“nowhere near as good as it used to be”
Review of Paya Serai

Paya Serai
Ranked #33 of 1,523 Restaurants in Petaling Jaya
Cuisines: Asian
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: Paya Serai is the ideal location for hosting your social and corporate events alike. From daily lunch and dinner buffets, weekend high-teas to monthly themed gastronomic affairs, this chic restaurant is a local favourite known for its impeccable service as well as its sumptuous buffet offerings.
Reviewed December 17, 2012

After maybe 12 stays over 3.5 years, we used to rave about the breakfast buffet, but our most recent visit (6-9 Dec 2012) was very disappointing. Not so much choice with in the local, western, cold cuts etc etc sections, slow replenishment of dishes. And.......there is still an annoying area set aside for smokers - their smoke works its way into the restaurant, sitting area, lobby......Why does the Hilton PJ allow smokers in public areas?????

Reviewed November 14, 2012

I gonna make this short. Came there on the 13th November 2012 during lunch time.

The service was good. Captain really friendly and the waiter/waitress really fast.

The Malay Corner kindda disappointing. Where is the sambal belachan? You cant call it Malay corner without sambal belachan and ulams.

The nasi bryani doesnt taste like the Malay version of nasi bryani. Its more like the Indian version a.k.a kedai mamak nasi bryani.

You lagsana looked very dry and disgusting. Not appealing at all. Lagsana was my favorite thing but that day, nahhh... I skipped it.

You red snapper, don't put it there at the buffet counter. It is such an embarrassment to put such dry, not attractive dishes in 5 stars restaurant.

Your Chinese Corner is big disappointment too. Except the Szechuan soup. I don't know how you have a guts to call it Chinese.

Salads, desserts, roasted lamb, satay (both chicken and beef), pastries - excellent. I like it.

Reviewed July 28, 2012

Excellent breakfasts, & rather good other meals. Breakfasts set out in sections to make choosing easier.

Reviewed June 26, 2012

In short, I am not going to give great reviews for buffets.. overall it was okay. There was a wide variety, but I had better. Satay and italians was great, but there was nothing great about desserts at all. Overall very average; and below what I had expected.

Reviewed June 26, 2012

Captain on duty was very rude. Tables at the restaurant for MIA seminar participants were badly arranged. We were cramped at one corner of the restaurant making moving around difficult. We had to wait for other to move out the seat in order for us to do the same.

Captain passed very sarcastic remark and didn't not make an attempt to apologize until we complained to the supervisor. We were treated like second class guests. We were not valued as customers.

I would definitely vote against this hotel for our future seminars. We had a very unpleasant day due to the rude captain. I would never come back to this hotel until it reaches 5 star rating by its customers.

1  Thank AidaBahari