“Locked room & loss expectations”

Eastin Hotel Kuala Lumpur
Ranked #7 of 50 Hotels in Petaling Jaya
Reviewed December 24, 2012 via mobile

Rented 2 rooms on the 5th floor. After going to the pool, our room no. 520 door unable to open & was locked outside.

Seek hotel assistance-1st time called & was directed to go the reception. At the reception counter, the room magnetic card was reprogrammed. Went up again still door cannot open. Called 2nd time & was directed to for same process - went up again & still was locked outside.

3rd time called again but had to use assertive tone due to urgency & Only then, a hotel staff came. Imagine after 3 calls & more than 1/2 hr waiting would u feel happy. Causing us late for our apointment.

Getting it right the 1st time is considered good but after 3 time is the level of service in dire need for improvement - late in service recovery mode.

The reception counter when checking out- waiting time is also bad despite not many patron checking out at the particular time- the system needs improvement. Staff teamwork....

Nevertheless patience is a virtue & will come again cos :
1. Located nearby close friends & relative hses
2. Top end shopping complex is 5-10 min drive away. Accessibility to our convenience.
3. Room & bathroom - cleaner
4. Children liked the s/pool.

Maybe on that day my family was just unlucky the 1st time. But again managing expectations????

• Stayed: December 2012
Jane S, General Manager at Eastin Hotel Kuala Lumpur, responded to this reviewResponded March 18, 2013

Dear 8879idris

Thank you for your feedback . I am sorry to hear that you had trouble accessing your room . Our Front Desk staff have been made aware of the importance of responding promptly to situations such as this & yes you are right , "managing expectations " is important right up to the point of check-out .
I do apologise for the inconveneince & hope you will return to stay with us soon .

Kind Regards

Reviewed December 21, 2012

I actually booked my second stay in the Eastin Suite on the 10th December after a previous stay a few weeks ago in a normal Deluxe room. For the size of the room, it was a great price. Room is newly renovated. Furniture is new.

Staying on the Executive floor means I get to use the Executive Lounge, where there is free flow soft drinks and coffee throughout the day, and additionally there are some light refreshments between the hours of 5pm and 7pm. Furthermore breakfast is served in the lounge in the morning as well, so it's nice and quiet during the mornings too.

The only complaints I have here: Mini-Bar fridge in the room was a bit dirty. Not that big a deal but it made me not wanna touch the drinks inside.
During the morning of checkout (i was due to check out at 12pm as per usual checkout time), at 10-10.30am, someone rang the doorbell impatiently (mind you, impatiently means ringing more than once within 3 seconds). I opened the door and there was this staff member of the hotel (Malay man in his 40s) who asked when I will be checking out. I replied "12pm". The authoritative tone he talked to me gave me the feeling of that as if I was overstaying. Heck I wasn't even asking for a checkout extension. What really peeved me about this was because I was in the midst of getting ready to shower when I had to answer this "urgent" call at the door butt naked. A phonecall to the room regarding this would've sufficed!

This never occured during my previous stay in the Deluxe room. So I guess it's better to stay in the Deluxe room if you don't want to be disturbed by certain members of the staff.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Jake S
Jane S, General Manager at Eastin Hotel Kuala Lumpur, responded to this reviewResponded January 2, 2013

Dear Jake S

Thank you for your comments and for taking the time to write in .

I have passed the information you have given with regards to the mini bar to our Housekeeper who will ensure that our normally high standards of clealiness are maintained .
My sincere apologies with regards to being disturbed by one of our personnel . Yes , a phone call to enquire on your check out time would have sufficed.
I hope these 2 isolated incidents will not deter you from staying on our Executive Floor. My team and I look forward to welcoming you back to the Eastin Hotel Petaling Jaya soon.

Reviewed December 19, 2012

One of the good value hotels in PJ. The place is simple yet very functional. Location is siutated close to the KLGCC golf course and the civil service golf club; Hence convenient for those planning a outing there.

Rooms were of good size and comfortable. The bed was great and provided a good rest after a day's outing.

Breakfast on the ground floor was comprehensive and delicious. It had a spread catering to many different taste i.e. something for everyone.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends

Dear BertSG

Thank you for your favourable review of the Eastin Hotel Petaling Jaya . Yes, we are defintely a value-for-money, recently renovated hotel. I will defintely pass on your positive comments to the hotel team.

Looking forward to being to welcome you back soon.

Reviewed December 16, 2012

I chose this hotel because its close to the Penang Airport and close to my customer's location. The rooms were standard rooms. Not too great but not too bad. I stayed for a night and I think if you are there to do business. This hotel fits the job. If you are there with family and want to see the sights and sound of what this great city has to offer, I would suggest hotels in Georgetown. Penang is one of my favorite cities. Too bad like Kuala Lumpur, Penang does not have too many new and branded hotels. No Starwood, no Hiltons, no Accor, etc. I suggest one of the big brands to come and open a hotel because business will be excellent; you will enjoy high occupancy rates all year round from business travelers and tourists.

Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business

Dear Danny Y

Thank you for your review of our sister property in Penang . I will be sure to pass on your comments to them .

In the meantime , should you decide to visit Kuala Lumpur , please do consider the 388 room Eastin Hotel Petaling Jaya .

Reviewed November 29, 2012

I had been in this hotel before (June 2012) and was not overly pleased. Since the position of the hotel is very convenient to visit my customer, I booked here again. I have been upgraded to a suite which showed none of the problems I reported in June. It was clean, modern, big and cool. I will certainy return to this hotel also on my next visit.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business

Dear Mirco P

Thank you for taking the time to write in with your feedback on your last stay with us .We are happy to note that your stay with us was a pleasant one and look forward to your return visit .

Reviewed November 26, 2012

It is a very good hotel. Good means location is good, hotel room is good, cleanliness is good and the food served is good as well, and complimentary car park which is hardly can be found in KL. We stayed two nights at the 2 bedroom suit. It has a spacious living room and two toilets, but only one toilet has the shower facility. So, if it has 2 shower room would be perfect! My two kids love to play and run in the living room. We enjoyed our stay in Eastin hotel and definitely will come back again. Another point I would like to mention is the buffet. The food and dessert are great and tasty. But I think the price is a bit expensive. Hotel guest has 10% discount.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Pooh_tyan

Dear Pooh_tyan

We are delighted our services , facilities & food met your expectations and even happier that you and your family will return to stay with us .

Thank you for your patronage and we look forward to welcoming you back to the Eastin Hotel Petaling Jaya

Reviewed November 18, 2012

Very clean rooms and excellent service. This hotel is recommended for business travellers and its location is ideal and convenient. The facilities is not all that great but with the hotel newly renovated it is surely value for money. There are convenient stores and food shops nearby within walking distances.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank bt63
Jane S, General Manager at Eastin Hotel Kuala Lumpur, responded to this reviewResponded November 20, 2012

Dear bt63

Thank you for taking the time to review the Eastin Hotel Petaling Jaya.

I am delighted you have been satisfied with your stay and think we "are a good business hotel" & value for money as well.

Positive guest feedback is a tremendous morale booster for our hotel team and renews our zest & passion to continue providing "Service from the Heart ".

Eastin Hotel Petaling Jaya