“Good food, good company”

Muhibbah Seafood Restaurant
Ranked #458 of 1,443 Restaurants in Petaling Jaya
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
“Good food, good company”
Reviewed December 19, 2012

Muhibbah has been around for many years, and has recently moved to the new (bigger and nicer) building over ath Sg Penchala.

Food is always great. Staff are efficient (not much chit chat, just take your order and come back with the food), and the new location is definitely a lot more convinient to have a big group.

Do make a reservation, or go there before 7 if you don't want to fight the crowd.

• Visited November 2012
1 Thank imegat

• Indonesian first
“Excellent food”
Reviewed December 15, 2012

The reataurant has been around since 25++ years ago . The quality of food remains the same, despite change in location, change in cooks.

This is because the owner is always there to ensure all in order in the kitchen

Due to the crowd, delivery of food can sometimes take a while.

Parking is limited, but they have buggy service if you park far along the road.

• Visited November 2012
1 Thank AAA1971KL
“Let down by service..”
Reviewed September 24, 2012

Having frequented the 'old' Muhibbah in TTDI, I can honestly say that I came away disappointed with my recent visit to the new venue. The service is atrociously snail paced as are the servings which were pretty small even though we ordered the large portion for each of the dishes. Furthermore, the famed fried squid does not live to the expectation I thought I had remember it by. Disappointment! I reckon that's what expanding can do to one's business when quality & customer service is overlooked. Sigh~

Visited September 2012
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
“Great Fried Sotong and Assam Fish”
Reviewed July 6, 2012

I have found out about this place one a month ago. It is no longer in TTDI, as it has moved to a larger and cleaner location in Kampong Pinchala.

The first time I went there was a Wednesday, and the place was packed at 8:30PM, so I figured it must be good for something. Every table has fried sotong, and quite a few had assam fish. I ordered both.

The next morning, I found out at the office that this place is a legend in the TTDI area for it's fried sotong, and I know why cause I tried them. What people did not know in the office was that the assam fish is unique and very good, at least to palate of an expat living in KL for 6 years.

The place is very clean and the staff very friendly. However, if you are Caucasian and you like spicy food, tell the them to go ahead full steam with the chilly when you order it. :-) Else, they will turn down the fire for you! :-)

• Visited June 2012
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
“Lacklustre Service run by nincompoops”
Reviewed May 3, 2012

Restaurant Muhibbah is an epitome of bad service and perhaps some would say berated food quality. I am in need to place my views in a hope the management of the restaurant will take some time to find improvements it needs (if they care at all).

I have never been to any restaurant that has a 80% probability that your drinks will not come at all until you realised 30 mins later you are without a drink. This occurs most times i dine there. The last one was few weeks ago...where my food arrived but my drink was not. I prompted and reminded 6 times to the waiter and waitresses around and even the manager at the cashier counter but never came until i had to walk down the street and buy my own drink at a convenient grocer nearby. That is how bad it was. How difficult to get a drink out of the kitchen?

The manager at the counter, with non-chalant look and gesture, had the cheek to tell me "we are busy tonight". To me, your restaurant is busy or empty is none of a customer's concern. Lame excuses like those only comes from those with limited intelligence and lack of responsibility.

We come as a paying customer and treated like we begged for free food and drinks. C'mon! my purse only for those deserving. Definitely not like Restaurant Muhibbah.

I will not recommend this Muhibbah restaurant to anyone. Sorry.. you've lost a customer and many more to come. Keep it up cos I'd like to see they fail as an example to the rest for being lacklustre.

• Visited April 2012