Lowest prices for your stay
Hotel Website
Free cancellation until 08/27/22
Travelocity
Booking.com$42
ZenHotels.com$53
All reviews services gym chinese toilet toothbrush mr
Sort and selected filters
Sort Filter
Reviewed August 23, 2011

We checked into the Eastin at the last minute, having arrived in KL and needing a place to stay. The Eastin was very reasonable for the money, and the fact it came with a swimming pool, gym and large, well furnished rooms was much more than we were expecting for the price! There was even free wifi and a room service kitchen still serving food at 3am in the morning (which came to our rescue after a very late night out!)

There is a small food court area next to the hotel that mainly serves nearby offices, but you can get a good deal there if you don't fancy paying hotel prices for food. Avoid the taxi rank outside the hotel, as they will charge a much higher fee. Just wander down to the main road and flag down a taxi yourself (many go past the Eastin).

If I was staying in PJ in future, I'd definitely consider the Eastin again.

Date of stay: December 2010
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends
GMEPJ, General Manager at Eastin Hotel Kuala Lumpur, responded to this reviewResponded August 25, 2011

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your kind comments. We are delighted that you had enjoyed your stay with us and our newly refurbished rooms.

We do offer Limousine services and during peak hours we have regular taxis on standby that charges using meter rate. However, please do not hesitate to contact our Concierge during you next visit should you require any transport assistance.

Looking forward to welcoming you back on your next visit.

Best Regards

Reviewed August 18, 2011

Service was excellent, very professional, warm & responsive to requests. Probably one of the best service I've had anywhere. The rooms were large (they gave me an automatic free uograde to a suite, which was a nice touch), well equipped, clean and well thought out (a large room with en suite bathroom with bath, a large screen tv and working desk, an adjacent smaller room with twin beds and a working desk, and a living area with comfy sofa and another tv with a toilet and minibar). The pool was nice and quite, even though not huge. Best thing about the place is the value for money and the great service. I was lookimg for somewhere in petaling jaya, and within walking distance to shops and restaurants but not in a kind of commercial/shopping hub, so the location worked for me. They had free shuttle to nearby malls and places of interest so that works for people who want to move around more. I'd recommend this for travel related to work or if you're visiting people in PJ but not if you're visiting KL as a tourist - it's about 40 mins away to the city centre by taxi deoending on traffic.

Renovations were happening from the 8th - 15th floor. Considering I went there for a quiet place to work, that was a real downer! But the floor manager was great and moved me to a lower floor, further away from the noise, when I spoke to them about it, so that was all stars. Really good service and they took a lot of trouble to try and meet my needs. The ventilation for the smoking room is quite poor, so I'd recommend asking them to open the windows if you're looking for a smoking room. And for some reason, the pillows in the second room I stayed in smelled a bit off (could be ventilation issue). But all in all, I really had a good stay at Eastin and would totally recommend it if you're looking for a good, value for money hotel in PJ with truly excellent service.

Date of stay: June 2011
  • Trip type: Traveled solo
1  Thank Jhybe J

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your comments indeed. View to your rating it seems , you enjoyed your stay at Eastin PJ. Your commendation regarding our floor manager is noted and the personnel has been commended accordingly.

Your comment regarding the ventilation has been forward to our Executive Housekeeper and
he is looking seriously into the matter.

We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us and we look forward to welcoming you back to the Eastin soon.

Best Regards,

Reviewed August 18, 2011

The hotel has been done up and it was so nice ..The breakfast is to die for as its so nice..There is a lot of food outlets and bars.Close to Sunway and mid valley.The people there are so kind and beautiful.A must place to stay.

Date of stay: July 2011
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
1  Thank joeld62

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your great review which I have shared with my team members.

I am glad to hear you like our newly refurbished hotel.

Chef is delighted with your comment on the breakfast at our Swez Brasserie.

I hope you had a save trip back home and that we may welcome you back at the Eastin PJ in the near future.

Best Regards,

Reviewed August 15, 2011

Location is very strategic and with the hotel shuttle provided will get you to nearby attractions like Bangsar and One Utama.

The service provided by the staff is excellent and very courteous.

Room tip: advance booking and request for hill view
Date of stay: August 2011
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
1  Thank anikah o
Reviewed August 8, 2011

I have stayed in this hotel multiple times for a quick getaway. Its competitively priced and has 4 star qualities. The bed is super comfy and never fails to deliver a good night's sleep. The room is spacious and clean and the bathroom is amazing. I can guarentee that the rooms will never dissappoint. I have stayed from rooms in the 8th floor to the 18th floor. Great for short romantic getaways!

On the downside however 2 things might dissappoint. Firstly the noise from the night club is a real pain however it never bothered me when staying from 12th floor onwards. Another would be convenience as there isn't anything nearby that is walking distance. You have to either come by car or depend on taxi or the hotel shuttle. So that might be a slight hinderance.

Overall I feel this is the best business class hotel in PJ that has maintained its service and quality for multiple years now.

Date of stay: September 2010