This resort is a palace/castle/spaceship with fabulous lagoons, beaches and waterslides all around. A massive uncrowded theme park is attached, as well as a large indoor air-conditioned shopping mall. I knew we were in for an other-worldly experience when I started snapping photos from inside the Mercedes Taxi, upon arrival. Our suite was Abu Dabi meets Paris; glamorous red walls, gilt furniture and ballooning fabric-covered ceilings. The staff was meticulous, anticipatory and the executive chef (trained at The Waldorf) visited with us (out of curiosity) mentioning he hadn’t seen a female American in Kuala for nearly five years. Apparently the State Department has lifted a travel advisory, and exotic Kuala is courting our American tourist dollar, which indeed goes verrrrrry far there.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sunway Resort Hotel & Spa is one of Kuala Lumpur’s most iconic 5-star hotels, situated within the sprawling integrated resort of Sunway City. The Hotel is located next to Sunway Lagoon theme park and connected to the massive Sunway Pyramid shopping mall, seamlessly integrating facilities for easy, within the minute walking-access, to a multitude of leisure and business services. On arrival, the Hotel’s dramatic neo classical façade welcomes guests to superlative features and thematic architectural designs, sheltered by towering minaret glass domes and a main driveway that boasts monumental sculptures of deer being pursued by a Malayan tiger and two life-size elephants stand guard; with a profusion of fountains and captivating oasis of water features. The Hotel’s 441 guestrooms and suites are equipped with complimentary Wi-Fi and other modern conveniences. Most guestrooms have theme park views or the resort's skyline; some provide balconies with an opportunity to walk out to the lush tropical gardens. Facilities within the hotel include an expansive free-form landscaped swimming pool with cascading waterfalls, a Balinese-inspired Mandara spa, a fitness centre, an all-day dining restaurant, a lobby lounge and several independently-operated Chinese, Thai and other speciality restaurants. Located adjacent to the Hotel are Sunway Pyramid Convention Centre, 170 food and beverage outlets and over 900-retail stores in the shopping mall, and two additional hotel towers with Sunway Pyramid Hotel and Sunway Clio Hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Hotels.com, Expedia, Priceline, Ctrip TA, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Hotwire and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Sunway Resort Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sunway Resort Hotel And Spa
- Sunway Hotel Petaling Jaya