“Excellent staff!”

Ranked #2 of 45 Hotels in Petaling Jaya
Hexham, England, United Kingdom
“Excellent staff!”
Reviewed March 28, 2013

I stayed in this hotel for two weeks whilst my mother was working in Kuala Lumpur. The hotel is mainly used for business and there were lots of working people staying and conferences taking place in the hotel. This was a positive for me as on the days that I chose to stay by the pool I had the place to myself. It also very close to the train station and the transport system is excellent, so it's a great base for getting around this beautiful city.

The room was lovely and included all the basic amenities and a large flat screen tv on the wall showing some English speaking channels. The best thing about this hotel is the staff, they are all lovely and go out of their way to help you. Everyone is really friendly and the food and service is excellent.

Room Tip: If you can try and book an executive room. It means you have access to the executive lounge which h...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
GMHiltonPetalingJaya, General Manager at Hilton Petaling Jaya Hotel, responded to this review, April 9, 2013
Thank you for staying with us, and I appreciate you taking time to share the feedback on the hotel.

I’m glad that you enjoyed our team's warm hospitality and you found our newly renovated rooms, facilities as well as nearby amenities to your liking. I will be sure to share your comments with them.

Again, thank you for the feedback and I look forward to welcoming you back to the Hilton Petaling Jaya when you next return to KL.

Peter Webster

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (211)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Turkish first
Mumbai
Reviewed March 25, 2013

Booking Experience

My stay was booked by my company 15 days advance, Hotel booking confirmation was provided.

Reaching Experience

I have requested for Airport Pickup through Hotel, Pickup car was ready just outside of exit gate with my Name displayed. Reached hotel in 45 Minutes from Airport. Pickup cost was slightly higher side (INR-4400) compare to other options like Limousine (INR1600) or Budget Taxi (INR900), BUS (INR400)

Checking-in Experience,

My room was ready, took 5 minutes to finish the check-in, I have been asked to deposit approx INR20,000/- for 2 Night stay. I have provided my Credit card, Hotel has charged 1000 MYR (approx INR20000).

Very beautiful reception, restaurant, bar , well cleaned, Helpful staff members.

Entering into room :

I have been providing with electronic entry Card, very easy access to room. Well cleaned, very very nice, room was very cold, its a modern design, with King size bed, Sofa, Study Table with 40” LCD TV. Only 12 channels, and Cable Internet (part of my hotel charges).

View from window was pool side as well as Highway, I was missing cold towel or welcome drink upon my check-in.
Very beautiful Bathroom, with Both Tab, well cleaned – impressed. However it smelled.

The decor is very tasteful and the hotel was immaculately clean. (Refer photo)

Staying experience :

The breakfast was complimentary, very nice all kind of choice, India, Malaysian, Chinese and continental. The staff was very well trained, exceptionally friendly and helpful. Very professional.

Dinner - I have requested to have real India food, they asked me few questions and surprise was, I had real home food, with same test of Home, great. Learned, you need to ask, they will organize the best.

The stay there was a very nice experience and would be very happy to stay there again.

Getting Around :

Taman Jaya Rapid Train station is about 5 min by foot from the hotel.

There is Giant supermarket across the Hotel, and you'll see 24-hr KFC and Indian restaurant next door, should you bore with hotel food or want something fast to eat try this.

Room Tip: Incase you need smoking or non smoking room, ask this just before check-in to Ensure. Try to book po...
4 Thank MANMOHAN-MUMBAI

Bali, Indonesia
Reviewed March 22, 2013

I stayed in room 614. The hotel was well appointed as well as the room. Material of the glass where you can see the view from the room was very nice, you will see the view of the street without hearing anything (especially at night), however the entrance door material was just too thin, I could hear people walked in the corridor and the guests from next room closed their door clearly.

The service was fantastic. I arrived at midnight and founded the lady on the reception desk was very helpful. The checking in process was just less than 10 minutes. There was no cold towel or welcome drink upon my check in but it can be considered as Hilton PJ is actually not a resort but city hotel.

The breakfast was very nice but I did not find anything different during my three nights stay, everything just exactly the same. The staff was very well trained, attractive and nice (as always).

Please pass my thanks for Ms Devi in business center, we shared a lot of thing and she was very helpful and well knowledge.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
GMHiltonPetalingJaya, General Manager at Hilton Petaling Jaya Hotel, responded to this review, March 25, 2013
Dear Raka S,

I am delighted to read that you have thoroughly enjoyed your stay in our newly renovated bedrooms and the warm service from my team. I have particularly taken note on your feedback with regards to the noise from the corridor, breakfast variety and some areas to improve at check-in that I will definitely discuss with my team. Thank you for the compliments given to Devi, I will definitely share with her.

Perth, Australia
Reviewed March 21, 2013

The rooms are very very nice, air conditioning was on far too low when I checked in and room was very cold, but that was easily fixed. Never been a fan of a shower with no door on it, I know its a modern design but the water tends to splash onto the main bathroom floor.

The only major gripe I had with the room in fact with the hotel as a whole was the fact that you had to pay for use of the internet. I am sure that the lack of free wifi will make some business travellers stay elsewhere.

The staff were exceptionally friendly and helpful. Very professional.

The decor is very tasteful and the hotel was immaculately clean.

The bar was very nice and the band very good, although a little loud if trying to hold a conversation, but great entertainment.

Dear Stdoro,

I was delighted to read that you have enjoyed your stay and in particular our tastefully designed bedrooms, facilities, Uncle Chilli’s Bar and the service from my team. I will be sure to pass your kind words to the team. I was sorry to read your feedback regarding lack of free wifi in the hotel. As a business hotel, we recognize our guests' need for internet in particular wifi. However, we are currently tied with a vendor but is in the midst of negotiation to change and plan on having complimentary wifi in public areas as well as wifi in all bedrooms.

Jakarta, Indonesia
Reviewed March 19, 2013

Stayed at Hilton PJ for two days last week, got a good deal and upgraded to deluxe room. They have a marvelous team, everyone treat you with a smile. Room and facilities are new and modern. I got a very good sleep after tiring meeting and shopping around KL. Taxi are mostly available, from KL Sentral you can buy taxi coupon for MYR 16 to the hotel or MYR 24 at late hours. The nearest train station is Taman Jaya, but not recommended for elderly to go there due to uphill and downhill street conditions.Taman Jaya is about 10-15 min by foot from the hotel.

There is Giant supermarket across the Hotel, and you'll see 24-hr KFC and Indian restaurant, should you bore with hotel food or want something fast to eat.

1 Thank cyco_igoy
Dear Cyco_igoy,

Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Reviewed March 16, 2013

Well, i must conclude that i had a wonderful stay at Hilton PJ. Don't be fooled by the aging facade of the building, the interior, as everybody is raving about, is just modern and classy. I love it. The food is my favorite.The breakfast variety served at Paya Serai just ticks all my dietary boxes. I asked for an upgrade to a deluxe room because a standard room does not come with bath tub. Room facilities are standard as you can get from any 5-Star hotel. The bed is comfortable, the room A/C system is excellent and i had a 5-star quality sleep. The gym opens 24 hours and is well equipped. The lobby is cool place to hang out. The only bummer about this hotel is the unavailability of free WiFi in the room and at the lobby for guests (WiFi at the lobby is charged for a fee and LAN cable is provided in the room) but luckily i wasn't so hard up for free connectivity. Free WiFi is a common thing these days that is even available at 2 star hotels. I read it somewhere here that the management is looking into it. In a nutshell, I'd recommend this hotel

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
GMHiltonPetalingJaya, General Manager at Hilton Petaling Jaya Hotel, responded to this review, March 18, 2013

I was delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay though was sorry to read your feedback regarding internet. As a business hotel, we recognize our guests need for internet in particular bandwidth, wifi and minimal cost. To improve our situation we recently upgraded our bandwidth to 50 meg which means guests should never have any issues regarding file size.

Regarding the cost, we are currently tied with a vendor but we are currently in negotiations to change and plan on having complimentary wifi in public areas as well as wifi in all bedrooms.

Shah Alam
Reviewed March 15, 2013

Hilton Petaling Jaya an icon for Petaling Jaya since 28 years ago and the hotel just completed renovation for their hotel. The upgraded and renovated of their facility from equipment to the very floor of each hotel room. Now day the room is totally different that previous. Private checked in for my Executive Suite at 21th floor Executive Lounge the highest floor for the hotel; this’s experience I never had before, check in at the top floor in hotel, awesome.
Moment i step in room feel natural warm, the softness of carpet. Sunshine through big window will make you wanted lay down at the sofa in living area.
The room completed with 3 sections; Bed, Living and Dining area.
The room really spoiled me. The rain shower, bathtub and premium bath amenities in bath room. Sofa of the living area, and the bed is excellent …comfort warm.
The new Executive Lounge much bigger than previous one, you can have your Executive Suite privileges here, champagne, fine food, scenery city view, and evening cocktail here.
What to grab for dinner, no worries, Local delight, Western, Japanese and Chinese dished. There have Toh Yuen for Chinese food, Paya Serai serve potpourri of Malaysian and international delight, Genji Japanese for Japanese food, and Caffe CINO a relaxing coffee place.
Nothing to do after dinner, Uncle Chilli’s will have something for you in the night, live band performance is happening. Those who love Cigar, here the Cigar Lounge are, lots of premium Cuban cigars selection.
Full American Breakfast and they also serve Malaysian local delight.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Vincentvwc78
Thank you for staying with us, and I appreciate you taking time to share your feedback on the hotel.

I was delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay and in particular our newly renovated bedrooms, executive lounge, food and entertainment.

Thank you again for the feedback and I look forward to welcoming you back to the Hilton Petaling Jaya when you next return to KL.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Petaling Jaya
4.5 of 5 bubbles 3,859 reviews
Best Western Petaling Jaya
Best Western Petaling Jaya
#11 of 45 in Petaling Jaya

Been to Hilton Petaling Jaya Hotel? Share your experiences!