“Fruitbase soup; Interesting & Delicious!!”
Review of Fruitaste

Fruitaste
Ranked #1,026 of 1,615 Restaurants in Petaling Jaya
Cuisines: Malaysian
Reviewed June 18, 2013

Just last weekend, my husband decided to take me to a new place for dinner. He suggested a steamboat place that serves fruit-base soup. WOW!! I'm all game for it because kinda bored with the usual tom-yam or clear soup based steamboat. We called 2 friends along so that we can order more food.
If you are familiar with kota damansara area, this restaurant is located on the same row as the Taiwanese dessert; Snowflake and directly opposite a bakery called Hokkaido. Parking can be difficult as there are many F&B businesses along this street.

Was expecting to a pungent smell from the restaurant (it is air-conditioned) once the door is opened but to my surprise, there's no smell! I always had to take a bath whenever I return from steamboat dinners because of the smell & sweat (outdoor seating). I don't have to any longer! Fyi, there's still the tom yam soup & clear soup base available on the menu.
We ordered a pork set (RM39.90) for 2 persons and the rest we ordered ala-carte dishes on the menu. There's also a squid set, prawn set & fish set available (price varies between RM30-RM39.90; if I can remember correctly). A MUST order is the minced pork roll!! Oh, and the chilli, is AMAZING!! The bill came to approx RM110 for 4 persons including 2 fruit juices & 4 cups of water. I think the price is reasonable.
For those who loves desserts, this place serves unique fruit-base desserts which we didn't get to try because it needs to be ordered a day in advance.

One downside is that sets available are for min. 2 pax and it is not flexible if I wanted to order a set for 3 persons.