“PJ Hilton First Class Hospitality”

Hilton Petaling Jaya Hotel
Ranked #2 of 45 Hotels in Petaling Jaya
Perth, Australia
“PJ Hilton First Class Hospitality”
Reviewed March 21, 2013

The rooms are very very nice, air conditioning was on far too low when I checked in and room was very cold, but that was easily fixed. Never been a fan of a shower with no door on it, I know its a modern design but the water tends to splash onto the main bathroom floor.

The only major gripe I had with the room in fact with the hotel as a whole was the fact that you had to pay for use of the internet. I am sure that the lack of free wifi will make some business travellers stay elsewhere.

The staff were exceptionally friendly and helpful. Very professional.

The decor is very tasteful and the hotel was immaculately clean.

The bar was very nice and the band very good, although a little loud if trying to hold a conversation, but great entertainment.

The stay there was a very nice experience and would be very happy to stay there again.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
GMHiltonPetalingJaya, General Manager at Hilton Petaling Jaya Hotel, responded to this review, March 25, 2013
Dear Stdoro,

Thank you for staying with us, and I appreciate you taking time to share the feedback on the hotel.

I was delighted to read that you have enjoyed your stay and in particular our tastefully designed bedrooms, facilities, Uncle Chilli’s Bar and the service from my team. I will be sure to pass your kind words to the team. I was sorry to read your feedback regarding lack of free wifi in the hotel. As a business hotel, we recognize our guests' need for internet in particular wifi. However, we are currently tied with a vendor but is in the midst of negotiation to change and plan on having complimentary wifi in public areas as well as wifi in all bedrooms.

Again, thank you for the feedback and I look forward to welcoming you back to the Hilton Petaling Jaya when you next return to KL.

Peter Webster

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (214)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Jakarta, Indonesia
Reviewed March 19, 2013

Stayed at Hilton PJ for two days last week, got a good deal and upgraded to deluxe room. They have a marvelous team, everyone treat you with a smile. Room and facilities are new and modern. I got a very good sleep after tiring meeting and shopping around KL. Taxi are mostly available, from KL Sentral you can buy taxi coupon for MYR 16 to the hotel or MYR 24 at late hours. The nearest train station is Taman Jaya, but not recommended for elderly to go there due to uphill and downhill street conditions.Taman Jaya is about 10-15 min by foot from the hotel.

There is Giant supermarket across the Hotel, and you'll see 24-hr KFC and Indian restaurant, should you bore with hotel food or want something fast to eat.

1 Thank cyco_igoy
Dear Cyco_igoy,

I’m glad that you enjoyed our team's warm hospitality and you found our newly renovated rooms, facilities as well as nearby amenities to your liking. I will be sure to share your comments with them.

Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Reviewed March 16, 2013

Well, i must conclude that i had a wonderful stay at Hilton PJ. Don't be fooled by the aging facade of the building, the interior, as everybody is raving about, is just modern and classy. I love it. The food is my favorite.The breakfast variety served at Paya Serai just ticks all my dietary boxes. I asked for an upgrade to a deluxe room because a standard room does not come with bath tub. Room facilities are standard as you can get from any 5-Star hotel. The bed is comfortable, the room A/C system is excellent and i had a 5-star quality sleep. The gym opens 24 hours and is well equipped. The lobby is cool place to hang out. The only bummer about this hotel is the unavailability of free WiFi in the room and at the lobby for guests (WiFi at the lobby is charged for a fee and LAN cable is provided in the room) but luckily i wasn't so hard up for free connectivity. Free WiFi is a common thing these days that is even available at 2 star hotels. I read it somewhere here that the management is looking into it. In a nutshell, I'd recommend this hotel

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
GMHiltonPetalingJaya, General Manager at Hilton Petaling Jaya Hotel, responded to this review, March 18, 2013

I was delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay though was sorry to read your feedback regarding internet. As a business hotel, we recognize our guests need for internet in particular bandwidth, wifi and minimal cost. To improve our situation we recently upgraded our bandwidth to 50 meg which means guests should never have any issues regarding file size.

Regarding the cost, we are currently tied with a vendor but we are currently in negotiations to change and plan on having complimentary wifi in public areas as well as wifi in all bedrooms.

Shah Alam
Reviewed March 15, 2013

Hilton Petaling Jaya an icon for Petaling Jaya since 28 years ago and the hotel just completed renovation for their hotel. The upgraded and renovated of their facility from equipment to the very floor of each hotel room. Now day the room is totally different that previous. Private checked in for my Executive Suite at 21th floor Executive Lounge the highest floor for the hotel; this’s experience I never had before, check in at the top floor in hotel, awesome.
Moment i step in room feel natural warm, the softness of carpet. Sunshine through big window will make you wanted lay down at the sofa in living area.
The room completed with 3 sections; Bed, Living and Dining area.
The room really spoiled me. The rain shower, bathtub and premium bath amenities in bath room. Sofa of the living area, and the bed is excellent …comfort warm.
The new Executive Lounge much bigger than previous one, you can have your Executive Suite privileges here, champagne, fine food, scenery city view, and evening cocktail here.
What to grab for dinner, no worries, Local delight, Western, Japanese and Chinese dished. There have Toh Yuen for Chinese food, Paya Serai serve potpourri of Malaysian and international delight, Genji Japanese for Japanese food, and Caffe CINO a relaxing coffee place.
Nothing to do after dinner, Uncle Chilli’s will have something for you in the night, live band performance is happening. Those who love Cigar, here the Cigar Lounge are, lots of premium Cuban cigars selection.
Full American Breakfast and they also serve Malaysian local delight.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Vincentvwc78
Thank you for staying with us, and I appreciate you taking time to share your feedback on the hotel.

I was delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay and in particular our newly renovated bedrooms, executive lounge, food and entertainment.

Thank you again for the feedback and I look forward to welcoming you back to the Hilton Petaling Jaya when you next return to KL.

Sarawak
Reviewed March 7, 2013

Superb Hotel with great quality and excellent service... Love the room and the environment so clean and fresh. For leisure, its the great place to have a peace in mind with the location that far from traffic and noise free zone. During the breakfast, more variety of food to be chosen. Love the aroma of coffee and delicious Omelette cooked by the Chef.. Fast service during Check-in & check-out. Front Office done the great service. Thank you Hilton Petaling Jaya..

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
GMHiltonPetalingJaya, General Manager at Hilton Petaling Jaya Hotel, responded to this review, March 11, 2013

I was delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay and in particular our newly renovated bedrooms, food and the service from my team. I will be sure to pass on your kind words to the team members.

Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
Reviewed February 24, 2013

Stayed here at HHonors Gold for 2 nights. PJ Hilton has been around for as long as I remember growing up in the vicinity. Visiting from abroad it was nice to see the positive progress it has made, in particular the wonderful executive wing where I had the privilege to experience one of their largely spaced King Executive Suites on the top floor, close to the lounge. Quality of furnishing was top of the class, with a very comfortable bed for a slumber sleep, Peter Roth Thomas amenities and nice thick luxurious towels, in a glittering clean bathroom with a bathtub. Built in safe was very easy to use and excellent views from the top floor. However I did not find any plug in for electronic music devices or sound system incorporated. Wireless Internet in the room, executive lounge and other areas of the hotel was very fast, to my delight.

The executive lounge was also very nicely laid out, and staff attentive and friendly throughout my stay there. The pool appears a bit too small for lap swimming but nice for a dip. The gym is managed by Clark Hatch Fitness Centre, is of decent size but appears dimmed and enclosed without much natural light at all. It gave a slightly damp scent upon walking in. The adjacent spa offers a variety of different Asian inspired massages, of relatively acceptable prices for a Hilton.

Breakfast included has a Good selection including local delicacies, alongside Western, Japanese, Indian, Chinese and Middle Easteren options, with a dedicated smoking and non-smoking section. Staff was attentive and forth coming with drinks order at the time of seating and thereafter for refills.

I encountered some shortfalls upon check in, in regards to the provision for 3 registered guests as well as the room type that I booked, but was rectified by hotel management to what I expected. Feedback was received graciously by the duty manager the next morning. Little things do matter at the Hilton, and these little things can go a long way, particularly in the luxury hotel industry. I hope a good experience there will be, a great experience when the opportunity arises again for me to stay there in the near future.

Room Tip: A room in the executive wing is fresh, new and recommended.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Kenny_Cool

I was delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay and in particular our newly renovated bedrooms, executive lounge, food, facilities and the service from my team; I will be sure to pass on your kind words.

Palmerston North, New Zealand
Reviewed February 24, 2013

Great Hilton quality and service. But years behind on speed and costs of internet. Business people need only three things. Bed, bathroom and internet. If any one of these 3 is missing or doesn't work properly then it needs to be addressed. I stayed in hotels over five countries in 2 weeks and only this hotel charged for wifi. Come On Hilton its not 1999 any more.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
GMHiltonPetalingJaya, General Manager at Hilton Petaling Jaya Hotel, responded to this review, March 5, 2013