“High tea”
Review of Bayu Timur

Bayu Timur
Ranked #201 of 1,767 Restaurants in Petaling Jaya
Reviewed April 21, 2018 via mobile

Average high tea session .
Reasonably good Nyonya Kuih but tea Tarik needs a lot of improvement.
The lamb was average too.

Date of visit: April 2018

Reviewed September 20, 2017 via mobile

I some visitors there for lunch as it one of the few restaurants in Taman Megah that has air conditioning in a unique setting. Ordered the supposedly famous rojak which was just so so; not as nice as before, and a few set lunches. Food is nothing flash. Average but slightly pricey.

Date of visit: September 2017
Reviewed August 25, 2017

Decided to try this place recently after reading about it here. Wasn't quite sure what I would find. What I found was a quirky place that challenges you to connect to it. This is a task made much easier by the very first dish I ordered there: fried mee siam. It was to my surprise so tasty that I relished every mouthful I took, two days in a row! I am planning to keep going back to try its other dishes.

Date of visit: August 2017
Reviewed July 13, 2017

We went there for lunch. The service was very bad. Seated for quite a while and no one brought the menu. After we requested, the menu only then sent to us. The nyonya laksa had no taste, really bad. Vietnamese beef noodles as you can see in photo, only 3 beef balls and 3 slices of beef and a few mint leaves....Nothing else, not even basil leaves or bean sprout ! Rojak was the only thing we found good in this restaurant. The other food like Sarawak laksa which my friend ordered was so so. The atmosphere was good, furniture are very balinese style and its a good place for chit chat and gathering.

Date of visit: July 2017
Reviewed May 30, 2017 via mobile

Revisited this place for a tea time chat with my business partner. Ordered one of the tea sets comprising some local cakes. Portions were small. Atmosphere was great but drats! It had a Rat! A big one tooo! We told the workers who just chased it under the chair. I dread to know the rest.

Date of visit: May 2017