“we were happy with our choice”

Eastin Hotel Kuala Lumpur
Ranked #7 of 45 Hotels in Petaling Jaya
Manila, Philippines
“we were happy with our choice”
Reviewed January 20, 2014

we picked this hotel because of a wedding that was happening nearby. they offered free parking, had an impressive range of tasty breakfast options and they offered to upsell/upgrade us for just RM20++ per night which worked out nicely. we took that option and were pleased with the much bigger room we ended up in. we checked in a bit earlier than they might have liked - around 11am but we were happy that the room was ready. we found it a bit strange that within the first 2 hours, we had 2 hotel staff knocking on our door to do random things like change our shower head and check the minibar. it was a bit annoying given that we had just arrived after a 4-5 hour drive and just wanted a bit of a rest before we were meant to head out again. i think if they say the room is 'ready', it should be actually ready and not have last minute things that werent done yet. i do appreciate the room being ready ahead of check in time, it was just a bit annoying when we wanted a rest. i got the feeling most of the hotel had been renovated which was nice to see, but they did leave out some (i think) crucial things like the shower head is really old. other than that, it was a good stay and we might even stay again.

Room Tip: go for the upsell if they offer it to you!
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Jane S, General Manager at Eastin Hotel Kuala Lumpur, responded to this review, February 9, 2014
Dear wanderlust83

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel .

We are delighted to hear that you were happy with your choice of hotel .

I have taken note of your other comments & conveyed the same to our housekeeping and engineering team members so that all precautions are taken to avoid a similar reoccurrence in the future . Please do accept my sincere apologies for the disturbance caused .

May I take this opportunity to wish you well and I look forward to welcoming you back to the Eastin Hotel Petaling Jaya soon.

Jane Suppiah

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (87)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed January 12, 2014

Nothing much to complain about. Rented a room here during my last trip back to KL for a friend's wedding which was held in the hotel. Didn't have any prior booking but just got a room last minute as their room rates per night was less than RM50 extra compared to a day room for the wedding. Room was decently sized and the receptionist was nice enough to put me on the same floor as the bridal suite. Really nothing to complain and nothing to shout about as well. Hotel itself look a little dated but not too bad. 1 extra thing to note, walls seemed a little thin as we could hear people outside in the corridor quite clearly.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Jane S, General Manager at Eastin Hotel Kuala Lumpur, responded to this review, January 15, 2014
Dear kevinleng

Thanks for taking the time to review us on TripAdvisor .

We have taken note of your comments & look forward to welcoming you back to the Eastin Hotel Petaling Jaya soon.

George Town, Malaysia
Reviewed January 12, 2014

I have stayed at this hotel before a little over 10 years ago (in 2003), and back then I was already impressed with the overall quality and service provided by the hotel. During my one-night stopover in PJ with my family, I decided to opt for this hotel again. And true enough, it still lived up to its name as one of the most reputable hotels in Malaysia.

I booked this hotel via a discounted deal for one of my credit cards, and I got a good deal for my stay. We were given a room on the Executive Floor (one floor below the penthouse), which was extremely spacious and consisted of a king-sized bed and a work desk, amongst the other room amenities.

The breakfast, as expected, was fabulous, although my only dissatisfaction was its coffee, which I felt was a tad too diluted.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Dear ekeat79

Thank you for your favourable review of the Eastin Hotel Petaling Jaya .

I am delighted that you still remembered the good service extended on your first visit & that you weren't disappointed 10 years later .

I have taken note of your comments with regards the coffee & have conveyed the same to our Swe Brasserie Restaurant Manager to ensure that consistency in product offerings is maintained at all times .

Please do not wait for another 10 years before you decide to return although I can assure you that you will continue to enjoy the same level of consistently high service the Eastin is reknowned for.

Thank you for making us your preferred hotel & I look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Puchong
Reviewed January 10, 2014

There was a conference for me to attend on the next day, so i decided to put up a night at the hotel to beat the horrible traffic in the morning. Perhaps, i should have stay put at home.

The check-in was smooth with no hiccups. The room i stayed was clean and nice. Unfortunately, i got a room facing the busy highway. The room had no sound proof material, so i could hear the noise from the highway throughout the night. Horrible it was. Normally, at home i get to sleep in a quiet environment.

To make it worse, i could hear talking and laughter from next door room. My next room guest came back into his/her room at 12 midnight with friends, chatting and laughing. When they all went off at 1a.m., i still could not sleep coz the noise from the highway. Highway never sleeps though.

The opening and slamming of door could be heard too. The hotel door has been designed in such a way that slamming the door will ensure tight closing of the door. So, i don't blame the guests. It was because i also had to close the door harshly in order to really lock it.

The next day breakfast and buffet lunch were delicious. No complaints.

I managed to visit the executive lounge, the minute i got into it, one guy came and asked for my room number for identification. Then he said i cannot EAT the food there else i have to pay another RM100++. I told that guy, i wanted to read newspaper only. I did not feel welcome in the place at all. (actually i wanted to enter the executive lounge to view so that i can give feedback in tripadvisor). Well, the lounge is simple and neat. Old furniture, nothing great to shout about. I think the food looked good. When i was reading my newspaper, there was a foreigner who came inside, this time another woman came to him and checked his identification. Also stressed to the foreigner that NEED TO PAY if you want to eat the food. Soon later, the man left the place.

Upon checking-out, there was a mistake. a bill from the lobby lounge came into my room bill. I said NO, i did not consume the CLUB SANDWICH and COKE. The receptionist also looked at me and asked, "are you sure?" I said i am 100% sure! I told him, it was not even my signature. Look, my signature is like this! I showed him the difference between both slips. He then asked, may be your friend? or anyone? Then, at one second, i paused and thought could it be my husband? He dropped me at the hotel. I called him and he said NO. Phew, we then saw it was written room 1522 somewhere at the signature slip. Luckily the 1522 guest haven't check out yet, so this receptionist took out that bill and put into the correct guest folder. How could the hotel do this kind of blunder?

When my husband picked me up after my conference, he posed me a question, "So, did you have a good night sleep?" i just grinned at him. (in my heart, ya, i PAID for a not slumber night)

Tip: Do stay away from the highway direction. Get a room facing elsewhere but not the highway.

Room Tip: dun get a room facing the highway
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Jane S, General Manager at Eastin Hotel Kuala Lumpur, responded to this review, January 13, 2014
Dear Ms LillianTeh

Thank you for your review of the Eastin Hotel Petaling Jaya .

I do apologise for the bill that was posted in error to your room . The team has been cautioned to be extra careful so that careless mistakes such as this are avoided in future .

The manner in which it was communicated to you that the Executive Floor is only for guests who pay a premium & as such are entitled to the benefits will also be looked into .

I have take note of your comment on your sensitivity to noise. Please do request for rooms facing the residential side . I do hope you will visit with us again & look forward to welcoming you back.

Jakarta, Indonesia
Reviewed January 7, 2014

I usually stay at the Eastin PJ for work trip:
- it is well located near Petaling Jaya, Shah Alam
so if your job takes you to go around Kuala Lumpur and you dont need to go to center. that hotel is great
If you drive, it is easily accessible.
there is a big car park at the basement
- the room and bed are really nice
- there are a few restaurants.
in case you wish to have more option, bangsar is nearby and provide all the restaurant that you need.

Room Tip: Make sure that you mention whether you want a king size bed or a twin bed. Also do not forget to me...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Jane S, General Manager at Eastin Hotel Kuala Lumpur, responded to this review, January 8, 2014
Dear Stoufensen

Thank you for taking the time to review us on TripAdvisor .

I am delighted you stay with us on your business trips & would like to take this opportunity to thank you for your favourable comments on our facilities & services offered.

Wishing you a successful year ahead & look forward to welcoming you back soon to the Eastin Hotel Petaling Jaya .

Perth, Australia
Reviewed January 1, 2014

I stayed here in mid December , upon checking in mid afternoon after a hot hard slog around the golf course I was informed sorry we have no running water due to a burst pipe, but it should be restored in about an hour. Come 10pm at night still no running water in rooms, dinner plans cancelled, grumpy girlfriend, you get the picture.
Whilst I appreciate that the incident was beyond the control of the hotel not to even mention it when we checked out in the morning nor respond to an email I sent via the we site is appalling customer service. Feel like it's a case of they have my money and they've ran...
Hotel itself is fine if a little isolated location wise, but due to above will not be returning nor recommending to associates.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Jane S, General Manager at Eastin Hotel Kuala Lumpur, responded to this review, January 6, 2014
Dear stockyinoz

Thank you for taking time to review your stay at Eastin Hotel Petaling Jaya .

Please accept my sincere apologies on the inconvenience & frustration caused by a burst water pipe in December. Our Engineering team worked round the clock to rectify the problem & water was restored to all parts of the hotel by 11pm.

Once again , our sincere apologies .

I am appreciative that you think the hotel itself is fine . Within a 1.5km to 3km radius are shopping malls , entertainment & dining outlets . For the convenience of hotel guests , there is a complimentary pre-scheduled shuttle service to these malls as well as to KL Sentral train station .

I do sincerely hope you will give us another chance to restore your confidence in us & look forward to the opportunity of welcoming both you and your girlfriend back .

Best Wishes for the year ahead .

Kota Kinabalu, Malaysia
Reviewed December 28, 2013

Stayed here for convenience because my course was being conducted at the same hotel.
Amenities were alright although the sheets look a bit dated. Food though, was great and there was quite a variety for breakfast and lunch! Loved it!

What stumped me though, was that the sauna was only for men! I didn't ask why but this has to be the first hotel I've stayed at that didn't offer sauna for its lady guests. We are after all, paying guests. Logistics wise - you will have to take a cab to get to KL Central and it cost me RM10.00 one way.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
Dear Tigerlily5001

Thank you for your recent review of the Eastin Hotel Petaling Jaya .

The sauna is outsourced to an independent spa operator & their spa facilities are a male domain.

I would like to take this opportunity to highlight the hotel offers a complimentary pre-scheduled shuttle service to nearby shopping malls as well as to the KL Sentral train station . Our Concierge team will be ever-so -ready to provide you with more comprehensive details on request.

I do hope you will return to stay with us & look forward to seeing you at the Eastin Hotel Petaling Jaya.

Best Wishes for 2014 .