“Dissappointing”

Johnny Rockets
Ranked #1,005 of 1,358 Restaurants in Petaling Jaya
Cuisines: American, Diner, Fast Food
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Brunch, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Waitstaff
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
“Dissappointing”
Reviewed November 11, 2013

My expectation of this first ever JR in Malaysia is to be at par with similar or almost similar type of American diner found locally e.g. Chillis or TGIF. How wrong I was. Obviously, from the shiny menu, the forte of this restaurant are their burgers and milkshakes. I ordered the Route 66 and chose the option of onion rings instead of fries. And guess how many onion rings I got on the plate? Four. Yes just 4, cold and out of shape onion rings. Don't they know that 4 isn't exactly a nice number in this part of the world? They might as well slip me a brochures of custom-made caskets. And the bread or buns - they're like those buns from a roadside burger ramly (no offense to burger ramly - they taste much better than JR). The milkshakes are way too sweet. God knows if they bought a sugar mill as part of their expansion strategy here. I requested a glass of warm water to prevent myself from dying of diabetes and guess what? 'No warm water here Sir, but we do have bottled water'. I'm sorry i just don't believe in bottled water - from the greedy corporations that manufactures them to the pollution plastic bottles contributed to the environment after they are discarded. Wait - JR just doesn't care about that, do they? Wow. considering that water is free in this state of Selangor. I have never been refused of help that a glass of water could provide from Chillis or TGIF. Two tasteless burgers, kids meals and 2 milkshakes. Total cost? RM135. Worth it? Obviously not. All I can say that was my first and last visit to Johnny Rockets Malaysia.

• Visited November 2013