“Not worth the price”
Review of Secret Garden

Secret Garden
Ranked #1,273 of 1,701 Restaurants in Petaling Jaya
Reviewed July 21, 2017 via mobile

I always wondered y this place always fully booked.Food was mediocre but price was premium in a friendly neighborhood. I ordered dishes for 7 people and the waiter kept insisting food was not enough and recommended everything to be large. Food came and it was just too much for us! Waiter also kept insisting that we order seasonal price items on the menu. We tried grass fed chicken which was 'highly recommended'. What a rip off. RM60 for a quarter chicken and other places (mind you, a more classy restaurant) was charging RM60 for half a 'grass fed' chicken. Stark difference vs restaurants who would recommend good portions and leave the decision for customers to add on where not enough.

Reviewed April 30, 2017 via mobile

When it was promoted by a local tv Ho Chak, I headed towards it.Deco was good & all tables were taken up but based on my earlier call which they told me to walkin, they let us in. They recommended pumpkin taufu, thai mango chicken, vegetables, fried rice, shredded pork & Fried fresh water prawn mee.
Food were saltish & fresh water prawn mee very bland.
For dessert we ordered cocojut avocardo sago. Their set steamboat at RM 98.00

Reviewed April 8, 2017 via mobile

First, i am impressed with the layout of this restaurant. All tables arranged in a comfy spaces, the deco is pretty nice and cozy. Service is very good and was anticipating some delicious foods.
We order steam fish,braised pork belly,steam chicken, taufu ,deer meat and vegetables.
Foods are reasonable nice but slightly blank and can"t pin point any dishes that really impressed me.
The reason i am giving 4 stars because the set up of the restaurant..foodwise 3 stars.

Reviewed March 18, 2017

Very good service and nicely decorated interior. Food presentation was fabulous. We like the salted crab, fresh oysters and steam lala soup that we got. A bit on the above average pricing but all was well. They also serve steamboat here.

Reviewed November 6, 2016

Me and my family didn't really enjoyed the dinner there. All the dishes a bit oily and the portion of food doesn't worth the price. Even the rice is not cooked! My brother who join us later spot a parking space in front of the restaurant but the worker refuse to let him park. Even he told the worker he will have a dinner in the restaurant. My brother were told to park somewhere else. Because they want to reserve the parking space for the lady boss's friend!!!