Hotel Armada Petaling Jaya
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Restaurant
Sunrise Hotel(Petaling Jaya)
View Hotel
Shah's Village Hotel(Petaling Jaya)
  • Pool
PJ-Luxe Boutique Hotel(Petaling Jaya)
View Hotel
All reviewslrt stationrenovated roomfree internetcomfortable stayhotel is situatedroti canaiwestern foodroom service isconvenient locationcomfortable hotelcoffee housepj areaenjoyed my staybreakfast buffet ischinese restauranthotel staffnice room
FilterAll languages
Reviewed February 21, 2012

I stayed in Armada for my business trip attending a course just across the hotel. This is an old hotel so I didn't expect much but luckily the room has been renovated.
Car park is okay but if you are a female walking around the hotel alone, some people will just stare at you, don't understand what is the reason. Felt quite uncomfortable with that.
The breakfast area can be improved. I was with my colleagues and even we were there at 8am, it was crowded and a lot of tables were not being cleaned. We have to ask the waiters/waitresses to get the utensils. The staffs have to be trained to clean and set up tables immediately because there are not much tables available.
During the first night, I could heard people slamming the door in the middle of the night and could even heard some sound from next door. Maybe the sound proof is not good enough. That actually disturbed my sleep.
The toilet bowl is having problem where we have to complaint twice.
Overall, it's okay if you are not choosy.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled on business
PR_Hotel_Armada, Public Relations Manager at Hotel Armada Petaling Jaya, responded to this reviewResponded March 14, 2012

Greetings from Hotel Armad Petaling Jaya

Thank you feedback. We regret for the inconveniences that you have experienced during your stay at the Hotel.

The Management is dedicated to provide the untmost comfort and hospitality to our guests. The matters are being looked into, and, we are curently looking into the best possible way to increase the level of sound proof in the guestrooms level.

We are currently completing the room renovation works at our Executive Floors. According to the plan, other areas would be looked into as well, once this is over.

Thank you and have a nice day.

Reviewed January 30, 2012

My husband and i stayed here with our 14 month toddler recently (28/1/2012). The hotel charges are pretty high and on par with hilton which is just down the road. We were unaware that this hotel does not have a swimming pool. Its quite absurd for a hotel in this age and price range to not have a pool! My daughter was so dissapointed. Also the bathrooms are ancient without a bath tub. And only a shower head fixed to the wall, no mobile shower at all.. imagine bathing a toddler with water pouring from above! It was absolutely terrible and not at all chilkd friendly. The service was efficient but if you are going as a family, do not stay here. Its not worth it.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed January 23, 2012

If you are looking for a 5Star hotel for 3star price,then this is the hotel for you.Located in a beautiful part of Petaling Jaya , Kuala lumpur.-good eating places, good transport system .The rooms are clean, reception staff very polite, kind and very efficient and service with a smile.Breakfast is average could be better.

Room Tip: Speak the reception staff of your choice they will give the best available rooms. Rooms sometimes noisy in level 7
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank 221joseph
Reviewed December 24, 2011

I was a regular guest at the Hotel Armada over more than three years, when visiting Kuala Lumpur from my work at a university in East Malaysia. Standards at this establishment are consistently high, ranging from the bargain price buffet breakfast with its wide choice to house-keeping which always managed to make up my room in the morning as I asked. As other reviewers have observed, the hotel is well-placed across the road from the high speed rail station for a quick trip into central KL, and within walking distance of diverse shops in Section 14. The only issue I found with the Armada is that its high standards make some other Malaysian hotels I have stayed in seem so uncomfortable. See my reviews for details!

Room Tip: Choose a room - some floors are non-smoking - near the top of this tall building so you can look down on the Hilton Hotel located across the Federal Highway below :)
  • Stayed: July 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank SungeiSarawak
Reviewed December 8, 2011

Wonderful customer service. Staff very friendly and helpful. Good food and excellent breakfast choice. Special mention for Razal who was an absolute gentleman throughout our stay and nothing too much trouble. Only negative was could not get alcohol until after 4pm.

Room Tip: Rooms on 11th or 13th floor bigger and smoking welcome on 13th floor
  • Stayed: November 2011, traveled with friends