“Pearl stay”

Ranked #10 of 45 Hotels in Petaling Jaya
Subang Jaya, Malaysia
“Pearl stay”
Reviewed September 8, 2013 via mobile

Some time ago, I had the opportunity to stay at this hotel for five days. Actually it was purely business as I was one of many who marked examination papers. As such I was in my room most of the time. At nights, after my day's work, I used to go to the lobby area to have a beer and watch and listen to the the singer.

The room was clean and I was lucky to have a room to myself. It was just nice. A very quiet place to do my work. The bathroom was clean. I actually enjoyed working at the table as I would take my breaks and go downstairs to stretch.

The food was great. I ate during my breaks. A good hotel to stay at. However, everything was paid for so I'm unable to say how much evening cost. I guess the cost would have been like other good hotels. I brought my family to stay with me on the last day. We enjoyed the stay albeit for two days and one night. It was a pleasant stay.

Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
4 Thank sadee_raghavan
PR_Hotel_Armada, Public Relations Manager at Hotel Armada Petaling Jaya, responded to this review, September 22, 2013
Greetings sadee_raghavan!

Thank you for your kind review and the great feedback on your delightful stay.

We are truly glad you have enjoyed the facilites the hotel has to offer and brought your family along to share your positive stay experience.

We look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you and your family back again in the near future.

Sharon K

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (62)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Port Moresby, National Capital, Papua New Guinea
Reviewed August 29, 2013

This was a business trip to attend a technical / sales seminar arranged by a supplier. As business hotels goes the Armada was quite good but looking a bit tired. The rooms were ok and importantly the bed was very comfortable. The bathroom was pretty good and I was impressed with the large shower setup...enough room for a party! Most of the meals that I had in the hotel were Asian food, buffet style with plenty of choices and quality of food was good. The Merchant Pub bar in the hotel is a nice place to relax at the end of the day and had live music which is a bonus. Overall a comfortable, affordable business hotel in PJ.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
PR_Hotel_Armada, Public Relations Manager at Hotel Armada Petaling Jaya, responded to this review, September 5, 2013
Greetings Jim M!

Thank you for your appreciative words and the great feedback on your delightful stay experience.

Your positive feedback will most definitely be shared with the team and we are most happy to have delivered your expectations.

Naturally, we look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back again in the near future.

Reviewed August 29, 2013

The rooms were clean and the service was outstanding. When I arrived I could not find a power outlet to plug in my C-pap machine and they were prompt in providing an extension cord. One item that stood out was the water pressure in the shower was very good. The staff was friendly and courteous at all times. The train station was within a short distance of the hotel. I would stay there again and recommend this hotel to anyone who was considering staying in Petaling Jaya.

• Stayed August 2013
Greetings Traveldav!

Our sincere thanks for your sincere words and a great pleasure to receive such positive feedback.

We will most certainly share your gracious compliments with our team who will be delighted to have delivered your expectations and will most certainly inspire and motivate our team to continue giving their best to consistently meet or exceed guest expectations.

Together with the team, we look forward to welcome you back again in the near future.

Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed August 25, 2013

First time to say at the hotel - and definately the last! Hardly 3 star standard. The lighting controls are broken and I doubt that maintenance can fix. The place next door is run down and not maintained. I'm sure there are far better hotels in PJ and KL.

The web pictures really don't tell the true story.

Room Tip: Don't book
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback. Your valuable comments will definitely assist us in improving and maintaining the quality of our services and standards.

We have taken in your comments and are pleased to inform that the hotel is currently undergoing renovations to deliver a newer and more updated product which is being done phase by phase and is expected to complete end 2014.

We deeply regret to have fallen short of your expectations and hope you will allow us another opportunity to serve you better and as such, we would appreciate it if you can provide us with your contact details by email to pr@armada.com.my or you may contact our Director of Sales, Gina Chan directly at gina@armada.com.my.

Travelers are raving about these Petaling Jaya hotels

Bengaluru, India
Reviewed August 19, 2013

Armada is a good place to stay at Petaling Jaya,Kuala Lumbur. I had stayed here for 23 Days for Business Trip over here to Malaysia.I have enjoyed the time spent at Armada.Hotel is located closer to MRT and a few minutes walk to the station,so its easy to travel other part of Kuala Lumbur. Service is good & staffs are very kind & co-operative.Here I have to mention about Ramesh young & energetic Manager of Armada,who is always kind & very co-operative to Guest who stays over there to make it pleasant stay.One thing i felt missing is complimentary lundary facility for the guest who stays over for a month or more,if the management is going to look into it & work on it could be a better service to the guest who stays over here. Its worth of money to stay at Armada.

Greetings Shanmugam83!

We truly appreciate your satisfaction towards our accommodation, services and facilities. We have however noted on your feedback regarding complimentary laundry and will try and consider this possibility for long term stay guests in the future.

Our team especially Ramesh were very grateful for your kind comments which most definitely helps inspire the team to continuosly provide friendly, courteous and professional service to all our guests.

We hope to welcome you again on your next business trip.

Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed August 9, 2013

I had been staying in this hotel several times due to it proximity to my Malaysia office. Overall the room is big and clean, except not much bathroom amenities for deluxe room. I used to have hot and strong water pressure showers in any allocated rooms to me previously, but not this time in room 1511. The water pressure is weak and water took very long time to heat up. Not much TV channels to watch too. The breakfast is still very good with many varieties. The front desk staffs and concierges are helpful and courteous.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
PR_Hotel_Armada, Public Relations Manager at Hotel Armada Petaling Jaya, responded to this review, August 15, 2013
Greetings keecheng!

Thank you for your continued support of Armada Petaling Jaya and for taking the time to provide us with your feedback. Your valuable comments will definitely assist us in improving and maintaining the quality of our services and standards.

We have taken note of your comments regarding the shower and hot water and forwarded to the respective department to look into.

As for the service you received from our Front Office Team and quality of breakfast, we thank you for your complimentary words and will be sure to share them with the team.

We look forward to welcoming you back.

Kochi
Reviewed August 6, 2013

Stayed there for a day n half. Right from check-in to check out the service was amazing. The facilities, the room and above all the staff was wonderful. It is worth every penny spent. I think the next time i visit KL i would definitely stay there. Located right opp Hilton at petaling jaya. A near by metro station makes accessibility better.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Greetings Yadhiraj!

Thank you so much for such a glowing review! Our team would be very pleased and grateful to hear of your wonderful experience here with us.

We hope to welcome you back should travel plans bring you back to Kuala Lumpur.