2 people are viewing this hotel
Free cancellation until 08/27/22
Trip.com$40
Hotels.com$44
ZenHotels.com$53
All reviews services gym chinese toilet toothbrush mr
Sort and selected filters
Sort Filter
Reviewed September 8, 2011

We stayed at the Eastin Hotel at the beginning and end of our trip to Malaysia and Thailand. We couldn't fault the hotel and when we returned at the end of our holiday they upgraded our room to an executive suite - very nice.

Date of stay: August 2011
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
GMEPJ, General Manager at Eastin Hotel Kuala Lumpur, responded to this reviewResponded September 12, 2011

Dear Guest,

We are delighted you enjoyed your two stays at our Hotel and our newly refurbished rooms.
You truly made our day by giving us the best satisfaction we could receive.
We hope you had a safe journey home and looking forward to welcoming you back at the Eastin Hotel Petaling Jaya.

Andreas Knüssi

Reviewed August 31, 2011

I stayed 14 days here for business. First couple of nights, I was in an un-renovated room that was just really, really old. And the air-coniditioning vents rattled all night long. The rest of the stay, I was in a "newly" renovated room. Already, the closet handles and bathroom fixtures were falling off. The automatic wake-up call system didn't work. The hotel staff was indifferent, and occasionally plain rude. The gym was tiny and smelly. The pool was equally unpleasant.

Date of stay: July 2011
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
1  Thank jonjon97
GMEPJ, General Manager at Eastin Hotel Kuala Lumpur, responded to this reviewResponded September 4, 2011

Dear Guest,

I was very concerned to read your comments pertaining to your recent stay with us and I would like to apologies for impediments’ that occurred during your stay with us.

I would like to thank you for pointing out certain defects you found in our newly renovated rooms, which we are addressing immediately.We are in the midst of going through all defects in our renovated rooms, as we arestillunder the defect liability period,

We have taken note for your future visits of your requirement for a wake-up call which our Front Desk team will organize for you upon check-in with our operator, as we do not have anautomatic wake-up call system. In anticipation of our guests needs, we have provided a digital alarm clock in every room or wake-up calls can be arranged with our operator.

I am sorry that our gym and pool was not up to your satisfaction, we will be addressing this area early next year as part of our continuous effort to upgrade our guest facilities.

We take pride in offering outstanding services to all our guests and I was disappointed to read your comments regarding your experience that our employees had offered you. We have met with our staff members to ensure such experience is certainly not repeated.

Should you or any reader of this review have any concerns please feel free to contact me directly at -------------

Once again, thank you for your feedback and review and I look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit.

Andreas Knüssi

Reviewed August 26, 2011

This was a business stay so we had rooms + meeting rooms booked. The entire team was so attentive to our needs. I couldn't be more grateful as we were very messy and constantly changes things on the hotel but in the business centre was more than happy to accommodate to our every need. It really made the stressful day very very smooth and we appreciated it so much. The lady in the business centre was really great!!! She moved tables, she provided new chairs, she was friendly … she really did it ALL so well. Other than that the rooms, breakfast and staff were all great. We all had an excellent stay. The Chinese and Japanese restaurants inside are both good. FREE WIFI was great except you can only use the log in for one device which caused a bit of a problem for our colleagues who were staying in the same room together. I would highly recommend this hotel!!! Especially for any business arrangements.

Date of stay: July 2011
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
1  Thank MichelinMewMew
GMEPJ, General Manager at Eastin Hotel Kuala Lumpur, responded to this reviewResponded August 28, 2011

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your time spent to tell us about your stay at Eastin Hotel Petaling Jaya. I am so delighted with your great review which I have shared with my team.

I am please to hear that you were truly satisfied with not only our newly renovated Business Center but with the staff who was able to meet with your every need. I am happy to inform you that I will be rewarding her with a letter of commendation for following through with our hotel's "Mission".

I am also very glad to hear that you enjoyed our newly renovated room, breakfast and our free WiFi.

I have noted on your comment about the WiFi access for guests in a twin sharing room and I will look into providing access for two persons in future.

Once again thank you very much for your review and I look forward to welcoming you back to the Eastin Hotel Petaling Jaya.

Reviewed August 23, 2011

We checked into the Eastin at the last minute, having arrived in KL and needing a place to stay. The Eastin was very reasonable for the money, and the fact it came with a swimming pool, gym and large, well furnished rooms was much more than we were expecting for the price! There was even free wifi and a room service kitchen still serving food at 3am in the morning (which came to our rescue after a very late night out!)

There is a small food court area next to the hotel that mainly serves nearby offices, but you can get a good deal there if you don't fancy paying hotel prices for food. Avoid the taxi rank outside the hotel, as they will charge a much higher fee. Just wander down to the main road and flag down a taxi yourself (many go past the Eastin).

If I was staying in PJ in future, I'd definitely consider the Eastin again.

Date of stay: December 2010
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends
GMEPJ, General Manager at Eastin Hotel Kuala Lumpur, responded to this reviewResponded August 25, 2011

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your kind comments. We are delighted that you had enjoyed your stay with us and our newly refurbished rooms.

We do offer Limousine services and during peak hours we have regular taxis on standby that charges using meter rate. However, please do not hesitate to contact our Concierge during you next visit should you require any transport assistance.

Looking forward to welcoming you back on your next visit.

Best Regards

Reviewed August 18, 2011

Service was excellent, very professional, warm & responsive to requests. Probably one of the best service I've had anywhere. The rooms were large (they gave me an automatic free uograde to a suite, which was a nice touch), well equipped, clean and well thought out (a large room with en suite bathroom with bath, a large screen tv and working desk, an adjacent smaller room with twin beds and a working desk, and a living area with comfy sofa and another tv with a toilet and minibar). The pool was nice and quite, even though not huge. Best thing about the place is the value for money and the great service. I was lookimg for somewhere in petaling jaya, and within walking distance to shops and restaurants but not in a kind of commercial/shopping hub, so the location worked for me. They had free shuttle to nearby malls and places of interest so that works for people who want to move around more. I'd recommend this for travel related to work or if you're visiting people in PJ but not if you're visiting KL as a tourist - it's about 40 mins away to the city centre by taxi deoending on traffic.

Renovations were happening from the 8th - 15th floor. Considering I went there for a quiet place to work, that was a real downer! But the floor manager was great and moved me to a lower floor, further away from the noise, when I spoke to them about it, so that was all stars. Really good service and they took a lot of trouble to try and meet my needs. The ventilation for the smoking room is quite poor, so I'd recommend asking them to open the windows if you're looking for a smoking room. And for some reason, the pillows in the second room I stayed in smelled a bit off (could be ventilation issue). But all in all, I really had a good stay at Eastin and would totally recommend it if you're looking for a good, value for money hotel in PJ with truly excellent service.

Date of stay: June 2011
  • Trip type: Traveled solo
1  Thank Jhybe J

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your comments indeed. View to your rating it seems , you enjoyed your stay at Eastin PJ. Your commendation regarding our floor manager is noted and the personnel has been commended accordingly.

Your comment regarding the ventilation has been forward to our Executive Housekeeper and
he is looking seriously into the matter.

We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us and we look forward to welcoming you back to the Eastin soon.