank WandererAllOver
Reviewed January 6, 2012

Was here on a 3 day company trip. Shah's is located 5 minutes walk from trainstation which will bring you to KLCC in about 25 mins for 2,10 RM. Also next to a mall with some great and cheap food-outlets in it, and Giant supermarket, good for the groceries. The A&W fastfood restaurant I didn't try, as the mall has better options.

Very friendly staff at the reception, breakfast not spectacular but plenty full, beds comfi with basic amenities, rooms clean but bathrooms could need a bit TLC in terms of mold removal etc.

Be aware of mosquitos, I bought some Baigon spray at the mall for my convenience, don't know where they came from but fist night eaten alive!

All together pleasant stay away from the city hustle and bustle, however very conveniently located close to the trainstation and a shopping mall. Quiet and decent rest at night so recommended!

Room Tip: take first floor rooms close to the stairs for wifi in the room
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed August 11, 2011

a bad experience with a rude staff..do not judge the hotel's guest by looking at their appearance..the way they communicate with the guest is very rude and it was so embarrassing...i will not to come that hotel again..blacklisted..be polite with ur guest and try make ur guest happy with the service provided..

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled on business
8  Thank norze
Reviewed January 9, 2011

Nice hotel, friendly staff, clean rooms, excellent location.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled with friends
1  Thank DrTraveller83
Reviewed November 6, 2010

Location was OK. 2 min walk to an A&W fast food restaurant, 5 min walk to a train station (if you don't mind climbing stairs), and 10 min walk to a small (by KL standards) shopping centre.

There's a pool in the centre of the building with some nice outdoor decor, though a little bit tacky. The first night we stayed we were in two adjoining rooms (with a connecting internal door). Bathrooms were functional, but some mould was growing in the ceiling of one of the bathrooms and the floor was wet due to the hose (next to the toilet) leaking. Beds were neat and comfortable but our sleep was interrupted; we could hear dance music with heavy bass playing through the night from some nearby club. This was a ground-level pair of rooms, and there were cars and scooters parked right outside our window, within a metre of the glass. If that doesn't bother you then OK, but we kept the curtains shut. We changed rooms after the first night. Second pair of rooms was upstairs and though they didn't have the shared internal door, they were of a higher standard than the previous rooms. No mould, and it was quiet during the night (though maybe that's because the club wasn't playing any music that night?).

Staff were pleasant. Accomodated our requests to change rooms without hassle and were very nice people.

There's apparently WiFi internet access throughout the building, though at the time we didn't have any gadgets to test it. We did not trust the lone computer near reception, however, as the out-of-date antivirus installed had already detected multiple viruses on the system. Oh, and there were drops of water slowly dripping from the ceiling to within a few centimetres of the power cables...

Overall, the place needs a bit of work. It's like they're beginning to let it slide into disrepair, though it's not quite bad enough to put us off completely. Will recommend it as the staff were so nice but next time we'll ask for second (or third) floor rooms from the get go.

• Stayed: September 2010
2  Thank Anonymous065
Reviewed September 28, 2010

The Shah Village Hotel is without a doubt the worst hotel I have ever been unfortunate enough to stay in. I booked the hotel in advance via their website and paid a holding deposit. When I arrived at the hotel the reception staff had no record of my booking and tried to charge me a different rate to the one secured under my booking. Fortunately I had printed off my confirmation to take with me. After resolving this issue, I tried to pay by credit card, but the receptionist, Priscilla, told me that my card had been declined, so I tried it for a second time. Again, I was told the card had been declined. In the end we were told we would have to pay cash for the room, which we begrudgingly did. When we went up to our room it was filthy. The room had not been cleaned since the last guests had stayed; the bed was dirty and unmade, the teacups still had tea in them and the shower had hair in it. They gave us a new room which was clean enough, but still not ideal. Halfway through the night the fridge started making an incredibly loud buzzing sound, we had to complain to reception at half past 4 in the morning. We stayed the remaining 2 nights and checked out. A couple of days later I checked my credit card bill - I had been charged twice on my card as well as the cash we paid. It was impossible to get any sense out of the reception staff. We finally got hold of the hotel accountant who told us that they did not have the ability to refund credit cards, and that he would have to give me a local cheque. As a UK resident I obviously do not have a local account.. In the end we agreed the hotel would withdraw cash and give to one of our family members who fortunately lives in KL. As an international visitor this is completely unacceptable practice. I would never recommend this hotel to anybody. Cleanliness, value for money, and most of all, service, were all well below what I would expect of the most budget of hotels. AVOID AT ALL COSTS.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple
Best Western Petaling Jaya
Best Western Petaling Jaya
#11 of 50 in Petaling Jaya
Sovotel Boutique Hotel at Uptown 101
Sovotel Boutique Hotel at Uptown...
#16 of 50 in Petaling Jaya
Hotel Armada Petaling Jaya
Hotel Armada Petaling Jaya
#10 of 50 in Petaling Jaya

Been to Shah's Village Hotel? Share your experiences!