“Excellent service”

Royale Chulan Damansara
Ranked #8 of 48 Hotels in Petaling Jaya
Reviewed January 22, 2014

I really did enjoy my stay here in Royale Chulan Damansara. Upon check in, I was greeted warmly by the desk staffs and was checked in efficiently. The room that I checked into was really clean and tidy, and the beds were comfy too. Overall, I was happy for the first few hours. But it was a bad timing for my stay because they was going to have a maintenance on the supply of electricity on that day. I did received several notices for the maintenance, but i did not have the specific time for it.
After a i finished a movie near the hotel, I went back to my room. Suddenly, the whole power for my room had a tripped. The tv, air-con and the bathroom lights wasn't working. I then called the management to ask when will the air-con and the bathroom lights be switch back on. They told me the lights will be on in about 30 minutes and the air-con will be on in about 2 hours time.After I waited about 30 minutes, the lights wasn't back on. I then went down to the reception desk and ask them when will it the lights be back on. They then told me it will be back on in another 30 minutes so i when back up to my room. After another hot 30 minutes, which was about 1 a.m in the morning. The lights wasn't back on. I went down to the reception again all pissed off because I can't take a shower and there wasn't any air-con. I complained and waited in the lobby(which has air-con) for about 30 minutes. I told myself this will be the last time I'll be talking to the desk staff. That night was my first very night. They then offered me for a 30% reduction for my first night, but i rejected it, it was nothing to me. I then requested for a change of hotel to the sister hotel 'The Royale Bintang Curve'. They did arranged the hotel for us. When we got down form our rooms they prepared a taxi for us.
When we arrived at the hotel, the security 'door man' was really unhelpful with our bags. We need to take it up to the front desk by ourselves. The desk staffs was really kind too when I checked in. We when up our room feeling restless. When I opened the door, there was this weird smell which was really smelly somewhere in our room, but it had disappeared after an hour or two. When I when in to the shower, i noticed that the shower host had cracks and was spraying water out which was really terrible. After my shower, I called the reception and requested to change back to the Royale Chulan Damansara after staying 2 nights in the current hotel because they Royale Chulan will be having maintenance on the next day. About 3 a.m, I could finally rest.When I woke up the next day, I had a really bad back ache, I felt the bed that I was sleeping and it was like rock hard! It was old and the bed sheets was really dirty! Probably I was too tired the night before thats why i did not really notice the cleanliness of the bed. The breakfast was really terrible! There weren't any choices!I was really disappointed in the hotel which I will not spend my time writing a review on it.
After two horrible nights, I was finally checked back in to the previous hotel. I was greeted with smile which i did not pay for. The management was so kind they upgraded me to the club deluxe which is on the 10th floor. They provided us with better amenities and accessibility to the executive club lounge which provides coffee and drinks for the whole day and breakfast and dinner. I did really spend my last four nights happily in the hotel. I was always greeted kindly by the staffs whenever i walk out of the hotel!
What a great hotel that provides excellent service.
Would definitely recommend this hotel!

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
4  Thank Noel L
There are newer reviews for Royale Chulan Damansara

Reviewed January 22, 2014

This was previously known as Royale Bintang Damansara which was easily confused with Royale Bintang the Curve. With a name change due to its recent upgrade to 5-stars, the hotel really provides value for money. Room was spacious and beds were comfortable, even for a standard room. Bathroom without a bath-tub but that is a plus for me as there is more space for the shower room.

Breakfast spread was good but the service staff were not that attentive.

Be sure to ask for a non-smoking floor as for whatever reason, they just dumped me onto the smoking floor. There were ashes on the bathroom floor when we checked into the room! We did not request for a change because apart from that, smoke smell was almost non-existent.

Carpark space is generous and connection to the malls around it make dining and shopping a breeze. We usually stay in this area when we travel to KL for the Kidzania visit. After a long day of pretending to be adults, the kids can unwind in the 2ft wading pool and the adults can dip into the 4ft pool with the infinity view.

The second complaint I have is that every morning at 6.30-7.00, there were motorcycle sounds disturbing our sleep. Management should look into better sound-proofing the rooms facing away from the pool.

Definitely worth considering for future stays.

Room Tip: Rooms facing the pool should be quieter as the ones facing away have strange motorcycle sounds early...
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
TRCDManagement, Manager at Royale Chulan Damansara, responded to this reviewResponded February 3, 2014

Thank you for your feedback. It will definitely help us to improve on our service. Please come back soon and allow us to serve you again.

Reviewed January 18, 2014 via mobile

My wife and I stayed at The Royale Chulan Damansara on 17th Jan 2014.

Plus points:
The lobby is grand looking with high ceiling. Room is spacious with nice bathroom. Nice and comfortable bed. The hotel is surrounded by shopping malls (E-Curves, The Curves, Ikano Power Centre and IKEA) and food streets which you can find various types of restaurants. The hotel is equipped with infinity pool and ice skating rink.

Minus Points:
Access to the hotel is troublesome. No public transport or shuttle bus service by the hotel. However, there is a free shuttle bus that at 1.5hrs interval from Ikano Power Centre to LRT.

The buffet breakfast not much choices and the taste is not that great.

Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 14, 2014

We stayed a night on 13/1/14 however was a bad timing as the Hotel was undergoing some repair on the supply of the electricity and our air-conditioner run down during midnight, which is pretty hot on the night itself. The TV, light in the washroom, wifi and some plug were not functional which made me felt disappointed during the stay - a little suggestion to the management of the hotel, you may reduce the room rate or give some souvenirs to the customer who stayed during the period as we really cant enjoy the facilities of the room yet we paid so much for the room.

The room is big, their King size Bed and the pillows are so comfortable which add 10 point for the stay. The washroom are so big with a rain shower and no bathtub for club floor T.T. Location is good as its only 3 min walk to e-Curve with a bridge link and 8min to Ikea, another 10 point for the hotel.

We had our breakfast in the hotel and they provide buffer style breakfast, honestly compare with Royale Chulan in KL (near Pavilion Shopping Mall) the variety of foods here is lesser but the staffs' attitude are good, which add another 10 points.

Overall from my stay, i think the Hotel consider average among those 5 stars hotels. No harm to give a try and stay at the Hotel as their Bed superb comfortable!

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple

Thank you for your feedback. We are sorry that you had to experience the power supply incident during your stay. For your kind information, the shutdown happened due to the MRT work done near the hotel. Do come back soon, and give us the opportunity to serve you again.

Reviewed January 13, 2014 via mobile

I've been there during my last business trip in KL,i booked this hotel because it's close to my customer's office.
Rooms are very clean and the price is not bad!
Close to the hotel there is a mall and some restaurants. Next time i will book it again.

Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business
Najmah N, Manager at Royale Chulan Damansara, responded to this reviewResponded January 21, 2014

Dear 277AlbertoR,

Thank you so much for your comment.

We appreciate your comment and let us know how you feel.

Thanks

Reviewed January 9, 2014 via mobile

First of all, don't get confused between royal curve and royal chulan damansara. The former is adjacent to the curve while the latter is to e@curve.

I love the ambiance. White dominants the decoration. It's simple yet doesn't look cheap.

Room is comfortable. The view is nothing too spectacular. The toilet is nice with two cubicles for toilet and shower.

Breakfast buffet isn't shabby as there are quite a selection to choose from. The cafe is also beautiful and looks big with natural light from the window.

• Stayed: January 2014

Dear DeeUmar

Thank you so much for staying with us.

Do come back soon. Thanks

Reviewed January 6, 2014 via mobile

I just come back from holiday, b4 this stay at impiana klcc, then go to damansara area and pick this hotel to try their hotel. Wat can i say, feel sad and dont like their customer service style, no good, no welcome heart at their staff, room small but clean n nice.comfortable but no bath tub for club floor !!! Omg !!! Even when i book they said have bath tub ! When ask they said only for wedding ocassion ! What i like is, food ! All nice ! At level 1, the food more variety compare to lounge club. But both also nice n delicious. If u upgrade your customer service way then u complete already. Location also nice, got bridge link to curve damansara. Got ice skating place!

Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
royalebintang, Public Relations Manager at Royale Chulan Damansara, responded to this reviewResponded January 7, 2014

Dear Cik Oreok

On behalf of The Royale Chulan Damansara, we apologize that we did not meet your expectations.

It is due to high occupancy on that particular time.

We hope you can give us second chance to serve you better and we look forward to seeing you soon.

Thanks