“U call that thai restaurant”
Review of I'm Spicy - CLOSED

I'm Spicy
Cuisines: Thai
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed August 16, 2013

Food wasnt that great...tomyam too sweet that made me feel like im going to have diabetes soon...the food appearingly is over-charged..and too small portions...am i having a kids meal?

1  Thank Nicas1116
There are newer reviews for I'm Spicy

Reviewed June 15, 2013

Thank you tripadvisor to let me find this restaurant. Its delicious and I think I will come back again when I come to this area.

1  Thank Phusacha S
Reviewed April 11, 2013

The food here is undoubtedly good. I have been back three times. Suffice to say, I was willing to pay the slightly pricey fare for portions that I would describe as small. If you have a group of four or more, the portion size is still the same (small) so you would either have to order in duplicates or to order more variety; which may not be a bad thing (besides an emptier wallet). The tom yam was good, as was the salads (cat fish salad and pomelo salad) and green curry. We ordered a off menu item which was a unique platter of salad leaves to wrap the provided flat noodles, mince pork (was a little too oily for my liking) and a chilli sauce blend. It was good and different. I have been told to ask what specials they have as these ‘specials’ will not be on their menu and changes from time to time.

Ambience - I would not give a ‘very good’ despite it rather rustic thai decoration. The place does not have any curtains or soft panels to absorb noise and as it fills up, noise level increases to a rather UN-peaceful level bordering maniacal irritation. And the place does fill up pretty fast so a reservation for big groups would definitely be advisable.

1  Thank Leechy78
Reviewed January 24, 2013

If you're craving for authentic Thai Street Food, this is the place. And they serve pork!! The pork skewers (Mu Bhing) are marinated perfectly, not too sweet and full of flavor.

I've read many comments about the price but after talking to the owner, I concluded they only use quality ingredients in their food. Case in point, the rice used is fragrance jasmine rice cooked just right and the pork doesn't have any strange after-taste as some of the non-halal shops do.

Do ask for their daily specials, it's not on their menu and usually kept for their regulars!!

My favourites
1. Green Curry - I can eat this everyday just with rice!!

2. Garlic Pork - hmm, fried garlic bits with pork, best eaten with stick rice - just like in thailand

3. Chiang Mai sausage - they don't have this everyday, but it's good. I don't really want to know what's in the sausage but I know it's gooood!!!! It has spicy herbs in it but it's not spicy hot.

4. Pork Skewers (Mu Phing) - this one is great for snacking.. or with rice..

5. I'm Spicy house drink - this is refreshing and acts as a palate cleanser, like sorbet. (TIP - Get a jug if you come in with more than 1 person)

They accept cash and credits cards (not AMEX though)!!
Close on Tuesdays

Operating Hours from 12-3pm; 6-10pm

4  Thank danielsim81
Reviewed October 18, 2012

We thought the portions were ridiculously small. Definitely not value for money. Taste wise wasn't too bad but not enough to bring us back for the second. Worth a try and of course if you are willing to pay 'premium' price.

3  Thank pigsters