Stayed at the hotel for 2 nights in the deluxe room. Used a special voucher that allowed me to get the room at lower price than usual. Had a good experience staying at this hotel for the first time and I'd rather describe it by putting into the pros n cons form.
1) Based on my own experience and other TA members, I'm totally agreed that the room is great. Spacious, close to luxurious, comfy bed and well-functioning air condition.
2) The bathroom is great too. Separate shower n bath up, and the water flows real fast making your shower so exciting.
3) LCD tv with appropriately clear channels as supposedly.
4) Wall to wall carpeted
5) Cute reading light attached to the bed head-frame, nice for bed time reading.
6) Swimming pool is well-taken care, a bit small but adequate.
7) Ample space for parking
8) Love the cleanliness and well-kept of the visitors walking area outside the room. Smell so refreshing in fact.
1) There was sound of water moving in the pipeline (coming from toilets of above room perhaps) at the area of wardrobe, which is rather near to the bed. That was quite annoying as the sound was significantly loud. Something need to be done, perhaps by having a more sound proof material to the wall.
2) Some of the furnitures; tv rack, wardrobe door and study table seem quite old and need to be refurbished. The wardrobe door got stuck most of the time.
3) Buffet breakfast was average and standard, not as I expected earlier. In Swaz Brasserie, the 1st morning (Monday), the menu was kinda appealing and exciting. Other than continental dishes as mainly served for typical buffet b'fast in hotels, they served nasi lemak, fried rice, and sort-of-claypot-chic-rice as some of the main course. And surely they had all the fruits, juices, yogurt, cold-cut, salad, cereals, eggs, noodles, dimsum and pastries served. Visitors were not so many as foods need not to be refill frequently. But on the 2nd day ( Tuesday), no nasi lemak but they served roti canai (which was cut into small pieces and seemed to finish fast each time after refill), fried kuey teow, loh see fun and yogurt rice. The rest were just as same as the day before. And to a surprise, the foods were not refill accordingly n adequately (provided many visitors on that day which perhaps the kitchen shall check with the registration counter). This made me realize why there are different reviews on breakfast from other TA members. Some say great buffet spread and some said average. Because the spread perhaps is not exciting as everyday. Appreciate the effort to change menu but it was kinda confused when you can have a day with menu of rices and not for the next. I'd suggest to have nasi lemak n roti canai as the main dish and the others fried stuff can be rotated daily. However the staff of Swaz Brasserie worked well to treat the visitors.
4) The housekeeping service was a bit slow to attend my request. The housekeeper came to clean the room on the 2nd day and forgot to change the towel n clean the toilet. Fortunately I was in the room and managed to tell him so. Then, called 3 times before check out requesting for laundry bag and to finally got it from a stuff who actually came to check the minibar.
5) Restaurants and shoppings are not within walking distance. Preferably traveling with cars to stay here.
6) No pipe for the toilet which I believe kinda difficult for Muslim visitors.
Based on the web, my room is actually rated at around RM400 if without the voucher which I spent <RM250/night. I enjoyed the stay but if I were to spend at the actual rate, I perhaps look for other alternatives of better standard.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Eastin Hotel Kuala Lumpur hotel is a business class hotel of international standards. Situated strategically on Jalan Damansara, an upmarket location nestled conveniently within the vicinity of golf courses, shopping malls and office buildings, it is designed to suit your needs as a business or leisure travelers. Enjoy the warm Eastin hospitality and experience our passion for efficiency and service excellence. Catering to an array of travelers and corporations, we provide an unparalleled experience coupled with efficient services, amenities and facilities to fulfill the needs of our much valued guests. Our room is more than just 'deluxe,' it is a well designed, contemporary home with warmth, ultra modern facilities and glorious space to greet you. With a combination of warm hospitality, you also get a sense that you have reached the one place where business becomes a pleasure. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Fastbooking, Hotels.com, Expedia, Ctrip TA, Orbitz, Travelocity, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Agoda, getaroom.com and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Eastin Hotel Kuala Lumpur reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Eastin Hotel Petaling Jaya
- Doubletree Petaling Jaya