“Great accommodation yet there's room for improvement”

Eastin Hotel Kuala Lumpur
Ranked #7 of 47 Hotels in Petaling Jaya
Reviewed July 4, 2013

Stayed at the hotel for 2 nights in the deluxe room. Used a special voucher that allowed me to get the room at lower price than usual. Had a good experience staying at this hotel for the first time and I'd rather describe it by putting into the pros n cons form.

Pros:
1) Based on my own experience and other TA members, I'm totally agreed that the room is great. Spacious, close to luxurious, comfy bed and well-functioning air condition.
2) The bathroom is great too. Separate shower n bath up, and the water flows real fast making your shower so exciting.
3) LCD tv with appropriately clear channels as supposedly.
4) Wall to wall carpeted
5) Cute reading light attached to the bed head-frame, nice for bed time reading.
6) Swimming pool is well-taken care, a bit small but adequate.
7) Ample space for parking
8) Love the cleanliness and well-kept of the visitors walking area outside the room. Smell so refreshing in fact.

Cons:
1) There was sound of water moving in the pipeline (coming from toilets of above room perhaps) at the area of wardrobe, which is rather near to the bed. That was quite annoying as the sound was significantly loud. Something need to be done, perhaps by having a more sound proof material to the wall.
2) Some of the furnitures; tv rack, wardrobe door and study table seem quite old and need to be refurbished. The wardrobe door got stuck most of the time.
3) Buffet breakfast was average and standard, not as I expected earlier. In Swaz Brasserie, the 1st morning (Monday), the menu was kinda appealing and exciting. Other than continental dishes as mainly served for typical buffet b'fast in hotels, they served nasi lemak, fried rice, and sort-of-claypot-chic-rice as some of the main course. And surely they had all the fruits, juices, yogurt, cold-cut, salad, cereals, eggs, noodles, dimsum and pastries served. Visitors were not so many as foods need not to be refill frequently. But on the 2nd day ( Tuesday), no nasi lemak but they served roti canai (which was cut into small pieces and seemed to finish fast each time after refill), fried kuey teow, loh see fun and yogurt rice. The rest were just as same as the day before. And to a surprise, the foods were not refill accordingly n adequately (provided many visitors on that day which perhaps the kitchen shall check with the registration counter). This made me realize why there are different reviews on breakfast from other TA members. Some say great buffet spread and some said average. Because the spread perhaps is not exciting as everyday. Appreciate the effort to change menu but it was kinda confused when you can have a day with menu of rices and not for the next. I'd suggest to have nasi lemak n roti canai as the main dish and the others fried stuff can be rotated daily. However the staff of Swaz Brasserie worked well to treat the visitors.
4) The housekeeping service was a bit slow to attend my request. The housekeeper came to clean the room on the 2nd day and forgot to change the towel n clean the toilet. Fortunately I was in the room and managed to tell him so. Then, called 3 times before check out requesting for laundry bag and to finally got it from a stuff who actually came to check the minibar.
5) Restaurants and shoppings are not within walking distance. Preferably traveling with cars to stay here.
6) No pipe for the toilet which I believe kinda difficult for Muslim visitors.

Based on the web, my room is actually rated at around RM400 if without the voucher which I spent <RM250/night. I enjoyed the stay but if I were to spend at the actual rate, I perhaps look for other alternatives of better standard.

Room Tip: Higher floor, facing the residential area instead of the expressway
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Jane S, General Manager at Eastin Hotel Kuala Lumpur, responded to this reviewResponded July 18, 2013

Dear Wadat

Thank you for taking the time to write a lengthy review of the Eastin Hotel Petaling Jaya .

I am delighted to note you had a good experience on your previous stay which had prompted you to return.

All points raised have been taken note of & will be looked into for overall improvement where applicable . In particular, your comments on food have been forward to the Executive Chef .Slow service of housekeeping has also been noted & we apologize for this .

We do have restaurants & shops in the vicinity of the hotel . The hotel also provides prescheduled shuttle services to nearby shopping malls such as Tropicana City Mall, Bangsar Shopping Mall & LRT stations such as the KL Sentral transportation hub.

Please either do call the hotel direct for our attractive & affordable promotional rates or visit our eastin website (eastin.com ).

I look forward to welcoming you back to the Eastin Hotel Petaling Jaya soon .

There are newer reviews for Eastin Hotel Kuala Lumpur

Reviewed June 26, 2013

Arrived early at 930 am.
Anticipated that I'm unable to check in early, but tried my luck with the Check in Counter staff.
Yes, Room only available at 2pm. No problem.

Came back at 130 pm and attended by SAME person (Indian staff) and requested for the room.
He initially said no room available without even checking and asked me to wait at 2 pm.
I declined to wait and asked him to check (what does 30 minutes make a difference). I have seen many guests checked out that 930 am in the morning!
Then only he reluctantly checked me in - wow! there was room available! what the heck!
And no smiles at all! Do you think I stayed there for free??

FYI, I have been to many other 4-5 star hotels. Check in at 12 pm was also entertained because a lot of guests leave early in the morning.

Came the second day which I needed to check out. At 830 am, Nicely requested for late check out until 2 pm to the front desk staff (who is a "mat salleh"?) due to my meeting ending at 130 pm that day. No smiles at all!

The answer was NO because rooms were full. Only up to 12 pm was allowed (standard hotel check out time). I acknowledged.
Then I called again from office at 1030 am requesting for late check out. Same mat salleh attended the call. Same answer. Then I said, I have seen many checked out that morning and what is the problem with just extra 2 hours? After long pause, he checked and allowed me for late check out at 1 pm only.
I accepted but why so difficult?

At the time of my actual check out and payment, the same mat salleh boy who attended me still didnt smile.
How frustrating service from such hotel in PJ.

Breakfast was good.
Room was OK.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank MF15
Jane S, General Manager at Eastin Hotel Kuala Lumpur, responded to this reviewResponded July 3, 2013

Dear MF15

First , please allow me to thank you for taking the time to provide us with feedback on your recent stay .

Thank you for understanding that check in time is after 2pm . I am sorry that there was no attempt (to quote the over-used cliché) to "go the extra mile " or provide "service -with-a-smile " on the part of the Front Desk team to check on room availability . This is not the high standard of welcome & hospitality that we are known for & for which most of our guests commend us on .

We do understand the need for prompt staff response to clients requests and this fact is reinforced through our on-going training programs.

I am truly sorry for the inconvenience caused & hope you will provide us with another opportunity to be of service to you .

Reviewed June 24, 2013

Having lived in Kuala Lumpur for 7 years it was an obvious choice for our weekend stopover to see friends in the TTDI area. Friendly staff, clean and comfortable Club room, and excellent food.
Only complaint was it took 4 days to fix the room telephone. (Had a mobile so not a real problem except in emergency to the front desk!)

Room Tip: Ensure that the telephone is working and that wifi is functioning.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear muzzyKualaLumpur

Thank you for choosing to stay at the Eastin Hotel Petaling Jaya .

Delighted to note your comments on our friendly staff , clean and comfortable club rooms not to mention our excellent food .

I am sorry to hear that your phone took the time it did to be fixed . The Director of Rooms has been alerted to this fact & we apologize for the inconvenience caused .

Thank you for the feedback & we look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel soon.

Reviewed June 22, 2013

My first visit to Jetaling Jaya, and this wont' be my last. This is a well organised well run hotel, and i great value. Breakfasts were great. Room was tidy, clean and well laid out. INternet was fast. Staff were very polite and helpful. Its well located on some major roadways so easy to get to.
I'll be back.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank mrpackethead

Dear mrpackethead

Thank you for taking the time to write about your experience during your last stay with the Eastin Hotel Petaling Jaya .

Your kind comments will definitely be appreciated by all our team members .

I am delighted to note you will return and look forward to being able to welcome you back soon.

Reviewed June 11, 2013 via mobile

Hotel is as expected - clean,friendly staffs with efficient services, rooms adequately and decently equipped. If you are looking to stay for pleasure,it's location might not be as strategic nevertheless, metered-powered taxis are always on the standby along with good concierge services. It cost me around RM30 to and fro Midvalley /Gardens shopping mall,which you can guess,is pretty near.

Room otherwise are not very soundproof as I was still able to hear footsteps and chattering as well as doors closing a few rooms away.

Having said that,it was a pleasant one-night stay. Would recommend to those interested.

• Stayed: June 2013

Dear NeerChan

Thank you for your review of the Eastin Hotel Petaling Jaya .

Yes , indeed the Mid Valley shopping mall is located close to the hotel & we have pre-scheduled shuttle departures to this & other shopping malls such as Tropicana City Mall .

We look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel in the near future .

Reviewed May 30, 2013 via mobile

This is our third stay at the Eastin and it is now our preferred KL hotel. Everything is reasonably priced, even the walk-in rate but you can get same day bargains by booking online. The rooms are of a very high standard and well equipped - the beds and pillows ensure a comfortable sleep and housekeeping are attentive and prompt. It is not too far from KL centre and is strategically located with good road communications and very convenient for local services by car or taxi. You do not need to stay in Bukit Bintang and pay tourist prices for lower quality to enjoy KL and its environs. Eastin never disappoints.

• Stayed: May 2013
1  Thank anthou1959
Jane S, General Manager at Eastin Hotel Kuala Lumpur, responded to this reviewResponded June 2, 2013

Dear anthou1959

Thank you for taking the time to review the Eastin Hotel Petaling Jaya .

I am delighted to hear that we have not disappointed you on all your stays . Yes, indeed you have accurately summed up the value proposition of the hotel...competitive price for excellent quality .

We look forward to welcoming you back on your next stay .

Warmest Regards

Reviewed May 25, 2013

This is n-times i stayed at this hotel, i have good experience bf this stayed and this stay will be last time.

Reasons:

1. Take about 15 mins to check in VS 1 min check out process.

2. First given room is dirty and stinky smell "EXECUTIVE DELUXE" (room no. 1227). The room was dark and bad smell. And the layout was not as see in hotel website.

3. When i called to receptionist, they told me today room is full so they will send a staff to check. And there are nobody turn up after 20 mins.

4. I called them again and they told me the room layout for all EXECUTIVE DELUXE is same, And they are try to CHEAT me as they do not notice i have stayed for n times before.

5. I walk to the hotel lobby, once they saw me, they just very quickly assign me to another room. It show that they are knowing i know the truth and the paper are unable to cover the fire. And it prove that the room was not full, and they just want me to stay at that "Special" Room.

6. After transfer to another room for an hours time, there are another room service staff knock my door and request to check for Minibar items. I think they should check the room before guest entry. Its is very disturb on guest privacy.

Conclusion:

1. Don't judge the book b cover. Mgmt shd take note on this. There are more customers will leaving you.
2. Please do not try to cheat customer. They are your hotel income.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
5  Thank CY T
Jane S, General Manager at Eastin Hotel Kuala Lumpur, responded to this reviewResponded May 29, 2013

Dear CY T

Thank you for taking the time to highlight your experience. It is very unfortunate that your last stay with us did not meet your expectations especially since you have been satisfied with all the previous stays .

We have reinforced with our team members the importance of speedy check in and product knowledge. Please be assured that none of them had the intention to take advantage of you . I do apologise for any miscommunication on the part of my team .

Eventhough you have mentioned this will be your last stay , it is my sincere hope you will give us another chance to win back your support & patronage .

Once again , please accept my sincere apologies .