“Eastin has not dissapoint me :)”

Eastin Hotel Kuala Lumpur
Ranked #7 of 50 Hotels in Petaling Jaya
Reviewed October 17, 2012

There is nothing much around this hotel that you can walkabout unless you possess your own transport as its is located within business area and easy access to the highways, It has been more than once i stayed here, this time we stayed for my friend wedding as the dinner was held at the ballroom at LG.
The room never dissapoints me. The room has a pleasants smells with decent cable TV for its guest. Check-in counters are in top speed mode. Hotel has the view of bungalows around the areas or facing the highways.
Breakfast was awesome. They have lots of varities compares to the execitives floors (which i think it meant for the people who stays at executives floors and want to have quiet and peaceful breakfast).
The parking may look scary compared to similar star-ed rated hotel but its ok as there are people located at the parking counters.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
Jane S, General Manager at Eastin Hotel Kuala Lumpur, responded to this reviewResponded October 25, 2012

Dear bai_lao_su

Thank you for your recent review of the Eastin Hotel Petaling Jaya .

It is loyal ,return customers such as yourselves that give us great job satisfaction. We have received positive feedback from many guests that our check in is super quick and efficient and your own comments here endorse this .

We aim to give our guests as much variety as possible in our menu offerings be it for breakfast, lunch or dinner & I am happy you found breakfast "awesome"!

Let me assure you that our parking facilities are very safe & secure and are under 24 hour CCTV surveillance . In addition , we have security managers regularly patrolling not only the inside but the hotel car park and hotel parameters as well.

Ladies may also request at the Front Desk to be personally escorted to their cars parked in our car park if required .

I hope you will visit with us soon and I look forward to welcoming you back to the Eastin Petaling Jaya soon.

Reviewed October 16, 2012

Although positioned as a business hotel, it was beyond my expectations in many aspects.
Check in was swift and easy, the standard rooms have a nice colour scheme and are well maintained. The pool area although small is exposed to a lot of sun and is usually quiet (perhaps because this is positioned as a business hotel).
I am not raving about their service but to be fair, with the rates offered by hotel booking websites, it is worth the money.
All in all, so far so good.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple

Dear Mcmeelo
Thank you for taking the time to review the Eastin Hotel Petaling Jaya . I am delighted to note we exceeded your expectations in many aspects . All our rooms and other facilities have recently been renovated and I am glad you have given us the thumbs up!

I have taken note with regards to your comment about the service and we are continually reinforcing training at all levels in all departments .

The Eastin team & I look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed October 9, 2012

I have been stayed at Eastin Hotel PJ many times over the past few years, approximately 15-20 weekends, if not more. Overall, over the years, my experiences have been getting worse. However, allow me to start with the positive ones.
LOCATION: While the hotel is surrounded by office buildings and rather isolated, it is at the fringe of Petaling Jaya and Kuala Lumpur which makes trips to anywhere quite convenient by their shuttle bus and taxis. Taxis from Eastin are ALWAYS metered, which is great and is a rare find in KL.
FOOD: The buffet breakfast is average at best but the ala carte food in Eastin is great. The Chinese, Japanese and room service which has an international fare, is consistently good.
ROOMS: The rooms, which were refurbished in 2011, are well-ventilated with a/c, spacious and rather clean, but could do with a little more care with maintenance, eg shower heads and basin taps that malfunction. The bed is comfortable but the pillows are too soft.
STAFF: The junior staff, concierge, cleaners, junior front office staff, doormen, bellhops and wait staff are the people who draw me back to Eastin time and again. They are hardworking, polite and warm. What I regard as quintessentially Malaysian. The same CANNOT be said for the higher management, including their General Manager, MS Jane Suppiah.

Now for the negative and the biggest put off: In the past 2 years, Eastin have been bought over and majority of the higher management at Eastin Hotel PJ have changed, for the worse. The higher management hardly respond to requests and even constructive feedback. Some examples are as follows: (1) The Asst Front Office Manager on duty one afternoon about 2 months ago decided to raise his voice while speaking to me upon check-out. He was sarcastic about my late check-out request and was ignorant when I had asked him to contact his colleague who authorised this. I ended up having to call his colleague myself! (2) When I make a reservation, frequently, the staff do not respond to my queries and request. They merely reply with a confirmation booking email that does not address my queries. And when I do ask further, I get a rather curt reply (3) An email to MS Suppiah, General Manager, who not replied to. Apparently, she had ignored it. No prizes for guessing then, why her higher management staff are inefficient, ignorant and plain rude !!

If it weren't for my son's saying "The beds are so nice and soft" and his liking for the "big rooms", I would no longer be coming to this hotel. I frequently go to Shangri-La KL and Mandarin Oriental KLCC as well, and I get VVIP treatment, although I am not one. None of their higher management staff are like the ignorant higher management in Eastin PJ. Shame on you General Manager MS Jane Suppiah, for letting your junior staff down !!

Room Tip: Avoid the rooms on lower levels facing the front on weekends because the club next door to the hotel...
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
Jane S, General Manager at Eastin Hotel Kuala Lumpur, responded to this reviewResponded October 10, 2012

Dear JXiong

Thank you for taking the time to write in with your constructive feedback with regards your stays . Your positive comments with regards to our junior hotel team members will definitely be highlighted to them. I am also happy to note your favourable comments with regards to Japanese , Chinese & ala carte food which has been consistently pleasing .
On another note , I must apologize if our Assistant Manager had raised his voice at you. This is certainly not reflective of the standard of service that many other guests have commended and complimented our team members for . I also understand your frustration at not receiving complete responses to your questions directed at Reservations . This has been addressed with the department concerned and I will personally continue to reinforce the importance of being thorough and paying attention to details through regular training. Once again , please accept my apologies .
If it is not of too much inconvenience I would be grateful if you could forward me the email that you sent for my attention to which you did not receive a response and I will definitely investigate where the communication failed & revert to you .
Last but not least, thank you for your patronage which we value & are very appreciate of . I look forward to being able to welcome you back to the Eastin PJ together with the rest of my team .

Kind Regards

Reviewed October 1, 2012

I have been staying quite a number of times in this hotel. This time round, I went for the Executive Deluxe room. The room is big with separate living and bedroom, 2 toilets, one with bathroom facilities. The only thing that still failed me are the pillows. They are way too soft that sleeping on one even two feels as if you aren't using any. As a result, my husband had a real bad sleep and woke up with very terrible back pain that lasted for days after our return. I requested for a change of pillow but was only given one as we were told that they only have ONE to spare.

Housekeeping is efficient, responding within 5-10mins request.

Breakfast spread is just okay, the last time we stayed for 3 nights, breakfast was the same for all mornings. But if you're staying here, going out in search for food might not be wise as the location of the hotel isn't really ideal, especially if you're not a local there. I myself, a local with my husband a frequent visitor to PJ/KL still opt for breakfast at the hotel because it will take you a good 15mins before you get to the nearest eatery and with the waiting for your orders to be served and not forgetting the issue of looking for a parking lot, be prepared with at least 40mins to an hour before you get your hands on your food.

Room Tip: Deluxe rooms are just as good if space isn't an issue for you. It also comes with king-sized bed...
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family

Dear DDory
Thank you for your comments & for choosing to stay with us on a number of occassions . We are very grateful for your business patronage .
Our Deluxe rooms are indeed spacious at a size of 35sqm. Having said that I am very happy that you tried our Executive Deluxe room on your last visit .
I am sorry that you found our pillows too soft resulting in your husband suffering backache . We do accommodate requests for additional pillows and I apologize that your request was only partially met.
Please do get in touch with me for your future visits and I will personally look into this matter for you .
Our Executive Chef is looking into menu rotation for breakfast & we hope you will notice the difference when you stay with us the next time.
Once again , thank you for your comments and both I and the team at the Eastin Hotel Petaling Jaya look forward to seeing you soon .

Reviewed September 28, 2012

Overall is very good...I like the room and environment in the hotel.

However, the free WiFI connection seem only allow for 1 guest / room only. Also, hotel should consider to have the welcome drink for the guest.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank TwinkleSan
JaneSuppiah, General Manager at Eastin Hotel Kuala Lumpur, responded to this reviewResponded October 1, 2012

Dear Twinkle San

Thank you for taking the time to write in . I am delighted you enjoyed the room and the environment of the hotel . The hotel does give FREE WIFI connection for 1 or 2 persons depending on whether it is for Single or Double occupancy stay. Your comments on complimentary welcome drinks upon arrival have been duly noted.
I look forward to welcoming you back to the Eastin Hotel Petaling Jaya on your future stays .

Reviewed September 17, 2012

- Room is valuable, Nice room and perfect bed and pillow. Far away from shopping place and a bit difficult to find food store outside.
- Free internet but not that fast
- Small Gym and Pool is good enough to execise after work.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business

Dear Taewah
I am delighted to know that you think our rooms are value for money. We have received many compliments from guests who have similarly experienced our comfortable beds and pillows .The hotel actually does provide a complimentary shuttle service at pre-scheduled times to shopping malls & complexes the nearest of which is located just 5 minutes away from the hotel . Aside from the great shopping options you will also find a plethora of dining options to choose from . I hope you will utilize this service on your next stay with us .
I look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed September 13, 2012

We were arriving in Malaysia for eye surgery and booked a hotel close to where we had to be for our 3 week stay. Definitely an impressive hotel. We had booked into the Deluxe Eastin suite for the duration of our stay and it was very spacious and modern with a fab bathroom! The staff were super and as we stayed for a long time, some of them were greeting us by name after 3 days!
As we know Malaysia a little better now, we would choose a hotel closer to KL, knowing that taxis are inexpensive and we can get to and from wherever we want to go without great cost. Having said that, it worked in reverse too and we got the benefit of staying in a great place without the noise and hassle of the city.

Room Tip: We stayed on the 18th (top) floor in a Deluxe Suite.........Fabulous
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple

Dear Karen
I am delighted to hear you were impressed by not just the "fabulour" Eastin Deluxe Suites but our team members as well who strive very hard to "dazzle and delight" our valued guests at all touch points . I hope you have fully recovered from your eye surgery and I look forward to the time when you come back to Malaysia and stay with us again . As you mentioned , taxi's are relatively inexpensive in Kuala Lumpur & available at any time thus making connectivity to KL relatively quick & simple . The hotel also offers a coplimentary pre-scheduled shuttle service to the KL Sentral transportation hub which connects you to the Kuala Lumpur City Centre in a matter of minutes and the airport via the KLIA Express in just 28 minutes .
I hope you will give us the opportunity to welcome you back soon.