Our family spent 5 nights at this resort with inter-connecting rooms for our children (10 & 13 yrs). Overall, our stay was enjoyable and I would rate the resort a 4 with the following pros & cons:
* Fantastic access to the Sunway Lagoon Theme/Water Park
* Brilliant shopping centre adjoining the hotel. You will need 5 days to get around it!
* Numerous eateries within the shopping centre and out from the hotel
* Free Wi-Fi with no limit on the number of devices used
* Complimentary mini-bar
* Great TV channel options for the kids (and grown-ups)
* Lovely pool area
* Friendly and helpful staff on arrival; concierge staff very helpful also. Thank you Wan :-)
* Laundry service recommended
* Rooms promptly cleaned each day
* Hotel is looking tired and in need of a freshen-up
* Rooms are a compact size. Not suitable for a family of 4 - go the inter-connecting option
* Bathrooms are small with the shower in the bath.
* No idea how to poach an egg! The pot of water was not even boiling 2 hours into breakfast!
* Food ordered was not what was delivered on more than one occasion
* Lunch order at pool took 30 minutes and then was wrong...another 30 minute wait!
* Pool whilst beautiful was very cold
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sunway Resort Hotel & Spa is one of Kuala Lumpur’s most iconic 5-star hotels, situated within the sprawling integrated resort of Sunway City. The Hotel is located next to Sunway Lagoon theme park and connected to the massive Sunway Pyramid shopping mall, seamlessly integrating facilities for easy, within the minute walking-access, to a multitude of leisure and business services. On arrival, the Hotel’s dramatic neo classical façade welcomes guests to superlative features and thematic architectural designs, sheltered by towering minaret glass domes and a main driveway that boasts monumental sculptures of deer being pursued by a Malayan tiger and two life-size elephants stand guard; with a profusion of fountains and captivating oasis of water features. The Hotel’s 441 guestrooms and suites are equipped with complimentary Wi-Fi and other modern conveniences. Most guestrooms have theme park views or the resort's skyline; some provide balconies with an opportunity to walk out to the lush tropical gardens. Facilities within the hotel include an expansive free-form landscaped swimming pool with cascading waterfalls, a Balinese-inspired Mandara spa, a fitness centre, an all-day dining restaurant, a lobby lounge and several independently-operated Chinese, Thai and other speciality restaurants. Located adjacent to the Hotel are Sunway Pyramid Convention Centre, 170 food and beverage outlets and over 900-retail stores in the shopping mall, and two additional hotel towers with Sunway Pyramid Hotel and Sunway Clio Hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Booking.com, Agoda, Hotels.com, Priceline, Ctrip TA, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Hotwire and Cancelon so you can book your Sunway Resort Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sunway Resort Hotel And Spa
- Sunway Hotel Petaling Jaya