One World Hotel(Petaling Jaya)
$138
$76
Hotels.com
$16
$99
$80
Agoda.com
Alia Damansara Hotel(Petaling Jaya)
$41
Sunway Resort Hotel & Spa(Petaling Jaya)
$123
$96
$37
$32
$91
$59
Savings alert! 17% below average rates

The price you found is 17% lower than this hotel's average rate of $71/night.

$415
$324
Priceline
Sunway Pyramid Hotel(Petaling Jaya)
$138
$98
1,711 results
All reviewsthe executive loungepaya seraieast wingkuala lumpurbusiness tripspecial thanksjapanese restaurantfederal highwaylrt stationenjoyed my staypj areachecking outhouse keepingpleasant stayf bbuffet breakfastuncle
Reviewed December 27, 2013

We were all heading to the 'Paya Serai' Restaurant in Hilton Petaling Jaya on the 24th of Dec 2013. There were 10 of us in total including our guests which are the Europeans. As soon as we reached the lobby and left the car for the jockey, I could felt that the bellboy paid more attention to our European guests and ignore us because we are Asians. This is even worst after we head straight to the restaurant. Can you imagine the service team of the restaurant even ignore the Asians which is in queue in front of our guest in the restaurant? They snap at them and serve my guest immediately and even ignore the rest of us. I find this is terribly unprofessional and being a 5 star hotel which discriminate guests according to their 'skin color' My friends all felt the same way. We are also guests in Hilton. I believe we should be treated fairly.I am terribly disappointed with HIltion service. How could this happen in 2013??? (service according race) And the food came out very late, half an hour late with no apology.
I have complain to the manager over the phone but I have yet to receive any feedback. Truly dissapointing 5 star hotel!!!

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank Isaac485
GMHiltonPetalingJaya, General Manager at Hilton Petaling Jaya Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 21, 2014

Dear Isaac485

We regret for the service shortfalls you experienced with us. We appreciate your candour and feedback, which helps us take necessary corrective action.

Once again, we are sorry for your less than satisfactory dining experience. A member of our team will contact you through TripAdvisor messaging soon to get more details. We hope that we are able to persuade you to dine with us again and to experience the true Hilton Petaling Jaya service that we are capable of delivering. Thank you for sharing your feedback.

Kind regards.

Charles Marshall
Hilton Petaling Jaya

Reviewed December 25, 2013

This review is long over due. I stayed here in 2011. Unsure if it has had an upgrading since. I sure hope so cos I would go back just for its excellent Executive Lounge.

This hotel has been around for a long time and was once the grand dame of KL/PJ hotels. When I was there in 2011, it sure felt and looked tired and old and was in sore need of a major face lift, inside and out.

However, the physical condition of the hotel betrayed its levels of service! We encountered nothing but genuine smiles and warmth, from the door man to the Executive Floor team.

My room was a very large and spacious suite. I could even hold a meeting in the lounge, which was separate from the bedroom. Furnishings in the room were old and worn but the room was clean.

The Executive Lounge was excellent. The daily spread was generous, featuring a wide variety of both sweet and savoury canapes. I worked there an entire day, undisturbed, but yet had the unobstrusive Lounge team at my back and call. They were friendly, helpful and knowledgeable. On a very high floor, the view was perfect for the business traveller to relax, think and focus in peace.

Room Tip: If you have meetings lined up, and people are coming to you, rather than you to them, it would be wise to book a suite in this hotel. You could save a bundle. No need to book a banquet room if it is a small group meeting. You could have a very pleasant meeting in the lounge area of the suite; and yet maintain privacy with the bedroom door closed. This is one of the few properties where they have been very generous with space. A clever alternative to having your meeting in the Executive Lounge where privacy may need to be compromised.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed December 23, 2013

I always enjoy staying here as a Hilton Gold member. This hotel's executive lounge has a food and drink selection and range that surpasses that of the more expensive KL Sentral Hilton. Breakfast downstairs has a great range of food as well.

In-room Wi-fi is not free/expensive unless one is a Gold member, but is strong and stable. The executive rooms in the East Wing are newly done up and look good. I am not a fan of windows between the sleeping area and bathroom, but at least there is a blind that can be pulled down to guard my privacy from fellow room occupants.There's a good number of power sockets that take all kinds of power connectors. The toiletries are great - nice packaging and fragrant. My one small grouse about the room is that the LED reading lights come with very short adjustable necks and are hard to aim where they're needed.

Staff are well-trained and are warm and helpful throughout the hotel.

During my last visit the reception desks in the lobby were being renovated. The lobby itself is quite small and has a low ceiling. The walk to the elevators from the room is rather long.

No nearby malls within walking distance. The hotel provides shuttle buses. A Giant supermarket is just across the road. There is an excellent Indian restaurant next door and many other eating selections nearby.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 23, 2013

I find my stay here pleasant although I've only slept for a couple of hours due to event setup. It was restful. The service by the hotel front desk was great. They are accommodating in providing late check out service with no extra charge. The banquet staffs for the event were very helpful as well. They provide requested items fairly promptly. I would definitely return to this hotel again for stay or event.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
Reviewed December 16, 2013

I've stayed here many times and have always liked this hotel. It's renovations in the past couple of years have also made it much more of a pleasant stay. I also appreciate the free Wifi that the hotel has brought back but since it is a Hilton, I wonder why it is ambivalent about the provision of the free Wifi. For a start, the free Wifi is not available in the rooms (unless you are Hilton Honours members). Secondary, why do we need to inconvenience ourselves and the hotel concierge to get the free wifi passwords every two hours? Yes, each free wifi session is only valid for two hours from first use. It is also peculiar that the hotel had a number of pre-printed passwords that will be given to whoever who asks for it (by citing a room number) and the password will be manually copied onto a recycled paper and handed to the guest. On one morning, we were told 'sorry, we have run out of passwords'? Why such dinosaur technology? Any issue was when a friend left his room card key in his room, and all he needed was to go to the front desk, inform his room number, and a room card key was issued to him, no question asked. How's that for Hilton security? Despite these, this is still a great hotel and will continue to return.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with friends