“Good reasonable food, green curry is lovely!” 4 of 5 bubbles

Awet Thai Seafood
Ranked #414 of 1,338 Restaurants in Petaling Jaya
Cuisines: Asian, Thai, Seafood
Good for: Families with children, Kids, Large groups
Description: I just want to warn poeple from going to this restaurant. We had been cheated last week going to this restaurant. During ordering, the waitress told us that she estimated about RM50/RM60 max for the prawn tom yam soup. When the bill came it was RM108 !. She claimed that she had explained in detail but the details about how much the prawns cost each was never mentioned earlier. The supervisor came and after listening to our explaination still came back to ask us to pay with reason that he has punch in the bill and it cannot be changed. This is the first time I come across such hostility at a restaurant. Never again.
Petaling Jaya, Malaysia
“Good reasonable food, green curry is lovely!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 21, 2013

My friends and I visited Awet Thai in Kg Kayu Ara branch just before Christmas, 20 Dec'12 for lunch, there weren't many tables occupied during lunch. We ordered a bowl of tom yam seafood(RM10), stir fry kailan(RM15), deep fried fish cake(RM17.50 for 5pcs) & green curry chicken(RM18) and the bill came up to about RM74 for 3 of us including drinks. We had more than enough food to eat, I love the green curry, it's thick and very flavourful. Even the tom yam soup was equally good, spicyness is just nice for me. I would come back again and recommend to my friends to visit. You may check out their menu at: http://awetthai.com/category/awet-thai-seafood/awet-thai-seafood-menu/

• Visited December 2012

Kuala Lumpur
“This is a cut throat restaurant”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 23, 2012

There were 8 of us. We asked how much would a Tom Yam with prawns cost. The lady who took the order said it's about RM40 to RM50 the most. When the bill came, the Tom Yam alone cost RM108. When we asked for clarification, the lady started to give her justification that a prawn cost RM9/100g and each prawn weights about 300g. So each prawn is about RM27 and there must have been 4 prawns because there were 8 of us. Sounded logic right ?
But these explaination never took place when we ordered. She just said about RM50. Now all of a sudden, all these justification come in. Since my friend has already given his credit card to charge, the captain said they can't reverse the charge and insisted that we pay.
This is daylight robbery. I heard of such restaurants in other countries but never in Malaysia. So looks like this is the first one.
Well, they can go ahead and cheat us, but their cheating will definitely not go as far as our emails, sms, facebooks, networking etc go.
Keep up the good job but trust me, we continue till today to warn everyone we know to stop going to this restaurant.
Even RM50 for a tom yam is expensive but we were willing to pay but not RM108 !!

• Visited April 2012
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
18 Thank jerrylowyl
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
“One o the best authentic Thai restaurants in town! Must try!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 10, 2012 via mobile

Bet you'll be surprised of the good food served here. Signature dishes are pork neck meat, tomyam gung, steam fish with lime, meat platter, etc. Just a reminder for you, sometimes they'll overcharge you on the lemongrass water served, always check your bill.

2 Thank charlottechin