On all my previous trips to KL, I’ve always stayed in another hotel located in the “Golden Triangle” area; in the middle of all the action. This is my first time at Sunway and although first reluctantly, I must say that I’ve enjoyed it.
Many amenities here; the hotel adjoins to a mall so it’s quite convenient during rainy season; don't have to get wet while going out to dinner. There are numerous restaurants just a few steps away. The mall even has a bowling alley, archery and an ice skating ring.
My room was very clean and quite comfortable with an overlook of the artificial lagoon. It included HD TV, mini fridge (no bar), ample of square footage, security safe, fresh linens daily etc… I only wish it had drawers for clothes (closet with a shelf only), but got used to it after a week.
The arranged rate (~250MYR) included free morning buffet (nice selection of western, asian and indian), free internet service (average speed as far as the region goes).
The staff was friendly, polite and helpful. I was quite happy they were able to extend my stay on last the day as when requested few days prior, the hotel was fully booked.
Location being away from center KL it’s probably not the hotel for a tourist or a first time visitor (unless instead of sight seeing you prefer water recreation at the lagoon). I give it thumbs up for a business trip, especially for people in my situation; been here many times earlier, already seen and did all the city attractions and just want a quiet enjoyable stay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The newly renovated Sunway Pyramid Hotel features 564 Deluxe guestrooms and suites, incorporating new category of family rooms and suites. Guests staying at Sunway Pyramid Hotel have direct access to the leisure facilities available at Sunway Resort Hotel & Spa, which includes the free-form landscape swimming pool and the fitness centre. Strategically located in a bustling suburb of Kuala Lumpur, the Sunway Pyramid Hotel is 35 minutes from Kuala Lumpur International Airport and 25 minutes from the city centre. The hotel forms part of the iconic integrated development Sunway City, a multi-award winning destination that offers a cluster of three (3) hotels with a total of 1,433 guestrooms, suites and pool villas, a theme park and shopping mall. Sunway Pyramid Hotel also features 21 purpose-built family rooms and suites, designed to accommodate an increase in family and leisure travelers to Sunway City. The Family Room is suitable for those travelling with young children for its vibrant interiors and a bunk bed. Whereas the new Family Suite, are amongst the Hotel’s largest rooms offering comfortable spaces, with added extras like two (2) bathrooms, a mini refrigerator, a microwave and bedding options for up to six (6) persons. Guests staying at Sunway Pyramid Hotel will be spoilt for choice when it comes to the extensive food and beverage available in the hotel and choices which are just steps away. At Sunway Pyramid Hotel, located at the hotel’s lobby level is Taste Enclave offering an exciting culinary landscape of 11 specially-selected food eateries and three mini restaurants. For those on-the-go or looking for a quick bite, Kaffeinate is located at the hotel’s main lobby, serves freshly brewed gourmet coffees, specialty teas and a range of light snacks. Alternatively, venture into Sunway Pyramid shopping mall for over 170 food and beverage choices. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Orbitz, Booking.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Ctrip TA, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Sunway Pyramid Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Pyramid Tower Hotel At Sunway Lagoon Petaling Jaya
- Pyramid Hotel At Sunway Lagoon